Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 22 days away...whats ur story coming in??

Banned

Default 22 days away...whats ur story coming in??

well im kicking back today thinking about how its only 3 weeks away and wanted to ask the question.... how u feeling? for me, well its coming up quick. alot of the fun is the waiting cuz there is so much analyzing of the lineup, downloading the groups and getting into some new bands "of montreal is the one im enjoying now" but its coming up quick and im so fucking excited and pumped. for me its a vacation im taking a week off from work and just enjoying myself id like to know ur story coming into tis festival. for me im 36, work full time married 10 yrs 2 kids who are into a ton of activities, hip hop dance classes, baseball ( i coach the team), girl scouts ( wife runs it), talent shows, gymnastics, basketball, football, etc. alot of daddy and mommy stuff and for us, this is a time i get to go back to my roots: going to concerts and just relaxing and smiling the whole time. people my age look at me like im crazy sometimes but ive always said ill never get old and in my heart, i still feel like that crazy guy in my 20's having so much fun. its still me, i just know how to pace myself and actually enjoy the experiences now. anyways just a friendly rant. would like to hear your story since we are close to the date. take care brothers and sisters!

Default Re: 22 days away...whats ur story coming in??

My story is similar to yours. I'm married, 33, with 2 kids, and I don't get out to concerts anymore except for bands in my "top ten." I'm taking the week off as well, but more to prepare for coachella for the week before (have to get my dogs shots up to date before I board them and getting some doctor visits out of the way). I've been downloading and listening to lots of new music, and I can't wait until the end of April! It's my first year camping, and I hope that works out for us. We don't want to drive around after a long day of walking around and engaging in questionable activities.

edited: this is my 5th year: 99, 04, 05, 06, 07
    Last edited by amyzzz; 04-04-2007 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I'm 21 and in college. This is the first year I get to go since my finals fall a few days before Coachella instead of during or after. I've been trying to get my friends to go with me to a giant music fest like this for a few years, but they are all talk and no action. So this year I took it upon myself to decide I would go no matter what.

I'm starting to feel prepared for the trip though, although its hard to focus on all my class work when I have the excitement of coachella and camping in the back of my mind. I'm excited about the whole concert experience and the drive.

im 18. coming over with a friend and his sister from san diego
    quit my job the day tickets sold out. still in high school but making the most of my life woooo
    my gf is in france making out with a french dude but i dont care. because when she gets back im gonna be like well, coachella's coming. .
    and shes not going
    as predicted by nostradamus

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

almost 19, coming by myself but meeting up with some of my best friends who go to school up north. this'll be my first one and i'm pretty much shaking with anticipation. the wait is killing me.

I'm 25, this is my seventh time going, so it's just another year for me. feeling excited though. looking forward to seeing all my college friends who got out of this city before i could. this will be my last vacation of any kind until I move up to Seattle in August just in time for Bumbershoot, and on a related note, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it next year, so I'm going to enjoy this Coachella as though it were my last.

Smile Re: 22 days away...whats ur story coming in??

<31, a full time worker, and coachella valley local... i look forward to this all year long and can't wait for the festivities to begin... i took an extra day off before & after the festival to prepare myself and to recuperate afterwards... i don't go to concerts much at all but am SO glad to make this an annual tradition... i hope the thursday night hangout materializes and look forward to meeting all you freakos in person...
    -waves-
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

I'm getting more and more butterfiles in my stomach each day. I honestly can still not believe Rage is going to be playing Sunday night.

Other than that, I'm just dying for a change of scenery. Can't wait to be on that camping ground, and in heaven for the next 4 days.

I'm 20, going to school, and doing a bit of web design on the side for money. This'll be my second year going and first time camping. I went last year for Tool and walked out blown away by the festival in general. I decided then that I'd be coming every year regardless of the lineup.

I am 18, go to University and this is my first Coachella.
    I have wanted to go since 2005, but I was in high school and didnt have any money.
    Before the Coachella line up was annouced this year, my girlfriend and I were planning a trip to Europe. Then I heard about the line-up at this years Coachella. I decided I would tell her in hopes we would change our Europe plans. And this was her exact words after I read her the bands, "We HAVE to go. We ARE going!" It was the happiest moment of my life.
    I recently quit my part time job and my last shift is the day before I leave. When I get back I start at a full time job paying MUCH more than my part time job. The money I save up, is going into my Coachella 2008 fund.
    I am expecting this to be the time of my life. I dont mean to get my hopes up too high, but after reading the boards here and looking at pictures, I dont see how it couldnt be.
    I am coming with my girlfriend, a friend from high school, a friend from univserity and one of her friends I have only met once. We are also stoping at Disneyland on the way down. I leave in 19 days... I cannot wait.
    I'll see everyone down there!

Talking Re: 22 days away...whats ur story coming in??

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I'm getting more and more butterfiles in my stomach
    this reminds me of the feeling you get in the pit of your stomache after eating shrooms or dropping some acid....
    it immediately proceeds the trip
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I am 18, go to University and this is my first Coachella.
    I have wanted to go since 2005, but I was in high school and didnt have any money.
    Before the Coachella line up was annouced this year, my girlfriend and I were planning a trip to Europe. Then I heard about the line-up at this years Coachella. I decided I would tell her in hopes we would change our Europe plans. And this was her exact words after I read her the bands, "We HAVE to go. We ARE going!" It was the happiest moment of my life.
    I recently quit my part time job and my last shift is the day before I leave. When I get back I start at a full time job paying MUCH more than my part time job. The money I save up, is going into my Coachella 2008 fund.
    I am expecting this to be the time of my life. I dont mean to get my hopes up too high, but after reading the boards here and looking at pictures, I dont see how it couldnt be.
    I am coming with my girlfriend, a friend from high school, a friend from univserity and one of her friends I have only met once. We are also stoping at Disneyland on the way down. I leave in 19 days... I cannot wait.
    I'll see everyone down there!
    that is so touching

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrackcorn View Post
    this reminds me of the feeling you get in the pit of your stomache after eating shrooms or dropping some acid....
    it immediately proceeds the trip
    Oh Coachella's a trip all right...
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I'm scared as shit.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

have you been before?

Banned

i have to stick to beer and long islands. last time i mixed some of the shrooms i blacked out at a concert (ozzfest 2005) and got 10 stitches by my right eye. girls love it cuz it looks like im a gangster roughass but it was just me so fucked up i fell on the side of my face and my sunglasses shattered into the side by my eyebrow. 10 stiches! my wife still laughs at me! lol funny part is i passed out and fell while sitting down.. dont ask!!! lol

I'm 26, between jobs, and am dying to attend my fourth Coachella. I feel comfortable now with my knowledge and familiarity of the bands playing, but, I'm so not ready. I really need to get cracking on walking/jogging several times a day over the next few weeks to be in better shape for the physical agony that's coming. And I still need a ride to and from the festival. I don't want to have to resort to taking the Greyhound again, because the station is several miles from the festival and no cab is willing to take people there.

Banned

funny u say that. cuz ive done concert security before (did it for 2 yrs) for a 3 day fest im actually doing some workouts to get ready. it may sound crazy, but trust me 3 straight days in 100 heat is a drill so u need to be ready. ive dealt with all day festivals before and my ultimate badge of honor was ozzfest 02 where i dealt with 107 sacramento africa hot heat i the pit! lol. im ready baby!!

26, this will be my 5th one. Getting in the mindset a little more, I am going to start listening to the artists I want to see each day more and more and try and make a gameplan to survive 3 days. I have not been to a 3 day festival since 1999 so I need to see how I will be able to fare. At least I have a week off so I can recover. I also need to get mybody used to drinking a lot of water. Last year my body was thrown for a loop because of the water influx. And one thing is that Coachella shoudl switch to Coke and not Pepsi cause Coke > Pepsi. That reminds me, I need to get my hair cut.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

24, this will be my 7th Coachella. I am terribly excited because this has become more of a spiritual thing for me. It is a time when I can forget about all the problems I have and of all the things I have to do. I am going with my Fiancee (It will be her 3rd) and she is excited too. We are meeting up with her sister and her sister's husband who are driving in from Phoenix. We are flying into Las Vegas to pick up my little brother and sister and drive down from there. It is also special because I moved to Denver back in October of last year and I haven't seen my family since then. This is the longest I have ever been away from my family so it is almost like a get together.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

30, 5th time attending.
    Taking Wed. thru Mon. off. Just now starting to save $, cause I'm lazy and irresponsible. I actually made a daily allowance for myself for the next 3 weeks to make sure I have everything in order. Condo funds? Check. Pre and post party booze and herb stock? Check. Food $? Check. Ride? Check.
    I'm with the people^ about getting in shape. Starting my bike to work regiment tomorrow. The event has never phased me before, but 3 days of this? And the fact that I'm getting older, and Rage does not go on until the 3rd day means massive cardiovascular work is in order. Stupid cigarettes......
    Only thing that gonna suck, is this is the first year w/o my girlfriend of 3 years. We fell in love to Air's set 3 yrs. ago, and she goes every year. Gonna be awkward! Shout out to all the single people!
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

25 year old 6th timer (missed '01 and '04).

Daddy has a 3bdr/3bath vacation house with a jacuzzi in La Quinta, and my brother and I bring friends every year to stay with us.

Last year was crowded with 19 people. One guy slept on the mantle of the fireplace. This year I accidentally invited too many. Final count: 26.

It would have been much less, because when tickets sold out, my friends hadn't gotten it together yet. When they went back on sale at the Glasshouse I picked up a bunch of 3 day passes and told friends they could pay me back by Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by joebizz View Post
    Only thing that gonna suck, is this is the first year w/o my girlfriend of 3 years. We fell in love to Air's set 3 yrs. ago, and she goes every year. Gonna be awkward! Shout out to all the single people!
    thanks for reminding me of the possibilities of scoring durin air's set!
    completely forgot about that woo

about six months ago i wrote my dream lineup for coachella. as a headliner, i listed "rage (reunion... totally dreaming here). i can't believe it is actually coming true.

i just recently turned 29, i'm married and my wife is expecting our first...sadly in some realms deep down inside me, i'm secretly more excited for coachella to come this year... ;-)

my friends and i (4 of us solid, with some rotating newbies) have been to the last 3 coachella's and i don't think i've ever been closer to a group of people ever (minus the awesome wife)...coachella is truly a place to make deeper connections with those you love than i ever thought possible

the first year we came was an awesome year considering the 'newness' of it all, the second was fine but not nearly as good as the first, but then the third time arrived and WOW......not only was the lineup and weather insanely good last year but we became some of the luckiest coachella goers around...

the year prior, my dad had bought a retirement pad near palm springs which he mentioned as a place to stay for my yearly trip...as it turned out - he bought a place right next to the polo grounds!!! we're only about a 30-45 min walk, door-to-door, each night we get to walk home to a pool/hot tub, along with a fridge full of beers and food - it is simply amazing....that, combined with a few other bonus' make the end of april the most amazing time of the year for me
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

i am jack's pure envy

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    thanks for reminding me of the possibilities of scoring durin air's set!
    completely forgot about that woo
    Worked for me! 2nd times a charm!
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

I'm 19 turning 20 a week after coachella. I went last year for my first time after one of my best friends went in 2004 and talked about how awesome it was. We awaited the lineup for 2005 and unfortunately weren't too impressed, but last year when daft punk was added, it was like falling in love for the first tie. It was a dream come true and we had lost minds just thinking about seeing them. It was a magical experience for us and we look forward to doing it again.This year's lineup initially excited me, but I became a little disappointed that no additions look like are going to be made. Even worse was that situation occured possibly preventing me from going due to hospitalization, but we postponed th surgery and im excited as hell to go.

i'm gonna be tiiiiiiiiiiired on friday. have to VJ thursday night for my 5 year club anniversary and then hit the air soon after to arrive in Palm Springs by 1130!

i'm so excited but i know i will sleep soundly that night

ever since i made the decision to move up to washington from arizona a few months ago, it's been like an eternity. i would have moved months ago if it weren't for coachella. i hate my job, and where i live, but sticking it out for coachella will make the wait worth it. in just three weeks i will begin living what will possibly be the best two weeks of my life. i'll have my last day of my boring job on the 25th, coachella camping and festival for four days, five days of doing whatever i can think to do in this town, then, a four day roadtrip to washington with one of my best friends. we're making stops in las vegas, reno, and san francisco on the way to seattle. best two weeks of my life.
    I'm a loner Dottie, a rebel.