Page 1 of 29 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Hybrid View

Default 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Welcome to the Coachella Message Board's Set Time Predictions Threads!

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    The template you see below WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY based on our own discussions and theories pertaining to the MOST likely scheduling scenario for this year's festival.
    I act as a mediator in the discussion and will be responsible for updating the original post. These are not my predictions. These are our predictions.
    Anyone is free to participate! Suggestions are welcomed! Please remember that these are FAKE SET TIMES!

We encourage anyone to contact acts to confirm set times.

@ = "confirmed" time
    # = "confirmed" stage

*note - this line up was originally constructed using board member Boourns' predictions.
    Last edited by autopsy turvey; 04-09-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Default Re: 2013 - Saturday Set Time Predictions

Looks fairly good to me, although i dont think Zane Lowe would be opening the New Stage....Id expect to see him in the Sahara perhaps playing before The 2 Bears, and maybe its just cause Im dying to see Violent Femmes in the Mojave, seeing them at night time in the Two Door Cinema Club slot would make sense, and having Two Door Cinema Club having a larger fan base I guess, getting a spot on the outdoor.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

This is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by edbangme View Post
    This is depressing.
    My favorite is 2Chainz into Pucifier
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

Quote Originally Posted by surfacetoair24 View Post
    I could see Two Door getting the Hot Chip sunset slot from 2010 - bring in the night with a big dance party on the Outdoor.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    maybe its just cause Im dying to see Violent Femmes in the Mojave, seeing them at night time in the Two Door Cinema Club slot would make sense, and having Two Door Cinema Club having a larger fan base I guess, getting a spot on the outdoor.
    I said this in the other thread, but in the past two years of set time predictions, we have had a tendency to put the dancey-yet-indie acts (Robyn, Cut Copy, M83) on the outdoor sunset/early night in our predictions, only to have them end up in the Mojave later at night. Given that they are billed for it, I think that based off of the past two years, Mojave nighttime seems like the most likely spot for Two Door Cinema Club.

You think TDCC have larger fan base than violent femmes? I know they are newer and get more radio play, but I'm not sure if they have larger fan base than a classic reunion act.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    You think TDCC have larger fan base than violent femmes? I know they are newer and get more radio play, but I'm not sure if they have larger fan base than a classic reunion act.
    They headline small to medium sized festivals in Europe, theater band here.

In any case, Violent Femmes are a late afternoon outdoor/main act.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I could see Two Door getting the Hot Chip sunset slot from 2010 - bring in the night with a big dance party on the Outdoor.

I'd flip New Order and Sigur Ros. New Order is just the bigger band and kind of a reunion. Other than that, I can only hope this is the schedule. BFL/Spiritualized/New Order/Sigur Ros not conflicting FTW. Hopefully they'll let Hawtin go until 1 and I can catch some of his set after SR/NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Perhaps if you had spent more time planning your sets out and less time playing slutty Indian this wouldn't be so difficult for you.

Descendents will not be closing a stage. They are likely to be in the mojave or gobi, but I would guess sometime during the day. Like Buzzcocks last year or X in 09.

EDIT: I veto kicker's suggestion of flipping New Order and Sigur Ros. Sigur Ros closing the outdoor makes a lot of sense. The question is, should New Order be on the main?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Descendents will not be closing a stage. They are likely to be in the mojave or gobi, but I would guess sometime during the day. Like Buzzcocks last year or X in 09.

EDIT: I veto kicker's suggestion of flipping New Order and Sigur Ros. Sigur Ros closing the outdoor makes a lot of sense. The question is, should New Order be on the main?
    I think New Order belongs on the main stage around 7:30

Nowhere near as experienced as most of you are at predicting times, but I posted this in the earlier thread and wonder what you guys think. Phoenix could still possibly play to a silent Outdoor. "Could" being the operative word.

Main:
    Sigur Ros - 7:30 - 8:30
    The Postal Service - 8:55 - 9:45
    The XX - 10:05 - 10:55
    Phoenix - 11:25 - close

Outdoor:
    Grizzly Bear - 7:50 - 8:40
    New Order - 9:05 - 10 (A la Big Audio's set time in 2011)
    Hot Chip - 10:25 - 11:20

Also, this is maybe not going to be a popular claim, but Major Lazer. They are on the fifth line on the poster, and yet we have them as the third highest Sahara act. Is there a reason to put higher-billed Moby and Richie Hawtin in the newer tent? Has a fifth line band ever been in the Top 3 in the Sahara? I kind of get the logic there, but just think it's worth thinking about.

Also, they played the Mojave in 2010. Despite Pon De Floor being a staple at raves, their stuff is closer to dancehall for white dudes than anything else. While I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the Sahara, they weren't placed there before either.

Dropkick Murphys are actually a fairly large band, any change they do early Main stage, and perhaps 2 Chainz does Gobi? This is just a question, not a suggestion.
    Upcoming Shows:

Dropkick Murphys are actually a fairly large band, any change they do early Main stage, and perhaps 2 Chainz does Gobi? This is just a question, not a suggestion.
    2 Chainz on the main sounds right to me, he is maybe the worst rapper out there but is way more popular than B.o.B., Wale, and even Wiz Khalifa, and they all played main. I am surprised by how low he is billed, but GV will know he will draw a big crowd. I feel like the Gobi rap acts are more indie rap (A$AP last year before he blew up, Company Flow, etc), whereas 2 Chainz is as mainstream as they come.

I agree that Dropkick Murphys are pretty big, I tend to equate them as same sized act as Flogging Molly (who closed the outdoor twice). Not saying they'll close the outdoor, although we do have that space open, but they are big enough for at least the Mojave.

don't really know very much about what kind of consideration goes into set times besides the basics but doesn't it not really make sense to put Phoenix up against Sigur Ros, arguably one of the most desired bands of the weekend? Don't they want mostly everyone at Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

Swap tdcc and violent femmes.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    STFU they were just swaped. lol
    Upcoming Shows:

Yeah, the two alternative rock radio staples of yesteryear aren't going to conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I gotta agree with Boourns here. As much fun as Violent Femmes would be in that time slot, it just doesnt make any sense to put them in the mojave at night. Where they were scheduled before seems the most likely. Either that or they will be even earlier in the day on the main.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I gotta agree with Boourns here. As much fun as Violent Femmes would be in that time slot, it just doesnt make any sense to put them in the mojave at night. Where they were scheduled before seems the most likely. Either that or they will be even earlier in the day on the main.
    TDCC in the Mojave at night makes sense, too, since that's where disposable synth pop has been going nowadays.

Café Tacvba's current slot seems a little too late, at least for how stacked the Outdoor will undoubtedly be.

kind of silly to put danny brown and action bronson against each other.

I'm fairly certain TPS will close the outdoor

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Quote Originally Posted by syrrus101 View Post
    I'm fairly certain TPS will close the outdoor
    Scheduling this day makes me believe that another headliner was supposed to be over Phoenix that never panned out...Phoenix is such a solid #2, the XX would make a better #3, and the Postal Service would make a better #4 so they could be on the Outdoor, which I agree is a better fit for them.

However, with a couple exceptions (EDM subs closing out the stage, and Love & Rockets in 2008), it will look like #3 --> #2 --> #1 on the main. This is one of the most surefire bets you can make. TPS will be main stage, unless billing order changes...which it won't.

I fully expect Dropkick to either play main stage, or close the outdoor.

and give them that shitty ass James slot? Fuck that.
    Upcoming Shows:

and give them that shitty ass James slot? Fuck that.
    Thats why the Outdoor around 5 or 6 is monumentally better.

I'm hoping 2 Chainz will be at night in a tent.

Before you begin the hate, I think his set will be better then most expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

His set will definitely be a lot of fun.