Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

your logic is beyond solid as to why vintage trouble won't be on the main stage

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    Toss Moby in the Sahara. I'm thinking you switch Ben Howard with the Selecter. Seems like a better spot for both of them..also The specials and madness were both outdoors
    You dolt. The Specials were main stage and The Selecter never ever received even a quarter of the international attention that The Specials or Madness received. Stop typing before you hurt yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    You dolt. The Specials were main stage and The Selecter never ever received even a quarter of the international attention that The Specials or Madness received. Stop typing before you hurt yourself.
    read again dumbass. I didn't say they both played the outdoor theater. Didn't know you had to be insanely popular to play early afternoon on the outdoor theater. Ha, this is coming from the guy who thinks Benassi might be in the new tent. Your sentences are now deemed "bullshit"

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy turvey View Post
    SMD and Major Lazer switching places and putting Moby in the Sahara:

Do you really think there will only be 25 minutes between main stage sets?

read again dumbass. I didn't say they both played the outdoor theater. Didn't know you had to be insanely popular to play early afternoon on the outdoor theater. Ha, this is coming from the guy who thinks Benassi might be in the new tent. Your sentences are now deemed "bullshit"
    I didn't say Benassi will be in the new tent. I suggested it as a possibility. Moby is a bigger artist that Benassi, so if Moby could play it, why not Benassi. Also, please, tell me how you know how large or small this new tent will be?

Also, read your quote again. I believe your exact words were "also The specials and madness were both outdoors." Therefore your argument as to why The Selecter will play the Outdoor is invalid. Who knows. Maybe The Selecter will play the outdoor. It is definitely possible. But your argument as to why The Selecter will play the Outdoor is dumb.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaDan View Post
    Par for the course.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I didn't say Benassi will be in the new tent. I suggested it as a possibility. Moby is a bigger artist that Benassi, so if Moby could play it, why not Benassi. Also, please, tell me how you know how large or small this new tent will be?

Also, read your quote again. I believe your exact words were "also The specials and madness were both outdoors." Therefore your argument as to why The Selecter will play the Outdoor is invalid. Who knows. Maybe The Selecter will play the outdoor. It is definitely possible. But your argument as to why The Selecter will play the Outdoor is dumb.
    Moby can't and won't play it either

The Two Bears won't be playing that late in the day

But Moby can't play it. Neither Moby or Benassi will play the new tent. Not even remotely going to happen.

As for size, the new tent will be small. Almost certainly the smallest tent at the festival. The reports indicate it is air conditioned. To air condition a tent the size of even the Gobi would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention there is no need to fit more than a couple thousand people if they are going up against the 15,000 person EDM behemoth that is the Sahara tent. Can you imagine, say, Cassy playing a 6,000-8,000 person tent (which is still probably too small for both Benassi or Moby) while the Sahara is going full gear with somebody like Pretty Lights or Dog Blood? It would be empty.

Wood floors, disco balls, air conditioning, and minimal house DJs suggest a very small, intimate environment, that neither Benassi nor Moby will be a part of. They are the 2nd and 3rd highest billed "Sahara" acts on their day, let's be realistic here.

Then surely Richie Hawtin is too big for this new tent, isn't he? Or is the assumption that Knife Party closing the Sahara and Phoenix closing the mainstage will result in a crowd for Richie Hawtin that will fill this new tent, but not to capacity?

Also, until the line up was released I had no idea Benassi was still popular. I know in Vancouver a few years ago he was filling venues of around 7,000-8,000 people, where as last year he played a club that holds 500.

Then surely Richie Hawtin is too big for this new tent, isn't he? Or is the assumption that Knife Party closing the Sahara and Phoenix closing the mainstage will result in a crowd for Richie Hawtin that will fill this new tent, but not to capacity?

Also, until the line up was released I had no idea Benassi was still popular. I know in Vancouver a few years ago he was filling venues of around 7,000-8,000 people, where as last year he played a club that holds 500.
    I would think so, although if any of the big names ends up in the tent it'll be him. I think your Knife Party/Phoenix/Hawtin theory could make sense. Or maybe Hawtin could close the Sahara against Phoenix, particularly if you shoot somebody like Major Lazer to another tent (since he played the Mojave before), or maybe even Simian. That way you'd have the Knife Party/Benassi block going against the XX/Postal Service. Not too much overlap there. And then Hawtin to close it out while all the Knife Party fans wait in vain for Daft Punk to show up at Phoenix. There just might not be room outside of the Sahara for them. This day is just silly crowded...

I think we want the new tent to be segregated by taste level, but I think in reality the bigger 5-6 names on any given day are Sahara.

The Spiritualized/New Order conflict is heartbreaking. The Postal Service has one album and one hit, compared to one of the most popular bands of the 90s. I would switch New Order and Postal Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    The Spiritualized/New Order conflict is heartbreaking. The Postal Service has one album and one hit, compared to one of the most popular bands of the 90s. I would switch New Order and Postal Service.
    One of the few consistently predictable rules in Coachella scheduling is that the top three billed names will play in reverse order on the main. On a ridiculously overstacked day, Postal Service --> the XX --> Phoenix is the one thing we can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaDan View Post
    That's what it normally is.

Yea, Hawtin is a bit of a wildcard. If he does play the new tent, then he'll most likeley have to play against the Sahara Headliner and Phoenix. This tent sounds like it might be too small for him if the crowd isn't thinned out

Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    your logic is beyond solid as to why vintage trouble won't be on the main stage
    When did I say they wouldn't play the main stage shiner? I'm just saying they suck balls.

so cuz they suck it's hard to justify them being on the main stage?

also fwiw suedehead played the outdoor early last year too..the specials and madness weren't the only ska acts that were outside from recent years

and albeit the aquabats have a different sound, they played mojave at night so it's not like every ska band has to play on an outside stage

I really doubt that Knife Party would play for 1:45.

2 reasons:

1) Who could honestly listen to that crap for longer than 1 hour

2) The attention span of their audience is no more than 3 seconds ( I like to call them "the Goldfish") so a 1hr and 45 minute set seems way too long.

I really hope some of those predictions are wrong there's way too many clashes in there.

Yea, Hawtin is a bit of a wildcard. If he does play the new tent, then he'll most likeley have to play against the Sahara Headliner and Phoenix. This tent sounds like it might be too small for him if the crowd isn't thinned out
    I think you are overestimating the popularity of Hawtin in this day and age of Coachella. The majority of goers are not familiar with him, let alone heard his name before the lineup came out. If he is in the Sahara I will surprised.
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

richie in a new stage around the size of 2010 gobi sounds great to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpie View Post
    I think you are overestimating the popularity of Hawtin in this day and age of Coachella. The majority of goers are not familiar with him, let alone heard his name before the lineup came out. If he is in the Sahara I will surprised.
    I'm hoping this is the case. It'd be badass to see him in a smaller space

Quote Originally Posted by svenflauge View Post
    I really doubt that Knife Party would play for 1:45.

2 reasons:

1) Who could honestly listen to that crap for longer than 1 hour

2) The attention span of their audience is no more than 3 seconds ( I like to call them "the Goldfish") so a 1hr and 45 minute set seems way too long.

I really hope some of those predictions are wrong there's way too many clashes in there.
    The times are all fucked up here. No way knife party plays longer than 75 minutes. Here is something more probable (If anything is wrong here, itd be simian mobile disco. I can easily see them closing the mojave)

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post

Knife Party 11:50-close
    Benny Benassi 10:20-11:35
    Moby 8:50-10:05
    Simian Mobile Disco 7:25-8:35
    Fedde Le Grand 6:20-7:10
    Major Lazer 5:20-6:10
    Bingo Players 4:10-5:00
    Kill The Noise 3:00-3:50
    Baauer 2:00- 2:50
    Huorartron 1:00-1:50
    8 Ball MTY 12:00-12:50

fuck.
    grizzly bear vs SMD
    kinda XX Hot Chip
    Booka Shade and PHoneix (

That's your opinions, but I think the trends are slowly shifting...as they always are. All the kids that have fallen in love with edm over the past 2-3 years have either one, kept listening to the same candy kid crap or 2, taken they're new love for edm and expanded they're tastes. I think coachella this year represents that change in the trend of edm. They've brought out a lot of more technical DJs. I think its bad ass. Coachella is looking forward....a lot of festivals will be bankrupting in the next few years because a lot of them are getting into the game too late. the trend will change as they will stay the same. there's to much saturation in the market place now.

Coachella isn't doing anything new this year. 50% of this years bands have played Coachella before. The only thing different this year is that they stopped giving a fuck about who headlines

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    That's your opinions, but I think the trends are slowly shifting...as they always are. All the kids that have fallen in love with edm over the past 2-3 years have either one, kept listening to the same candy kid crap or 2, taken they're new love for edm and expanded they're tastes. I think coachella this year represents that change in the trend of edm. They've brought out a lot of more technical DJs. I think its bad ass. Coachella is looking forward....a lot of festivals will be bankrupting in the next few years because a lot of them are getting into the game too late. the trend will change as they will stay the same. there's to much saturation in the market place now.
    First, learn how to type. Just had to get that out of the way.
    Second, Coachella may have brought more "technical DJs" this year, but there is still a large amount of Insomniac based EDM music, like Knife Party, Hardwell, Wolfgang G, etc present. If there is this apparent shifting of the trends, then why do EDM festivals like EDC have Hawtin on smaller stages drawing a much smaller crowd then SHM? Because that is the trend right now. A crowd isn't going to magically appear at Hawtin's set because Coachella booked him.
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

First, learn how to type. Just had to get that out of the way.
    Second, Coachella may have brought more "technical DJs" this year, but there is still a large amount of Insomniac based EDM music, like Knife Party, Hardwell, Wolfgang G, etc present. If there is this apparent shifting of the trends, then why do EDM festivals like EDC have Hawtin on smaller stages drawing a much smaller crowd then SHM? Because that is the trend right now. A crowd isn't going to magically appear at Hawtin's set because Coachella booked him.
    People's tastes change and trends move faster than they ever have. Probably due to the internet. What in the heck do you think happened to hair metal then grunge, etc. the bubble will burst soon my friend.

I think you'll be surprised in the coming ears. Coachella isn't an edm only festival

coming ears.
    hot
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I'd think SMD is definitely out of the Sahara and in the Mojave with the addition of Been Trill (trap) who will likely have an early Sahara spot.

People's tastes change and trends move faster than they ever have. Probably due to the internet. What in the heck do you think happened to hair metal then grunge, etc. the bubble will burst soon my friend.

I think you'll be surprised in the coming ears. Coachella isn't an edm only festival
    People's taste does change, but in this case it has changed to trap music and not minimal techno. More people will show up for Baauer than for Hawtin.