Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HOW STRICT IS CLUB NOKIA?

Lurker

Default HOW STRICT IS CLUB NOKIA?

Hey.

I might go to a show at Club Nokia to see dubstep producer Excision along with support from Vaski and Paper Diamond. The thing is the show is 18+ and I'm 17. I know that Zedd and Nicky Romero recently played there as an 18+ event and I was wondering how strict Club Nokia is on IDs. I am planning to borrow my cousin's ID. How thorough do they check the ID once it's scanned, and what happens if I get caught...? I was actually thinking about bribing the event security $20 let me into the event..
    "God fucking damnit. The year of coachella where I requested all the artists I wanted to see who actually got put on the lineup is the year I'm not able to go. Please fuck me in the ass." -Me

Default Re: HOW STRICT IS CLUB NOKIA?

""I only come to Coachella because I'm not old enough to go to raves." - Me" - You

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by AeroplaneJunkie View Post
    ""I only come to Coachella because I'm not old enough to go to raves." - Me" - You
    Yes, thank you for quoting my signature.
    "God fucking damnit. The year of coachella where I requested all the artists I wanted to see who actually got put on the lineup is the year I'm not able to go. Please fuck me in the ass." -Me

They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

LOL "rave"
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Why don't you grow up and then you can go to concerts.

Lurker

Why do I even bother? Everyone here is an asshole. In the FAQ for the forums it says "One of the most laid-back message boards blah blah" Yeah sure it is.

if the FAQ really says that...dude has a point

theyll most likely just scan it quickly and let you be on your way... if they give you any shit hand them a 20 and you should be good. if a 20 isnt doing it a 50 forsure will
    http://soundcloud.com/laflur

Monthly Promotional Mix Series now available

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    if the FAQ really says that...dude has a point
    Dude has a point about what?

As far as the actual question goes, we don't really know, dude. Very few of us are under 18, or even if we are probably few of us are both under 18 and have tried to get into a show at Club Nokia, and even if some of us have that's no guarantee that you're going to have the same security guard. Get a decent fake that only claims you're 18. You're in fucking LA. It's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I wish they didn't let children like this kid into Coachella, little kids like you are why I cant take my beer out of the beer garden.

I'm 17, but I have never seen anything at Club Nokia that was 18 or 21+ and was worth going to. I've gotten denied at other venues and clubs, but sometimes they let it slide. There is no way to know forsure until you try.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    This

do know if they curtain off a portion of the balcony seating you can take a piss behind it comfortably without security

Just wait until you're old enough...don't cause these venues trouble, you kids already make things more of a hassle than they already need to be. The reason there's so many restrictions in the first place is because you kids abuse your privileges at shows. Just wait...
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by goldfromla View Post
    theyll most likely just scan it quickly and let you be on your way... if they give you any shit hand them a 20 and you should be good. if a 20 isnt doing it a 50 forsure will
    Fuck it, I'm going to deposit a $50 and hope that some pig will let me in if the ID i'm using won't work.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyPrecedent View Post
    Just wait until you're old enough...don't cause these venues trouble, you kids already make things more of a hassle than they already need to be. The reason there's so many restrictions in the first place is because you kids abuse your privileges at shows. Just wait...
    Honestly, as stubborn as I am, I won't wait~ and plus what privileges do I have to abuse? All I'm going to do is just attend the show, not like I'm not gonna bring or take drugs, and or try to purchase alcohol.

i think a lot of people here forget what it's like to be under 18 and wanting to go to a show or event that is 18+ and also back when they were under 18 perhaps they didn't post that question on a sassy public message board to ask.

good luck on your quest!
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

What I used to do is borrow the ID of an 18 year old friend that looked like me. I found (then) that security wasn't anywhere near as strict when checking ID's for 18 year olds. Things may have changed in 20 years though... fucking grey bushed Christ on a bike...
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

VigoTheCarpathian

A 20 or 40 dollar tip to the bouncer never failed at pretty much every club on Sunset but that was 12 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i think a lot of people here forget what it's like to be under 18 and wanting to go to a show or event that is 18+ and also back when they were under 18 perhaps they didn't post that question on a sassy public message board to ask.

good luck on your quest!
    Fortunately don't recall too many 18+ shows when younger. Thank god for the barn, viva las Vegas, showcase theatre, etc., eh?

Had dinner with Fold right down the street from the Showcase location a few weeks ago, was my first time out there in probably 15 years, so many good memories. /nostalgia with pf

You know if the Barn is still standing?

VigoTheCarpathian

Was the barn that place on katella?

No, Barn was at UC Riverside.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post

good luck on your quest!
    Oh, psychic friend, i've heard of you, quite popular on the forums. Anyways thanks, hopefully I wont be "gone for too long."

Quote Originally Posted by matt0947 View Post
    Honestly, as stubborn as I am, I won't wait~ and plus what privileges do I have to abuse? All I'm going to do is just attend the show, not like I'm not gonna bring or take drugs, and or try to purchase alcohol.
    Since you are a minor, you become a larger liability if anything does happen to you, such as a fight where cops have to be called or any injuries.

Best of luck, though. Just keep it cool when you reach the doorman. I don't think you would have much of an issue if you look like your cousin.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Since you are a minor, you become a larger liability if anything does happen to you, such as a fight where cops have to be called or any injuries.

Best of luck, though. Just keep it cool when you reach the doorman. I don't think you would have much of an issue if you look like your cousin.
    Thank you. And also thank you for not being rude.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    do know if they curtain off a portion of the balcony seating you can take a piss behind it comfortably without security
    Lol, I would only do this if I was some inconsiderate bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Fortunately don't recall too many 18+ shows when younger. Thank god for the barn, viva las Vegas, showcase theatre, etc., eh?

Had dinner with Fold right down the street from the Showcase location a few weeks ago, was my first time out there in probably 15 years, so many good memories. /nostalgia with pf

You know if the Barn is still standing?
    So many memories at both the Barn and Showcase. You could climb up the rafters at the Barn... Good times!

Remember when you could go to Rhino Records and pick up a Goldenvoice paper flyer for a whole month worth of shows? Ah the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by matt0947 View Post
    Lol, I would only do this if I was some inconsiderate bastard.
    Admit it is a jacked up thing to do, but you try getting sloppy drunk and not wanting to miss the next song.