Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Benny Benassi could play close the main stage while an act like Knife party or Moby plays in the Sahara. He has the fan base to do it. It's a similar scenario to when Tiesto closed main and 2manyDJ's closed the Sahara. Two dance music acts with different crowds.

i still say some of the live acts we currently have in the Sahara will have to play else where to make room for Richie especially if Major Lazer ends up in the Sahara, which i don't think they will. Major Lazer for a day time Outdoor set or nighttime Mojave set.

I will bet you any amount of money Benny Bennasi doesn't play on the main stage. I'll also add to that bet that Major Lazer won't be a day time outdoor set wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Know who doesn't know who the fuck Richie Hawtin is? The new Sahara population. I think they are going for something completely different this year with the new tent, and Richie will be in it..

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

yep i think so too

I tweaked things in the clashfinder so the sahara looks more like it did in 2012:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Troll

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Know who doesn't know who the fuck Richie Hawtin is? The new Sahara population. I think they are going for something completely different this year with the new tent, and Richie will be in it..
    I don't know who a "new Sahara population" is but I don't know Richie Hawtin. I do know the Sahara isn't as bangin this year as last year but last year was pretty epic IMO.

Bangin. Not nearly as bangin.

Why not just switch Major Lazer with either Booka Shade or SMD. Both those are more like the Mojave closers last year and on Sunday 2011 than Major Lazer is. I think Booka Shade would work well there.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    Why not just switch Major Lazer with either Booka Shade or SMD. Both those are more like the Mojave closers last year and on Sunday 2011 than Major Lazer is. I think Booka Shade would work well there.
    I would like this to happen very much so. Was thinking probably Booka Shade switches with Major Lazer
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSweat View Post
    I don't know who a "new Sahara population" is but I don't know Richie Hawtin. I do know the Sahara isn't as bangin this year as last year but last year was pretty epic IMO.
    And scene.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I agree with this. I think Booka will be in the Mojave to close the night

yuuup

Moby won't be in the new tent

Saturday update with shorter Sahara set times and a few other switches. What's the consensus on Moby? I've seen a few posts regarding his exclusion from the New Tent, but no ideas on where he should go.

Also, that The Evens, Grizzly Bear & Bat for Lashes conflict is dildoes.

The evens I do not think will go on after five. I would switch them with biffy clyro since coachella loves its big brits that dont do well over here. Also for the moby topic i think you could put birdy nam nam in the new tent they are three turntablists who i think would fit really well. At hard i saw them in the discotheque which the new stage sounds like a very simliar stage

moby should be in the sahara

and i don't think that two of the top three billed edm acts for that day will conflict either fwiw

Also i heard a rumor that instead of adding artsits this year they are just going to start kicking some off since there is toooooooo many fucking bands geez

you have to be missing a lot of brain cells to believe that

Toss Moby in the Sahara. I'm thinking you switch Ben Howard with the Selecter. Seems like a better spot for both of them..also The specials and madness were both outdoors

Is there a reason everyone is putting The 2 Bears in the new stage? Is this going to be a DJ set? I had figured they'd be in the Mojave early in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by PulpAffliction View Post
    Is there a reason everyone is putting The 2 Bears in the new stage? Is this going to be a DJ set? I had figured they'd be in the Mojave early in the day.
    We have em in the New Tent because there are few acts Saturday that seem to fit the tents description (provided by Jason Bentley)
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Why...wouldn't it be a DJ set?

Quote Originally Posted by gillster17 View Post
    The evens I do not think will go on after five. I would switch them with biffy clyro since coachella loves its big brits that dont do well over here. Also for the moby topic i think you could put birdy nam nam in the new tent they are three turntablists who i think would fit really well. At hard i saw them in the discotheque which the new stage sounds like a very simliar stage
    I can get behind the Evens/Clyro switch.

As far as The Sahara and New Stage are concerned. If Birdy takes The 2 Bears slot and everyone else moves up respectively what time would that put Moby in the Sahara? Below is how it would look with the Birdy switch and all other acts moving down without Moby present. How do you see the final three in the Sahara go down, order and time wise?

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    Toss Moby in the Sahara. I'm thinking you switch Ben Howard with the Selecter. Seems like a better spot for both of them..also The specials and madness were both outdoors
    I was actually considering The Selecter on the Outdoor for the very reasons you bring up, but do you think they would have as big of a pull as The Specials and Madness did? I realize they were an important band from the two tone revival era, but I wonder if Americans who never got into two tone would have the same exposure that they did with The Specials and Madness (Message to You Rudy/Our House got major radio station play whereas I don't think anything from The Selecter ever did). I don't really know much about Ben Howard and his popularity though. I just listened to 3 songs on Spotify and that was enough for me.

No way does Simian play that early. They will play later than Major Lazer (if they're both in the Sahara). Putting the 2 Bears on that late seems a little iffy, too. Remember, Joe is pulling double duty, and we still don't know if it's a DJ set. He could very well be singing with Raf. In re: to the Sahara -
    Knife Party - 11:15-1
    Benny Benassi - 9:35 - 10:50
    Moby - 8 - 9:25
    SMD - 7 - 7:55

SMD and Major Lazer switching places and putting Moby in the Sahara:

Last edited by autopsy turvey; 03-15-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Why not switch Yeasayer and Spiritualized? Yeasayer has become pretty popular and probably have more fan overlap with the Postal Service than Spiritualized does. It would also help alleviate the clusterfuck that is 7-9

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy turvey View Post
    As far as The Sahara and New Stage are concerned. If Birdy takes The 2 Bears slot and everyone else moves up respectively what time would that put Moby in the Sahara?
    birdy is gonna be in the sahara for reasons expressed earlier in this thread imo

I was actually considering The Selecter on the Outdoor for the very reasons you bring up, but do you think they would have as big of a pull as The Specials and Madness did? I realize they were an important band from the two tone revival era, but I wonder if Americans who never got into two tone would have the same exposure that they did with The Specials and Madness (Message to You Rudy/Our House got major radio station play whereas I don't think anything from The Selecter ever did). I don't really know much about Ben Howard and his popularity though. I just listened to 3 songs on Spotify and that was enough for me.
    i think The Selecter will be in a tent for the reasons you have them there

Vintage Trouble are terrible, it would be hard to justify them being on the main stage even if its the opening set.

I think the Selecter will play early outdoors for the reasons you stated