Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Sunday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Sunday Set Time Predictions

Why is everyone still under the delusion/exercise in wishful thinking that multiple stages will be going until midnight on Sunday?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Here's Sunday with Booourns' Sahara shake up which also changed a few things in the Mojave.

Now some questions regarding The Main and Outdoor:
    First, depending on how much credence we're going to give to FB set times, we could switch Dinosaur Jr. with Smith Westerns and be closer to the 2pm set time listed on Dino’s FB. Also, we could switch Rodriguez and The Lumineers (I believe we initially had Rodriguez on the sunset Outdoor slot anyway) and then maybe, as Concertgoer suggested, put the Lumineers on the Main before Vampire Weekend and put Wu-Tang on the Outdoor.

I can't decide on Wu-Tang. They seem like they would do better at night, but De La Soul’s set was great in ’10 and it was around the same time. Has anyone heard/read about how many members are supposed to show up? Are they a big enough draw relative to the other bands in that slot to require an evening slot?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

generally when acts list a time like 2pm, as Dino Jr. did they end up playing withing 45 minutes of that time. i think that spot they are in is fine.

that 2pm listing is on their website as well.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I know the whole the second person on the bill always is the opener for the headliner. But doesnt it make way more sense switching nick cave and social d. Social d into chili peppers just seems like a perfect lil socal brofest while giving nick cave the opportunity to close a stage

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    I know the whole the second person on the bill always is the opener for the headliner. But doesnt it make way more sense switching nick cave and social d. Social d into chili peppers just seems like a perfect lil socal brofest while giving nick cave the opportunity to close a stage
    I so completely agree.

Didn't really make sense for At The Drive-In to play between Justice and Dr. Dre, but it happened.

It seems like Kurt Vile's recent move from the 7th line to the 4th warrants a later set time. Has similar upward mobility of acts in the past resulted in set time changes and if so, how would it correlate to Vile?

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Didn't really make sense for At The Drive-In to play between Justice and Dr. Dre, but it happened.
    Yes but neither of those band had expressed their distaste with the band before them. Nick cave does not want to be the opener for chili peppers, and im pretty sure goldenvoice will oblige him and put him else where

Not too keen on Nick Cave and his opinions of other bands, but is his distaste for Red Hot well documented? Honest question - I'd like to read it if so.

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy turvey View Post
    It seems like Kurt Vile's recent move from the 7th line to the 4th warrants a later set time. Has similar upward mobility of acts in the past resulted in set time changes and if so, how would it correlate to Vile?
    i would put kurt vile where FJM is, FJM to CLoud Nothings Spot, Jeff the Brotherhood to the vacated 1:50-2:30 Gobi slot and slide everything between FJM and Robert Delong down to fill.

then we can parse out new conflicts from there.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by surfacetoair24 View Post
    Not too keen on Nick Cave and his opinions of other bands, but is his distaste for Red Hot well documented? Honest question - I'd like to read it if so.
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...+chili+peppers

Thanks. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    i would put kurt vile where FJM is, FJM to CLoud Nothings Spot, Jeff the Brotherhood to the vacated 1:50-2:30 Gobi slot and slide everything between FJM and Robert Delong down to fill.

then we can parse out new conflicts from there.
    I made the changes except instead of moving FJM-Delong down I started the Mojave at 12:30.

Where's cloud nothings?
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

yeah, cloud nothings are supposed to be between fjm and alex clare

My mistake. I thought something was off.

Everyone... Nick Cave will play on the Outdoor with Grinderman. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will be on the mainstage before RHCP. Nick Cave probably actually thinks it is hilarious he will be playing before RHCP and I am sure he will throw in a couple quick jabs during his set. Please, lets stop talking about which stage Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds will be playing in because it is a nonissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Everyone... Nick Cave will play on the Outdoor with Grinderman. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will be on the mainstage before RHCP. Nick Cave probably actually thinks it is hilarious he will be playing before RHCP and I am sure he will throw in a couple quick jabs during his set. Please, lets stop talking about which stage Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds will be playing in because it is a nonissue.
    I disagree but only time will tell

Please list all the previous second-billed acts that played the outdoor theater.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Please list all the previous second-billed acts that played the outdoor theater.
    Love and Rockets is the only one that I can think of. And if anyone thinks Nick Cave is playing Outdoor, they are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    I disagree but only time will tell
    don't be a dumbass

explain....

Quote Originally Posted by drowningmatt View Post
    Love and Rockets is the only one that I can think of. And if anyone thinks Nick Cave is playing Outdoor, they are wrong.
    Love and Rockets was on the second line, but they were third billed for the day.

People saying Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will play the outdoor is like those people in 09 who said MBV would play the Outdoor.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I would put Raider Klan in the Gobi closing spot. Can't imagine them playing the main stage.
    Last edited by Silence Kid; 03-17-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Love and Rockets was on the second line, but they were third billed for the day.

People saying Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds will play the outdoor is like those people in 09 who said MBV would play the Outdoor.
    You my good friend are wrong. Love and Rockets were the 2nd name behind Roger Waters headlining. MMJ was third on that day.

He's right. If you go by the "3 day" version of the 2008 poster, then Love and Rockets were listed 2nd on Sunday and they ended up playing the Outdoor Theatre. But again, this is a nonissue since Nick Cave is definitely playing the main stage before RHCP come Sunday night(s).

I can't see FJM and Rodriguez overlapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Why is everyone still under the delusion/exercise in wishful thinking that multiple stages will be going until midnight on Sunday?
    With how many acts are on the bill this year, there doesn't seem like many other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushov23 View Post
    You my good friend are wrong. Love and Rockets were the 2nd name behind Roger Waters headlining. MMJ was third on that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    He's right. If you go by the "3 day" version of the 2008 poster, then Love and Rockets were listed 2nd on Sunday and they ended up playing the Outdoor Theatre. But again, this is a nonissue since Nick Cave is definitely playing the main stage before RHCP come Sunday night(s).
    You guys are right. My bad. I thought MMJ was second billed for the day. Either way, Erik is right. Cave and Co. will be mainstage.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence Kid View Post
    I would put Raider Klan in the Gobi closing spot. Can't imagine them playing the main stage.
    Also, I doubt Raider Klan will be on the main as well. Most likely a late night tent act. I wouldn't move Ghost B.C. outta their spot for them though.

Also, I doubt Raider Klan will be on the main as well. Most likely a late night tent act. I wouldn't move Ghost B.C. outta their spot for them though.
    This sound right. So how about moving either Tanlines or The Three-oclock to the Main early, and move Raider Klan to before Ghost B.C.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Do people really think Eric Prydz will only get an hour, while every electronic act on the new stage will get 1.5-2x Prydz set length?