Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 872

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

  1. #121
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,843

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    where is PF's avatar when you need it?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  2. #122
    Member sexualamandakiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    175

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Ahh I see what happened in the new tent/Sahara ... we're assuming that the new stage is a dome-sized tent and thus Richie/SMD wouldn't fit in there right? So it's either 1) New tent has smaller acts but Richie/SMD will play relatively earlier in the Sahara or 2) Richie/SMD closes the new tent at night time but will draw an oversized crowd for the stage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

  3. #123

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Don't be surprised if SMB ends up in the Mojave. Maybe in the Rapture's or Sub Focus' slot from last year.

  4. #124
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,843

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    Ahh I see what happened in the new tent/Sahara ... we're assuming that the new stage is a dome-sized tent and thus Richie/SMD wouldn't fit in there right? So it's either 1) New tent has smaller acts but Richie/SMD will play relatively earlier in the Sahara or 2) Richie/SMD closes the new tent at night time but will draw an oversized crowd for the stage. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    seems to be the crux of the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  5. #125
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by surfacetoair24 View Post
    Don't be surprised if SMB ends up in the Mojave. Maybe in the Rapture's or Sub Focus' slot from last year.
    Would love this
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  6. #126
    Rolwolf
    Guest

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Franz Ferdinand's low billing puts them in a Kasabian like spot in the Mojave. They would be so much more fun in that tent than on the Main sometime in the afternoon.

  7. #127
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolwolf View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that Franz Ferdinand's low billing puts them in a Kasabian like spot in the Mojave. They would be so much more fun in that tent than on the Main sometime in the afternoon.
    I was hoping for maybe a later Outdoor slot this year, but I have a hard time seeing them anywhere else but the main stage, unfortunately.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  8. #128
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,035

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    You are all ulcer givers. All of you.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  9. #129
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,705

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You are all ulcer givers. All of you.
    H. pylori

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  10. #130
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,705

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Probably just me, but seeing that Phoenix is playing Freeborn Hall in Davis about a week before Coachella officially makes them look like weak headliners.

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  11. #131
    Member lostatlimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    I imagine those top headliners will jostle a bit. I bet Postal Service will go on after The XX and one of those might swap stages with Sigur Ros.

    Pretty good schedule predictions overall though.

  12. #132
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,205

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    I imagine those top headliners will jostle a bit. I bet Postal Service will go on after The XX and one of those might swap stages with Sigur Ros.
    I'd put money on The xx opening for Phoenix
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  13. #133
    Member ialvarado2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    924

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    In previous years, what artists billed high in the poster have played in the mojave or govi?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

    QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

    ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

  14. #134

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    Probably just me, but seeing that Phoenix is playing Freeborn Hall in Davis about a week before Coachella officially makes them look like weak headliners.
    I think they are playing small markets everywhere to ensure a sellout before their album is out, and then they will start playing big venues.

  15. #135
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,815

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    In previous years, what artists billed high in the poster have played in the mojave or govi?
    If we're talking about the two lines below the headliners...

    2010: Devo, Sly Stone
    2011: Brandon Flowers, Suede, Ratatat
    2012: M83, Amon Tobin, fIREHOSE, Beirut

  16. #136
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,966

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    If we're talking about the two lines below the headliners...

    2010: Devo, Sly Stone
    2011: Brandon Flowers, Suede, Ratatat
    2012: M83, Amon Tobin, fIREHOSE, Beirut
    Brandon was outdoor.

    Robyn 2011 and Grizzly Bear 2010 count.

  17. #137

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by lostatlimbo View Post
    I imagine those top headliners will jostle a bit. I bet Postal Service will go on after The XX and one of those might swap stages with Sigur Ros.

    Pretty good schedule predictions overall though.
    the postal service to headline outdoor with sigur ros below. At the same time as people thinking Pheonix and the Xx whe will top and sub on main, being one too high. The postal service and sigur ros are two acts many wanted there. The reaction to the postal service at other fests too is good so i see that. All 4 of them will get a slot in the dark, whereas new order and grizzly bear don't need 1. Franz below new order with two door maybe below grizzly bear on the outdoor?

  18. #138
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    If we're talking about the two lines below the headliners...

    2010: Devo, Sly Stone
    2011: Brandon Flowers, Suede, Ratatat
    2012: M83, Amon Tobin, fIREHOSE, Beirut
    Cut Copy in 2011 as well. And the Mojave was BEYOND packed for that set.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  19. #139
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by swhite423 View Post
    I think they are playing small markets everywhere to ensure a sellout before their album is out, and then they will start playing big venues.
    Exactly, bands do this all the time.

  20. #140
    Member autopsy turvey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    100

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    My free time this week is virtually non existent, so if someone wants to take over these threads they can PM me their email address and I will send the templates. If not, I should probably be able to update this weekend.

  21. #141
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by gary312 View Post
    the postal service to headline outdoor with sigur ros below. At the same time as people thinking Pheonix and the Xx whe will top and sub on main, being one too high. The postal service and sigur ros are two acts many wanted there. The reaction to the postal service at other fests too is good so i see that. All 4 of them will get a slot in the dark, whereas new order and grizzly bear don't need 1. Franz below new order with two door maybe below grizzly bear on the outdoor?
    No way Postal Service closes the Outdoor. I see them in the Mazzy Star slot from last year with Sigur Ros or New Order as likely head/sub-head on that stage. I'd put the XX as a mortal lock to sub-head to Phoenix on the main.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

  22. #142
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,492

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    The Postal Service are going to draw a much bigger crowd then Mazzy Star did so I feel very confident that they end up on the main stage. I also think that they could be playing to a silent outdoor since they are the big reunion act on Saturday night.

  23. #143

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    i think that sigur ros closes out the outdoor stage. postal service does not have enough material to end night at the outdoor stage. new order and hot chip will appear before sigur ros (hopefully), xx and postal service open for phoenix.

  24. #144

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    No way Postal Service closes the Outdoor. I see them in the Mazzy Star slot from last year with Sigur Ros or New Order as likely head/sub-head on that stage. I'd put the XX as a mortal lock to sub-head to Phoenix on the main.
    so,

    pheonix
    the xx
    the postal service

    sigur ros
    new order
    hot chip


    i don't care as long as i can see the postal service, new order and biffy clyro

  25. #145
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    The Postal Service are going to draw a much bigger crowd then Mazzy Star did so I feel very confident that they end up on the main stage. I also think that they could be playing to a silent outdoor since they are the big reunion act on Saturday night.
    So was Mazzy Star! They also have the same number of hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

  26. #146
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,843

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    I might even go so far as to say that Refused was a bigger reunion, seeing as how they were billed higher and......... played directly after mazzy star.

    how many hits do they have?

    what are they Refusing?

    What does any of this mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  27. #147
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,492

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    So was Mazzy Star! They also have the same number of hits.
    Pulp were the highest billed reunion act that day and basically played to a silent outdoor.

  28. #148
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,843

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Pulp were the highest billed reunion act that day and basically played to a silent outdoor.
    Swedish House Mafia played their Preunion show on the main stage and it was sick bro
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  29. #149
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,035

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    Holy fuck how are you dingdongs actually having this conversation? It will be The Postal Service --> The XX --> Phoenix on the main stage. End of story.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  30. #150
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,851

    Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

    I still don't know what The Refused is.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions
    By autopsy turvey in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 680
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 01:26 AM
  2. Early Set Time Predictions 2013
    By xanman86 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
  3. Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 682
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
  4. Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
  5. Saturday slot time predictions
    By im so indie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •