Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

im thinking new order and hot chip should be switched. Or new order closing the outdoor and sigur ros opens for them

I dont think Two Door Cinema Club will be on the main. Mojave or Outdoor later in the day sounds about right.

Yeah, Mojave makes sense. Switch them and Dropkick Murphys, fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy turvey View Post
    This is pretty sexy:

looks great. Out of my own personal interest, I'd rather see simian at 8 and booka at 7 but oh well...

two door on the main makes sense to me, i don't see the problem you all have. Its better to have a half way decent act playing the main earlier so theres less conflicts

edit. Whats with the sahara set times? Knife party playing to only 12:30? Benassi getting almost 2 hours while simian plays for only 50 minutes?

The Sahara is also a pretty big stage, so I find it hard to believe that the three biggest names will be knife party benassi and simian. Moby will most likely play the sahara for the "draw" even though I wish he would play a club dj set on the new stage.

I would make these changes...

Knife Party 11:45-close
    Benny Benassi 10:30-11:45
    Moby 9:00-10:30
    Simian Mobile Disco 7:45-9:00
    Fedde Le Grand 6:30-7:30
    Bingo Players 5:30-6:30
    Kill the Noise 4:15-5:15
    Baauer 3:20-4:10
    Birdy Nam Nam 2:15-3:10
    Huorartron 1:00-2:00
    8 Ball MTY 12:00-12:50
    Last edited by WhatLies; 03-08-2013 at 12:11 AM.

I agree that Hot Chip and Sigur Ros should swap slots. Sigur Ros makes much more sense as an outdoor closer against Phoenix then either New Order or Hot Chip.

What about puscifer or cafe tacvba to go against phoenix?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Would you move Hot Chip to The Mojave then?
    That would still leave Sigur Ros vs The xx which doesn't seem likely to me

major lazer in the gobi .......lol

Beings that SMD and Booka Shade play live and it doesnt just say DJ set wouldnt their be more time in between sets then 10 minutes? I could be wrong but it seems like not ennough time to switch over with all the production ?

No way Moby plays on that new stage

The Grizzly Bear, Bat for Lashes, New Order, Spiritualized clusterfuck is absolutely brutal

Also there is no way Major Lazer is in the Gobi. Lets be realistic

-Major Lazer will not be in the Gobi - with their crew that usually rolls, would think they would be a lock for Sahara. SMD, on the other hand, could work in the Gobi later on - I would say they are more niche-y than people think. Could see them doing something a la Nosaj Thing back in 2011 (later in the night set for visuals/live set-up).
    -Would be surprised if the Evens are that late (seems like there would be a ton of better options at that time, not sure they would draw as well).

Quote Originally Posted by patsfan5454 View Post
    Beings that SMD and Booka Shade play live and it doesnt just say DJ set wouldnt their be more time in between sets then 10 minutes? I could be wrong but it seems like not ennough time to switch over with all the production ?
    Good point. Made a few changes:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by wompwomp View Post
    No way Moby plays on that new stage
    While you are likely correct, I am not ruling it out. With the little details we know, they want DJ's in there, not producers with pre-programmed shows. What we don't know for sure, is how big the stage will be. Chances are that it will be small in comparison to the other stages, but we don't know that much info.

I also wonder if Moby could potentially play the main stage after Phoenix. That seems more plausible than playing the new stage.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I highly doubt that Booka Shade and SMD will be in the Sahara. If they are on after the sun goes down (and they damn well better be) they will either be new tent or Mojave. Their following just isn't as big in America.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    We've found it. We've found the worst post on the internet.

The problem with not having Booka Shade or SMD in the Sahara is that every other stage seems packed already, with the exception of the new stage. But are they "fits" for the new stage? From what we've learned so far, it doesn't seem like it.

Or, they could start the music in the Gobi and/ or Mojave at 11:20 and perhaps that would open up enough time to put one of them over in the Mojave and the other in the Gobi? I really don't see where else they fit other than the Sahara.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 03-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.

I think they fit far more than Moby. Realistically, if you move him to Sahara it opens up the new tent for them. I highly doubt 2 bears, Zane Lowe and Jason Bentley get a full two hours which would also help with the set up/take down of their live gear.

I do see what you mean with space being an issue everywhere else, though. Really scared to see where they land.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegleberry View Post
    I think they fit far more than Moby. Realistically, if you move him to Sahara it opens up the new tent for them. I highly doubt 2 bears, Zane Lowe and Jason Bentley get a full two hours which would also help with the set up/take down of their live gear.

I do see what you mean with space being an issue everywhere else, though. Really scared to see where they land.
    You could be right, but Bentley's quote from the article where he talked about the new stage made it seem like it's catering to DJ's and not live acts. Maybe they do throw a live act or two in there, but the way it was described made it sound like it wouldn't be designed for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    While you are likely correct, I am not ruling it out. With the little details we know, they want DJ's in there, not producers with pre-programmed shows. What we don't know for sure, is how big the stage will be. Chances are that it will be small in comparison to the other stages, but we don't know that much info.

I also wonder if Moby could potentially play the main stage after Phoenix. That seems more plausible than playing the new stage.
    THIS. Chances of it actually happening are slim to none but phoenix -> moby would make for one helluva party

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Good point. Made a few changes:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    Sometimes I really wonder how you dickheads have been going to Coachella for as many years as you have and you're still so dumb about this.

Okay guys, let's revisit the way they do things like every fucking year: you should not have two acts playing 1.5 hour sets in Sahara. Why? Because it never fucking happens. Everybody plays about a 50, 55 minute, maybe one hour set, and then one act gets 1.5 or 2 hours. Just fucking one.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Good point. I was just looking over the times for the Sahara for the last two years and they are very different.
    http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2...announced.html
    http://prettymuchamazing.com/uncateg...2012-set-times

Shall we make them more like 2012 (only 10 acts per day, short sets, 20-40 minutes of scheduled downtime between all)?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Or, they could start the music in the Gobi and/ or Mojave at 11:20 and perhaps that would open up enough time to put one of them over in the Mojave and the other in the Gobi? I really don't see where else they fit other than the Sahara.
    Last year on Saturday, Outdoor and Gobi started at 11:40 and Mojave and Sahara started at 11:25. Albeit, mainly it was last minute adds opening those stages, but I don't think we should plan these predictions based on having last minute adds again.

2 Chainz in a tent at night is wishful thinking. A$AP Rocky has hits now, but last April he was still an underground act. Let's take a look at where up and coming mainstream rappers have been placed the past few years...

2010 - B.o.B. and Wale, both played main in the day
    2011 - Wiz Khalifa, main in the day
    2012 - Childish Gambino and Kendrick, main in the day

The easy way to do this would be to put 2 Chainz about where Janelle Monae is, because she can easily be somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Good point. I was just looking over the times for the Sahara for the last two years and they are very different.
    http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2...announced.html
    http://prettymuchamazing.com/uncateg...2012-set-times

Shall we make them more like 2012 (only 10 acts per day, short sets, 20-40 minutes of scheduled downtime between all)?
    Model it after 2011 since both had 60 acts per day. Ignore slim wang he doesn know what he's talking about.In 2011 everyone was getting 75 minute sets in the Sahara not 50

What about putting Benassi in the new tent?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Never Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Deegleberry View Post
    Never Ever.
    Right. Sorry. Because we all know so much about this new tent and who is, and isn't going to end up in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I'll bet you any amount of money that benny bennasi wont be in the new tent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Simply for the fact that the new tent will have air conditioning, one can assume it is going to be smaller than the current Gobi. There is no way they will put the second highest billed DJ in there.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Is this a serious? This guy fills up the sahara. The only way it happens is if the new tent is the size of the Sahara. Other than that, it will not happen.