Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moby might give Prydz a run for his money...

Default Re: Moby might give Prydz a run for his money...

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveUSC View Post
    The dude is the godfather of progressive house.
    no no no sir. you, my friend, need to go listen to sasha and digweed. prydz is as good as it gets for modern progressive house, but he is not the godfather of this sound.

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    no no no sir. you, my friend, need to go listen to sasha and digweed. prydz is as good as it gets for modern progressive house, but he is not the godfather of this sound.
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by david.sound View Post
    I'm too lazy to scroll up but whoever created this thread obviously doesn't listen to enough EDM. These are two completely different styles. Read a book.
    I created this thread...and if you are too lazy to scroll up to see that then you are also too lazy to scroll up to find the two amazing mixes I posted by both Moby and Prydz which was the point of this thread. No comparison, just directing people to these mixes.

and lol at "read a book"...cuz we all learned everything we know about edm from a book...listen to the mixes, do it while reading a book if you want...but if you havn't heard either mix, stfu.

Nope, he never played Call On Me, and hasn't dropped it in his sets for a LONG time. And probably won't ever again. His sets at Identity SD and the Palladium both included a pjanoo edit, Allein, and a Mirage vs. We Are the People mashup. His performance at the Palladium was the best I've ever witnessed, hands down. GV needs to give him at least an hour and a half set time to even get close to getting the full Prydz experience. Hopefully they give him 2 hours. The dude is the godfather of progressive house.
    Sorry, that would go to Sasha & John Digweed and Evolution on being the godfathers of progressive house.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    I created this thread...and if you are too lazy to scroll up to see that then you are also too lazy to scroll up to find the two amazing mixes I posted by both Moby and Prydz which was the point of this thread. No comparison, just directing people to these mixes.

and lol at "read a book"...cuz we all learned everything we know about edm from a book...listen to the mixes, do it while reading a book if you want...but if you havn't heard either mix, stfu.
    Waaah. Moby sucks. Go suck on a hot one.
    I'd do suprefan.

Waaah. Moby sucks. Go suck on a hot one.
    kewl bra!!!

I'm too lazy to scroll up but whoever created this thread obviously doesn't listen to enough EDM. These are two completely different styles. Read a book.
    Can we now turn this into a "How much do you hate the acronym EDM?" thread? Because I really hate it. The most obvious evidence for not knowing much about electronic music is using the term EDM and lumping the likes of Swedish House Mafia into the same category as the greats. The fact that somebody can call Axwell EDM, and in the same sentence, apply the same label to SMD makes me want to vomit a little. So please shut up, david.sound. You're entirely invalid.

The last time I saw a Moby (DJ Set) it was terrible...All current electro music...I'm pretty sure he even played that stupid Bloody Beetroots song.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnifexlol View Post
    Can we now turn this into a "How much do you hate the acronym EDM?" thread? Because I really hate it. The most obvious evidence for not knowing much about electronic music is using the term EDM and lumping the likes of Swedish House Mafia into the same category as the greats. The fact that somebody can call Axwell EDM, and in the same sentence, apply the same label to SMD makes me want to vomit a little. So please shut up, david.sound. You're entirely invalid.
    You mad, bro?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

EDM is about as literal as it comes lol....or has the term "electronica" come full circle yet? :-P Gonna assume you were drunk when you wrote this, apology excepted.

no bus

damn! its going to be so fucking great to hear some old school techno tunes in the sahara.

Oh shut the fuck up. I listen to a lot more EDM than you'll ever know in a lifetime. Don't categorize me with the same fucktards that listen to SHM. So go fuck yourself, you're a waste of space. Idiot.
    I'd do suprefan.

this thread is absolutely abysmal

also "EDM," just like trap and electro before them, means something else now. Yes, technically it stands for ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC which can mean anything, but no, in real life if someone tells me they listen to EDM I can be reasonably sure they listen to cheesy big room vocal house, just like trap means Bauuer and not Waka Flocka and 20 years ago electro meant a drum machine and a robot voice and now it means Justice. I don't know why you'd ever want to, but attempting to take back "EDM" is a losing battle.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Trick aren't you still like 19 years old?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

The dude is the godfather of progressive house.
    How cute, John Digweed and Sasha say hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    also "EDM," just like trap and electro before them, means something else now. Yes, technically it stands for ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC which can mean anything, but no, in real life if someone tells me they listen to EDM I can be reasonably sure they listen to cheesy big room vocal house, just like trap means Bauuer and not Waka Flocka and 20 years ago electro meant a drum machine and a robot voice and now it means Justice. I don't know why you'd ever want to, but attempting to take back "EDM" is a losing battle.
    +1

It's always nice to immediately be able to tell who knows absolutely nothing about electronic music when they refer to it as "EDM".
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    +1

It's always nice to immediately be able to tell who knows absolutely nothing about electronic music when they refer to it as "EDM".
    That's so funny, like maybe 2 years ago that was a sign that people DID know about electronic music. Using techno or trance as the umbrella term was the giveaway that someone didn't know what they were talking about. What umbrella term would you prefer people use if they dont understand that you are only into tech house or techno or jersey club or whatever
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    That's so funny, like maybe 2 years ago that was a sign that people DID know about electronic music. Using techno or trance as the umbrella term was the giveaway that someone didn't know what they were talking about. What umbrella term would you prefer people use if they dont understand that you are only into tech house or techno or jersey club or whatever
    I'll give it to you, before "EDM" became prevalent I used to hear "techno" as the catch-all... I can't decide which option is worse. But what fucking rock were you living under where people were referring to all electronic music as trance?

To answer your question, I don't even fuck with genres besides post-trap and future ghetto, and occasionally halfway-house. GET WITH THE GAME BRO.
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    I'll give it to you, before "EDM" became prevalent I used to hear "techno" as the catch-all... I can't decide which option is worse. But what fucking rock were you living under where people were referring to all electronic music as trance?

To answer your question, I don't even fuck with genres besides post-trap and future ghetto, and occasionally halfway-house. GET WITH THE GAME BRO.
    Los Angeles hahaha, it was mostly the aged, and mostly in this context "is this what trance dance sounds like?"

I prefer pre-ghetto post-electro sub house tbh but I get where you are coming from
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Maybe if people spent more time listening to electronic music and less time trying to put it into bullshit categories, they would realize that it all fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    Maybe if people spent more time listening to electronic music and less time trying to put it into bullshit categories, they would realize that it all fucking sucks.
    ya like if people spent more time listening to hyphy instead of just making thizz faces and throwing ts up
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Garrett View Post
    He he did at Identity Fest. Call On Me, Pjanoo, Allien. I think he played Mirage too but I'm not sure. He opened with his remix of Personal Jesus and holy shit I hope he plays it at Coachella. That track is massive live
    he didnt play call on me at identity but he played the others.

im hoping he plays a mix of pryda and some of the stuff from his new essential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzzzzup928 View Post
    Is Xanman really big enough to sub?
    Is Motorave going to bring enough special guests with him?
    Is Nathan Fairchild's set going to be less awesome when I reflect back on it in a few months?
    Is Bumblebee's set going to consist of her just reading coachella facts for 50 mins?
    Is Guedita going to sound more like Karin O or Alice Glass?
    Is MJA going to be the first true EDM headliner?
    So many questions...

Oh shut the fuck up. I listen to a lot more EDM than you'll ever know in a lifetime. Don't categorize me with the same fucktards that listen to SHM. So go fuck yourself, you're a waste of space. Idiot.

lol. I bet you do, man. I bet you do. And for the record, I didn't categorize YOU with those fucktards that listen to SHM, I said the term EDM categorized SHM with too much other good shit.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    EDM is about as literal as it comes lol....or has the term "electronica" come full circle yet? :-P Gonna assume you were drunk when you wrote this, apology excepted.
    I'll assume you were drunk when you used "excepted" in the place of "accepted." lol. And all I'm saying is it's an annoyingly generic acronym. Might as well call everything techno. lol

I'll assume you were drunk when you used "excepted" in the place of "accepted." lol. And all I'm saying is it's an annoyingly generic acronym. Might as well call everything techno. lol
    I was.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

All dance music is electronic. The term is fucking stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

VigoTheCarpathian

Come on now

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Los Angeles hahaha, it was mostly the aged, and mostly in this context "is this what trance dance sounds like?"

I prefer pre-ghetto post-electro sub house tbh but I get where you are coming from
    Damn... I thought the Los Angelians were more cultured than that, but old people really do not have anything near what one would call a grasp on electronic music.

Sometimes crack-house and post-apartment are nice, but that's neither here nor there.
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    All dance music is electronic. The term is fucking stupid.
    Not so.

Disco, Funk, Rock, Pop. All have songs that are dance music. (also, all recorded music has an electronic component. the term is descriptive of the style of music)
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

let's discuss the difference between electric and electronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me