Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 872

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

  1. #301
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Booka Shade will play for an hour and I'd imagine it will be a Sahara / Mojave set. Would Moby play the new stage?

    Also, Friday and Saturday will surely have an act or two starting before noon.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  2. #302
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,755

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Booka Shade will play for an hour and I'd imagine it will be a Sahara / Mojave set. Would Moby play the new stage?

    Also, Friday and Saturday will surely have an act or two starting before noon.
    If Booka Shade and Birdy Nam Nam aren't a fit for the new stage, then somebody will have to take their place. If not Moby, then what? Can't have a stage with just five acts, right?

    Just moved Moby into the new stage and Booka/Birdy out and some other tweaks. I moved Spiritualized to the Mojave since acts of that sort do tend to play there, even though their 2008 set had a Heineken dome-sized crowd. And I bumped Sigur Ros earlier since people are protesting the idea of them closing the outdoor. I don't like the idea of Hot Chip clashing with Phoenix on the principle that both are synthy crossover acts, though, so this night is still fucked. So if Sigur Ros can't go against Phoenix, then who can?
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  3. #303
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,232

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    If Booka Shade and Birdy Nam Nam aren't a fit for the new stage, then somebody will have to take their place. If not Moby, then what? Can't have a stage with just five acts, right?

    Just moved Moby into the new stage and Booka/Birdy out and some other tweaks. I moved Spiritualized to the Mojave since acts of that sort do tend to play there, even though their 2008 set had a Heineken dome-sized crowd. And I bumped Sigur Ros earlier since people are protesting the idea of them closing the outdoor. I don't like the idea of Hot Chip clashing with Phoenix on the principle that both are synthy crossover acts, though, so this night is still fucked. So if Sigur Ros can't go against Phoenix, then who can?
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    Saturday is confusing as fuck. Just because the new stage will be mostly "DJ's spinning records" I think there might be some exception to this. I'm having trouble figuring who else would play, since I seriously doubt Moby will play this new tent
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  4. #304
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,902

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    I want Booka Shade on the new stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  5. #305
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,755

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Saturday is confusing as fuck. Just because the new stage will be mostly "DJ's spinning records" I think there might be some exception to this. I'm having trouble figuring who else would play, since I seriously doubt Moby will play this new tent
    It's a new thing, so it's all a stab in the dark, really.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  6. #306
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    This isn't directed at Boourns but why do people think that Sigur Ros won't conflict with Phoenix? It's not like they play a similar style of music.
    Last edited by concertgoer; 03-06-2013 at 05:18 PM.

  7. #307
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Sigur Ros vs The xx seems much more unlikely then Sigur Ros vs Phoenix.

  8. #308
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,943

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Wild Nothing -> 2 Bears -> Janelle Monae -> end of Portugal the Man/getting a spot for -> the Violent Femmes ->Franz -> New Order -> Spiritualized -> Postal Service -> Ritchie Hawtin -> Sigur Ros -> the xx -> Phoenix.

    Would be bummed to miss Puscifer and El-P.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  9. #309
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,081

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    It's a new thing, so it's all a stab in the dark, really.
    Do any of the smaller name "DJ's" (Tommy Trash, Thomas Gold, etc.) actually DJ? If so, who's to say they won't play the new stage as well?

    I wouldn't rule any DJ out at this point. Like Boourns said, it's all a stab in the dark right now. Maybe this stage is a lot bigger than we think and can accommodate an act like Moby. Or perhaps someone like Beardyman and / or Dub FX actually does occupy a slot on the new stage. We don't know that much about it. This new Justin-Bieber-looking kid, Danny Avila, could play there too for all we know.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  10. #310

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Sigur Ros vs The xx seems much more unlikely then Sigur Ros vs Phoenix.
    sigur ros will likely request to play against the xx for no reason other than sound bleed. It would very distracting hearing 1901 over the celestial/serene sounds of Agaetis Byrjun.

  11. #311

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    If Booka Shade and Birdy Nam Nam aren't a fit for the new stage, then somebody will have to take their place. If not Moby, then what? Can't have a stage with just five acts, right?

    Just moved Moby into the new stage and Booka/Birdy out and some other tweaks. I moved Spiritualized to the Mojave since acts of that sort do tend to play there, even though their 2008 set had a Heineken dome-sized crowd. And I bumped Sigur Ros earlier since people are protesting the idea of them closing the outdoor. I don't like the idea of Hot Chip clashing with Phoenix on the principle that both are synthy crossover acts, though, so this night is still fucked. So if Sigur Ros can't go against Phoenix, then who can?
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    Maybe the descendents in the closing spot? They are billed high enough to get the spot, and sound bleed wouldn't be much of a problem for a punk band

    I can even see Hot Chip -> Sigur Ros -> Grizzly Bear to close the outdoor
    Last edited by WhatLies; 03-06-2013 at 08:16 PM.

  12. #312

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    sigur ros will likely request to play against the xx for no reason other than sound bleed. It would very distracting hearing 1901 over the celestial/serene sounds of Agaetis Byrjun.
    agreed. Phoenix v. Sigur Ros would be awful. Unless you are very close to the Outdoor stage. Sigur v. xx is okay but they do have a similar fan base. I think New Order could, emphasis on COULD, close the Outdoor stage as well and it could be Postal ---> Hot Chip ---> xx ---> Phoenix on Main.

  13. #313
    old school casey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    los angeles
    Posts
    2,669

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by wannabeontop View Post
    agreed. Phoenix v. Sigur Ros would be awful. Unless you are very close to the Outdoor stage. Sigur v. xx is okay but they do have a similar fan base. I think New Order could, emphasis on COULD, close the Outdoor stage as well and it could be Postal ---> Hot Chip ---> xx ---> Phoenix on Main.
    I think you're right about New Order. Do you think Hot Chip would play after the Postal Service because they have more material, or what? Typically the first three bands on the poster are the last three acts on the main, so I'm just curious to know your reasoning.

    I could see it as Hot Chip ---> Postal Service -----> The XX ----> Phoenix on the main, Sigur Ros playing in between the XX and Phoenix on the Outdoor, and New Order vs. Phoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

  14. #314

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    I think you're right about New Order. Do you think Hot Chip would play after the Postal Service because they have more material, or what? Typically the first three bands on the poster are the last three acts on the main, so I'm just curious to know your reasoning.

    I could see it as Hot Chip ---> Postal Service -----> The XX ----> Phoenix on the main, Sigur Ros playing in between the XX and Phoenix on the Outdoor, and New Order vs. Phoenix.
    You could switch Hot Chip and Postal. Wasn't thinking but u r probably right.

  15. #315

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    2 Chainz on the mainstage during the day is a waste. I think he and Pusha T switching sets would make more sense.

    Based on this http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

  16. #316
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    sigur ros will likely request to play against the xx for no reason other than sound bleed. It would very distracting hearing 1901 over the celestial/serene sounds of Agaetis Byrjun.
    Based on their billing I don't think Sigur Ros that kind of leverage.

  17. #317
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,943

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Maybe Phoenix will request sigur ros plays against the xx so they dont have to listen a bunch of crying pussies afterward.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  18. #318
    Member Larry Farnsworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    The Nutmeg State.
    Posts
    622

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    2 Chainz on the mainstage during the day is a waste. I think he and Pusha T switching sets would make more sense.

    Based on this http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    Agree with this 100%. As much as I'd like to live in a world where Pusha T is more popular than 2 Chainz, it ain't happening. 2 Chainz is a fairly big name with the younger crowd, doubtful he's so early in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Eat a dick on that or did I make too much sense for your mind to take

  19. #319
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Sigur Ros can and will play opposite Phoenix. Those are just a bunch of whiny bitches who think SR deserves to play unopposed. Don't want sound bleed? Just get close to the stage, motherfuckers. Strokes/Kanye overlapped with PJ Harvey who was super quiet and there was hardly any bleed. I'd flip Sigur Ros and Hot Chip, Spiritualized and Yeasayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

  20. #320
    Member autopsy turvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    How about this?



    Also, what does everyone think about Casey's suggestion of Hot Chip and New Order switching places?

  21. #321
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,755

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    I just noticed that violent femmes/make-up conflict, which I don't see happening. Thoughts on where to put the make-up, anyone?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  22. #322
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,943

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    switch them with biffy?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  23. #323
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,755

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    That works.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  24. #324
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,276

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Wait, Hot Chip vs. Phoenix? That's....so inconceivable. Hipster crossover.

    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  25. #325

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    yeah hot chip closing outdoor seems highly unlikely.

  26. #326
    Member with_cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    esseff
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Don't think hot chip or new order will perform against phoenix. I know this hurts the feelings of some sigor rid fans, but it will most likely be them. Besides I saw them for a bit last year and the show didnt seem as quite as some here believe.
    Last edited by with_cheese; 03-07-2013 at 06:04 PM.

  27. #327

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    The new tent looks legit. Wish i could see moby, but i guess thats just not gunna happen. He also tours alot so im not too worried about it. Any time this schedule gets switched up its still gold. Good work, both of you. You know who you are.

  28. #328
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Yeah, neither Hot Chip nor New Order closing the Outdoor makes much sense. If we are looking at the current schedule, simply flipping Sigur Ros and Hot Chip would make a lot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  29. #329

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    i see no problem with sigur ros closing the outdoor. The only issue I have is with them starting at 11:15. Minimizing the conflict with phoenix is key. I could see this...
    Sigur Ros 10:50-12:10
    Hot Chip 9:40-10:30
    Cafe Tacuba 8:10-9:00
    Grizzly Bear 7:00-7:50

  30. #330
    Member autopsy turvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    This is pretty sexy:


Similar Threads

  1. 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions
    By autopsy turvey in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 680
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
  2. Early Set Time Predictions 2013
    By xanman86 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
  3. Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 682
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
  4. Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
  5. Saturday slot time predictions
    By im so indie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •