Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Neutron View Post
    Postal Service 9:45-10:29:59
    and not a second more.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by Fig Neutron View Post
    Postal Service 9:45-10:29:59
    Should have expected that... But what is the likely hood they would play Give Up front to back?

I don't see The Violent Femmes and New Order conflicting

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Mistro View Post
    Should have expected that... But what is the likely hood they would play Give Up front to back?
    too many variables. for instance coachella has a propensity for scheduling acts that sing about nighttime at night, same with acts that sing about horses, they play in the stables.

now, being that the district sleeps alone tonight is track one on give up, it is 100% verifiable fact that the postal service will not hit the stage before total darkness, IF, it is indeed true they are playing give up front to back.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    I'm fairly certain TPS will close the outdoor
    Scheduling this day makes me believe that another headliner was supposed to be over Phoenix that never panned out...Phoenix is such a solid #2, the XX would make a better #3, and the Postal Service would make a better #4 so they could be on the Outdoor, which I agree is a better fit for them.

However, with a couple exceptions (EDM subs closing out the stage, and Love & Rockets in 2008), it will look like #3 --> #2 --> #1 on the main. This is one of the most surefire bets you can make. TPS will be main stage, unless billing order changes...which it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    and give them that shitty ass James slot? Fuck that.
    Thats why the Outdoor around 5 or 6 is monumentally better.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Moby or Benny close out main? Or that surprise add on, not that this line up needs it. It would suck if we didnt get to party hard at the main this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionComics View Post
    Moby or Benny close out main? Or that surprise add on, not that this line up needs it. It would suck if we didnt get to party hard at the main this year.
    Neither is billed high enough. In the past three years, Chemical Brothers closing out the mainstage was the lowest billed EDM act (#4 on their day), with SHM being #2 and Tiesto being #3. Based on that pattern, it's pretty safe to say no electronic act will close out the main on any of the three days.

Why does everyone here think Sigur Ros will play opposite Phoenix on the Outdoor? Similarly, why are people excluding the idea of Phoenix playing to a silent outdoor.

Jeez, the last several hours of this day is going to be a goddamn trainwreck. Just too much quality. it's not a bad problem to have, I guess. At this point, I guess I just have to hope for no conflict between Sigur Ros, Postal Service, and BFL. And Hawtin. And Moby. And Yeasayer. And Puscifier.

Well, at least Cassy should be early enough that she won't conflict with anything too major.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

A couple of thing. The whole Pheonix extra band thing could happen but it'll be a co-headline now and they will more than happily probably take that. Not sure if anyone has seen that Mumford & Sons have 3 US dates to announce on Tuesday Morning? There is also the whole Outkast Video and JT does his show thing.

Number 2. The 2 bears are much lower than Zane Lowe, they could pretty much open that stage themselves and I'd expect Zane to finish with a good 10-15 mins before Biffy Clyro comes on. He won't want to miss that slot, he loves them and is all over them over in England on the Radio all the time. Something I called from the start was Zane one stage into Biffy another stage.

Quote Originally Posted by surfacetoair24 View Post
    Why does everyone here think Sigur Ros will play opposite Phoenix on the Outdoor? Similarly, why are people excluding the idea of Phoenix playing to a silent outdoor.
    I'd love the idea of this

Pheonix
    The XX
    The Postal Sevice
    New Order

Sigur Ros
    Hot Chip
    Grizzly Bear

That top two on main with Knife Party to end in the Sahara would be ace!

I know I posted this in the preliminary thread, but I'll do so again for anyone that missed it for sake of the discussion, plus I made some changes:

Main
    Phoenix 11:20-END
    the xx 9:25-10:25pm
    the Postal Service 7:50-8:45pm
    Franz Ferdinand 6:25-7:15pm
    Portugal. the Man 5:05-5:55pm
    Danny Brown 3:45-4:35pm

Outdoor
    New Order 11:45-END
    Sigur Ros 10:20-11:20pm
    Hot Chip 8:40-9:30pm
    Grizzly Bear 7:05-7:55pm
    Violent Femmes 5:45-6:35pm
    Cafe Tacvba 4:25-5:15pm

Mojave
    Puscifer 11:50-END
    Yeasayer 10:30-11:20pm
    Two Door Cinema Club 9:10-10:00pm
    Simian Mobile Disco 7:50-8:40pm
    Spiritualized 6:30-7:20pm
    Bat for Lashes 5:10-6:00pm

I'm with the camp that believes Sigur Ros will play unopposed, or with only a slight overlap. I can't imagine trying to enjoy Jonsi and having to hear "Lisztomania" coming from the Main. I don't think Sigur Ros will play on Main AFTER Phoenix, history just tells us so, and what a slap in the face to Phoenix.

***Updated with shorter set times***
    Last edited by drewskeee; 02-02-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    COACHELLA '06, '10, '11, '12, '13 Outkast - The Knife - Broken Bells - Bonobo - Jagwar Ma - MGMT - Warpaint - Washed Out - Darkside - Blood Orange - Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Chance the Rapper - STRFKR

I could get behind that. Especially with the preferred order of SR/NO. In the past though, Coachella hasn't made too many accomodations for the quietness/loudness of a band when it came to main/outdoor conflicts. Thinking of the Strokes/Kanye overlap with PJ Harvey as an example.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Phoenix vs new order wouldn't work as well as sigur Ros vs phoenix. Also, sigur ros is meticulous and picky.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Also I would say sigur ros could be the 5th biggest band playing (big in terms of billing/draw) on the lineup, after the 4 headlining bands.

Edit: YYY's are probably bigger, same with new order, but still sigur ros will be catered to I think.
    Last edited by thizzin my brains out; 02-01-2013 at 05:30 PM.

I really hope this new stage has a sound system to support those last four acts.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    I could get behind that. Especially with the preferred order of SR/NO. In the past though, Coachella hasn't made too many accomodations for the quietness/loudness of a band when it came to main/outdoor conflicts. Thinking of the Strokes/Kanye overlap with PJ Harvey as an example.
    PJ only overlapped the Strokes by 15 minutes and Kanye by only 5...

Loco Dice opening the Sahara really frustrates me.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

The xx hardly warrant a 75 minute set.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

I don't see them pitting Action Bronson and Danny Brown against each other, if anything, one will lead into the other, since their fanbases overlap.

No way Loco Dice opens up the other tent and it's very doubtful that Moby wouldn't play in the Sahara. Same might be said of Richie. Simian Mobile Disco and Hot Chip conflict seems unlikely.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I like this schedule except for the heartbreak of the Other Stage.
    Don't think final times will be anything like this...look at past years...bottomline acts get sprinkled all through the evening and higher middle tier acts get peppered throughout afternoon to cut down on conflicts between bigger acts. You've pretty much got acts escalating linearly on every stage.

for set times, just 2011's the strokes and kanye day and adjust times accordingly to what you expect. this probably only needs to be used for the friday mind

If 2 Chainz does wind up on the Main Stage (which I doubt) there's no way he starts past 3 or 4
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

The way you placed acts in the Sahara and the new stage looks right to me for Friday but I think you're way off for Saturday. I imagine this new stage being like a bigger version of the 2011 Bass Oasis thing. Meaning not that much room for a massive crowd and probably not having a big enough stage for live acts like Simian Mobile Disco, Booka Shade, or Birdy Nam Nam. Probably just DJ's in there. I think those three will be in either the Sahara or the Mojave (they're all pretty popular). And then for your Sahara acts, Huoratron, The 2 Bears, Zane Lowe, and Loco Dice are all pretty underground DJ acts that I think would be on the new stage. So I'd say swap those 4 with Simian, Booka, and Birdy and also Moby. He's definitely in the Sahara. Very very popular. I would normally think Richie Hawtin in the Sahara as well but there's just no room really, so I guess leave him at closing the new stage cuz he's definitely at night.

Hawtin will need a stage at least 10 times the size of the oasis dome, otherwise it will be quite the amount of disrespect on GV's part.

sucks leaving postal service and having to walk by new order to get to violent femmes. Just need to keep repeating to myself... "i will be back for the end of this set"

this looks good I just think Two Door has got big enough to go on later on the outdoor for one thing though

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I don't see The Violent Femmes and New Order conflicting
    That would be criminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    You think TDCC have larger fan base than violent femmes? I know they are newer and get more radio play, but I'm not sure if they have larger fan base than a classic reunion act.
    They headline small to medium sized festivals in Europe, theater band here.

In any case, Violent Femmes are a late afternoon outdoor/main act.