Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

I figure that having either The XX or The Postal Service on the outdoor would result in a clusterfuck situation (Sigur Ros wouldn't, but here we are), so I've squeezed the xx back onto the main:
    http://clashfinder.com/s/chella13/
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Yeah, that looks a little better... I still don't get how the XX is subheadlining. I just don't get the appeal. None of their songs are catchy, and their music is boring. Hell, if i had sex to their music I'd probably pass out before i could climax

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    Yeah, that looks a little better... I still don't get how the XX is subheadlining. I just don't get the appeal. None of their songs are catchy, and their music is boring. Hell, if i had sex to their music I'd probably pass out before i could climax
    It's all just minimalist shit. The "less is more" is quite nice considering there's way too much convoluted music out there. To me, and a lot, it isn't "boring", just relaxing.

i get less is more. Bon Iver was incredible last year, and he takes the same approach. You want to know the difference between the 2? Bon Iver's catalogue is pure gold, the XX has 3 good songs and the rest is shit

i get less is more. Bon Iver was incredible last year, and he takes the same approach. You want to know the difference between the 2? Bon Iver's catalogue is pure gold, the XX has 3 good songs and the rest is shit
    Thank you for the enlightenment
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

This is some next level shit

One doesn't need to write a dissertation to prove that the XX suck. All you need is ears

One doesn't need to write a dissertation to prove that the XX suck. All you need is ears
    Agreed. However, Bon Iver is a weepy balding fluff jockey who sucks at French. Sorry.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

CLAP CLAP CLAP A RIGOROUS ACADEMIC CONVERSATION

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I figure that having either The XX or The Postal Service on the outdoor would result in a clusterfuck situation (Sigur Ros wouldn't, but here we are), so I've squeezed the xx back onto the main:
    that's great. the new order outdoor closing slot makes it look much better. takes away the fact of sigur ros not being that huge a pull over there and from what i get new order are fairly liked and a great alternative to pheonix.

bat for lashes and biffy clyro also taking decent spots, wouldn't mind seeing grizzly bear and event violent femmes but ii'll miss both for these.

being weekend 2 let's me see the set times before i travel too

Soooo what you all are saying is that xanman was right about Sigur Ros being on main. I don't know what to think anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Soooo what you all are saying is that xanman was right about Sigur Ros being on main. I don't know what to think anymore.
    I think Modest Mouse, New Order and Social Distortion as the Outdoor closing acts sounds decent? Would you rather watch Modest Mouse or Jurassic 5 in the Blur and The Stone Roses gap? Obviously bearing in mind, you won't be able to watch the end of one/start of the other and watch Outdoor closer too? I'll watch Blur and The Roses and i like them both but being from the UK has that edge

New Order vs Phoenix would a terrible conflict for me, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't happen. Luckily I am seeing Phoenix in Orlando in May though.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    New Order vs Phoenix would a terrible conflict for me, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't happen. Luckily I am seeing Phoenix in Orlando in May though.
    This is less than preferable for me as well (both in my top 3 for the day), and I was counting on it not happening, but if Sigur Ros is actually playing the main stage, then it seems inevitable. Damn.

Come on guys. New Order isn't playing much. Phoenix is playing everywhere. It really should be a no-brainer.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Come on guys. New Order isn't playing much. Phoenix is playing everywhere. It really should be a no-brainer.
    BUT DAFT PUNK IS GOING TO PLAY WITH PHOENIX DUDE!!!!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    there's something to be said for setting.

edited for caps opps.
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 04-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Main:
    Phoenix - 11:30 - 1
    The XX - 10:15 - 11:05
    The Postal Service - 9 - 9:50
    Sigur Ros - 7:30 - 8:30

Outdoor:
    Dropkick Murphys - 12:10 - 1
    New Order - 11 - 12
    Hot Chip - 9:50 - 10:40
    Grizzly Bear - 8:35 - 9:25

i hope i'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    WOAH. Print this shit up and slap it in a booklet, I would get to see at the majority of the set, if not the full set, of my top 5 for the day...Yeasayer --> Postal Service --> Simian Mobile Disco --> New Order --> Phoenix, I was counting on getting to see three of those at most. Not that it will end up looking anything like this, but damn. Beautiful.

Something about Sigur Ros on the main just doesn't make sense. I have read previously the band say they will not perform at festivals anymore unless it is in complete darkness. Sunset is around 8, W1 and a little after 8 on W2... so would Sigur Ros really take the stage at 7:30?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Something about Sigur Ros on the main just doesn't make sense. I have read previously the band say they will not perform at festivals anymore unless it is in complete darkness. Sunset is around 8, W1 and a little after 8 on W2... so would Sigur Ros really take the stage at 7:30?
    what about Hot Chip 3rd under Sigur and New Order on Outdoor? so you get

Pheonix
    The XX
    The Postal Service

New Order
    Sigur Ros
    Hot Chip
    Grizzly Bear

TPS could then play silent in between Hot Chip and Sigur Ros

Yep, I think it was Bestival where they got pushed to a daytime slot due to Stevie Wonder wanting to play longer. The band hated the set enough to issue an apology to their fans

sigur rós would like to apologise to anyone disappointed not to see the band's bestival performance live online last night. early in the day a decision had been made to delay broadcast till after the show to give the band a chance to review the footage ahead of webcast, since they were dismayed that their guaranteed "darkness" slot had been pushed into daylight by the expansive demands of the headliner. the band's only uk show of the year, this would-be highlight of the 2012 calendar, would have to be conducted without proper lights or visuals. sadly then, a perfect storm of production issues and technical problems conspired to mean that the band went on to have a thoroughly miserable experience on stage too. and to spare everyone's blushes a decision was made to draw a discrete veil over proceedings. sorry, but we can be so much better than what you missed. another time, for sure.
    source: http://pitchfork.com/news/47794-sigu...ival-disaster/

I'm thinking switch The Postal Service with Cafe Tacvba, who will play the 7:30 slot. Sigur Ros bumped up before the XX. Postal Service takes the subheadlining slot before New Order on the Outdoor.

Sidenote: I still hope Hot Chip is in a tent. Come on Goldenvoice.

SunSet is 7:15 and dusk is 7:35 wknd 1

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/indio-california.html
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 04-01-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    SunSet is 7:15 and dusk is 7:35 wknd 1

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/indio-california.html
    Looking at the set times booklet from last year... I watched Madness perform from 7:00-8:00pm. It started to get dark around 7:30ish, but you couldn't really notice until 7:45 and then around 8:00 when they were ending you were like "Oh yeah, its definitely dark now."

I just have a hard time believing The xx, The Postal Service AND Sigur Ros will ALL be on the main.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I just have a hard time believing The xx, The Postal Service AND Sigur Ros will ALL be on the main.
    agreed on that point.

If Sigur Ros is on the main, then Postal Service in The Weeknd's timeframe of last year seems logical. I mentally had them on the outdoor until I saw their billing, and if that is now an option, I think it makes sense. The Weeknd was lower billed, of course, but that crowd was enormous.

yeah i'm not buying the idea of TPS on the outdoor at all
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Theophilus London tweeted that he's playing the Main Stage on Saturday for both weekends...

https://twitter.com/TheophilusL/stat...70700825526272

Quote Originally Posted by fistacuffs View Post
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but Theophilus London tweeted that he's playing the Main Stage on Saturday for both weekends...

https://twitter.com/TheophilusL/stat...70700825526272
    Good find.

In regards to darkness and Sigur Ros, this was the beginning of Leonard Cohen's set in 2009 (scheduled to start at 7:30 but was a little late):

Dark enough or no?
    Last edited by Boourns; 04-01-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post

I'm still holding out hope that Sigur Ros will close the main stage on Saturday after PS > xx > Phoenix *crosses fingers*

Boourns- Any reason why you have the Descendants on as a closer for the Mojave or is that just a guess?
    Last edited by xanman86; 04-01-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Modest Mouse 9/26, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015