Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Sigur Ros will be closing the main and you're all going to shit your pants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    With or without rocket boots?

Quote Originally Posted by oddlyenough View Post
    Sigur Ros will be closing the main and you're all going to shit your pants.
    I initially disregarded this idea, since there's no recent precedent where a non-EDM act closed the stage after the ostensible headliner. But after some thought, I think this would be a bold move by GV. Seeing Sigur Ros close the equivalent of the Outdoor stage at OutsideLands has been the highlight of my concert-going experience this year. Why the hell not give them the pitch-black surroundings of midnight and make the Polo Fields feel the blissful levity? What's stopping GV?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Good find.

In regards to darkness and Sigur Ros, this was the beginning of Leonard Cohen's set in 2009 (scheduled to start at 7:30 but was a little late):

Dark enough or no?
    I just got back from their show. If they want to do the opening they're doing on the tour this is the absolute earlieat(in terms of darkness)they could go on.

Sunset changes +15 minutes each week into april. Not sure what the date of the Cohen show was.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    I initially disregarded this idea, since there's no recent precedent where a non-EDM act closed the stage after the ostensible headliner. But after some thought, I think this would be a bold move by GV. Seeing Sigur Ros close the equivalent of the Outdoor stage at OutsideLands has been the highlight of my concert-going experience this year. Why the hell not give them the pitch-black surroundings of midnight and make the Polo Fields feel the blissful levity? What's stopping GV?

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I guess that's why I added 'recent' in there. Apologies, I should have qualified my flippant use of the word by meaning the last 5 years or so. While 2005 is relatively recent, a lot has changed since then; for example, Coldplay headlined and Weezer was a sub (not sure if those would fly over so well with the general disposition of this board).

Point being, in the past five years, there have been three EDM closers (Tiesto in 07 and 10, Chemical Brothers in 11, and Swedish House Mafia in 12). 08 and 09 were the only years where the actual billed headliners headlined the festival. In any case, I think it'd be great if Sigur Ros closed that night.

but butt ifz sigurz ros playz ze mainstage afterz ze phoenix zen vwat about ze daft punkz?

So I think I have come around to the idea of Sigur Ros closing the main stage

Main
    Sigur Ros 12
    Phoenix 10:10-11:30
    The xx 8:55-9:45
    The Postal Service 7:40-8:30
    Franz 6:25-7:15

Outdoor
    New Order 11:30-12:40
    Cafe Tacuba 9:50-10:40
    Hot Chip 8:30-9:20
    Grizzly Bear 6:50-7:40

Thoughts?
    Last edited by concertgoer; 04-02-2013 at 06:36 AM.

My thoughts are that I'll be asleep by 11 if those are actually the times.

Quote Originally Posted by SP The Ghost View Post
    My thoughts are that I'll be asleep by 11 if those are actually the times.
    there are three other stages you nitwit.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    but butt ifz sigurz ros playz ze mainstage afterz ze phoenix zen vwat about ze daft punkz?
    Friday

I hope Sigur Ros doesn't play that late, they are a must see set for me and I usually prefer to leave before midnight so that I can get to my hotel and crash. If they're on that late, I'll be there that late, but it'd be nice if they were earlier.

What is the likelihood of Windish Agency releasing some of their artist's set times prior to next week? I know it happened last year and it helped out a bit - is this a recurrence each year? I NEED to know Simian's set time, damnit.

i really hope the sigu rros/phoenix/puscifer conflict isnt as bad as it looks.

has the op chart been updated in a while? i thought the "new stage" didnt turn out to be a stage?

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post

Main
    Sigur Ros 12

Outdoor

Thoughts?
    Personally, for me at least, having sigur ros close the main works out much better for what i want to see (my fiancee wants to see phoenix, i don't want to miss richie hawtin and I have a feeling he will be playing the last hour to 2 hours)!!

I can't see that happening. But what the fuck do I know right
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    I hope Sigur Ros doesn't play that late, they are a must see set for me and I usually prefer to leave before midnight so that I can get to my hotel and crash. If they're on that late, I'll be there that late, but it'd be nice if they were earlier.
    Christ, really? It's Coachella, stop being such a Milquetoast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbeckett View Post
    You are doing it wrong if you leave Coachella early.

He's got to get to his hotel maaaaan.

Whatever, I'm in my late 20's but I have the soul of an old man, I get tired easily and prefer to get to my hotel before 4 AM.

No Sigur Ros/New Order conflict!
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    I guess that's why I added 'recent' in there. Apologies, I should have qualified my flippant use of the word by meaning the last 5 years or so. While 2005 is relatively recent, a lot has changed since then; for example, Coldplay headlined and Weezer was a sub (not sure if those would fly over so well with the general disposition of this board).

Point being, in the past five years, there have been three EDM closers (Tiesto in 07 and 10, Chemical Brothers in 11, and Swedish House Mafia in 12). 08 and 09 were the only years where the actual billed headliners headlined the festival. In any case, I think it'd be great if Sigur Ros closed that night.
    I got what you meant, just posted the only instance of this happening that I can see. You were right.

Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post

Main
    Sigur Ros 12

Outdoor

Thoughts?
    I like this. Need to know what Sahara would be though -- i.e. SMD and Booka Shade
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

As incredibly excited as I would to see some sort of Postal Service > Phoenix > Sigur Ros on the Main Stage, where did all this come from. Somebody said Spooks talked to roadies about it... but why would roadies know about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    $7 beer will be back, but as $8 beer.

I'm slightly confused by the talk of the new stage. The collateral they included with the wristbands detailing the line up and stages mentioned nothing of a new stage. I'm aware of the plans they released to Indio of expanding the grounds but is there any chance that will take place next year? Or is this just a play to keep it a surprise/secret?

Quote Originally Posted by idb1204 View Post
    As incredibly excited as I would to see some sort of Postal Service > Phoenix > Sigur Ros on the Main Stage, where did all this come from. Somebody said Spooks talked to roadies about it... but why would roadies know about this?
    YEAH! WHY WOULD A ROADIE KNOW WHAT TIME HE HAS TO SHOW UP FOR WORK, AND AT WHAT LOCATION

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    YEAH! WHY WOULD A ROADIE KNOW WHAT TIME HE HAS TO SHOW UP FOR WORK, AND AT WHAT LOCATION
    No no man, you've got the process all wrong. Roadies show up beforehand at a random warehouse somewhere, that's the only time and location they know. They are then blindfolded and driven in an unmarked van to the correct stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemz View Post
    I'm slightly confused by the talk of the new stage. The collateral they included with the wristbands detailing the line up and stages mentioned nothing of a new stage. I'm aware of the plans they released to Indio of expanding the grounds but is there any chance that will take place next year? Or is this just a play to keep it a surprise/secret?
    Apparently it's going to be a smaller DJ tent.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Put Sigur Ros after Phoenix. Seriously.

The "headliner or a DJ plays last" rule has been broken once before at Coachella(Blackstar over NIN) and a couple times at Sasquatch and other festivals(Massiave Attack played over someone). Also the NIN/JA tour. Jimi Hendrix didn't go on last at the Isle of Wight festival in 1970, Leonard Cohen had the slot.

75m for SR and 90m for Phoenix.
    I suggested Sigor Ros closing the main stage 2 months ago. Super ballsy move but one few can argue.

Date stamp is Feb 5th 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chemz View Post
    According to a quote (that I don't feel like tracking down) from Jason Bently it is going to be hardwood floor and air conditioned and dedicated to the lost art of DJing...

Upcoming shows
    Events

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I suggested Sigor Ros closing the main stage 2 months ago. Super ballsy move but one few can argue.

Date stamp is Feb 5th 2013
    *COUGH*

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2647596

*COUGH*

Upcoming shows
    Events