Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

Passion Pit have to be on the main.

lou reed and modest mouse will not conflict.

too many people like both of them.

i think it will be modest mouse into lou reed on the outdoor, they will conflict and murder the mainstage featuring the bed-liners blur and SR
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    eh, youre the one in a public place reading a music festival forum thread about ganja. Expect some titties.

Divine Fits are on way too early.

Could I get the set time template?

Im starting to think Passion Pit conflicting with Stone Roses or Blur makes way too much sense. Remember in 2010 when everyone assumed Vampire Weekend would be on the main, but instead played the Outdoor? I think the same thing will happen with Passion Pit this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by autopsy turvey View Post
    Welcome to the Coachella Message Board's Set Time Predictions Threads!

HOW DOES IT WORK?
    The template you see below WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY based on our own discussions and theories pertaining to the MOST likely scheduling scenario for this year's festival.
    I act as a mediator in the discussion and will be responsible for updating the original post. These are not my predictions. These are our predictions.
    Anyone is free to participate and suggestions are welcomed! Please remember that these are FAKE SET TIMES!

Thanks for participating!

*note - this line up was originally constructed using board member Boourns' predictions.
    Mainstage looks set. However, The outdoor could use some adjusting. Passion Pit and Grinderman switching spots makes way to much sense. YYYs->Passion Pit-> Beach House -> Foals (purity ring) -> HTDA (Four Tet) is a perfect set up for the younger indie crowd, Yet the changes has no effect on the mainstagers for that day. Grinderman fills the space between Blur/SR. Plus I think BOH should witch with T&S. The 8 pm time slot usually has a upbeat band, BOH Is more chill and more of an outdoor sound.

outdoor
    1100-1150 grinderman
    920-1010 passion pit
    810-900 lou reed
    7-750 band of horses

as for the irrelevant change in the sahara, nicky romero will never go on before 5:00. He's been blowing up and he works with avicii and the other big name dis. Romero should switch spots with mode step.

Ya, there is no way Nicky Romero play that early.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

also, any chance of infected mushroom, with their new stage setup, closes the sahara? We've seen lower billed edm acts close the sahara multiple times

I disagree with switching Passion Pit and Grinderman. Passion Pit works as excellent counter-programming to Blur/ Stone Roses, whereas a lot of people who want to see Grinderman will probably also want to see Blur/ Stone Roses.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

^ I don't get how you think its counter programming. They are playing the bulk of their set to a silent MainStage. Everyone who wants to see grinder man will be able to, they might just miss the first 5 minutes of the Roses (you wont even have to worry about traffic between the outdoor and main b/c according to all of you, the crowds will be the smallest in years for SR).

Poppy Dance Acts like Passion Pit historically play before 11, and they never play up against the headliners
    Saturday 2012: Miike Snow 10-11
    Sunday 2012: Girl Talk 830-920
    Sunday 2011: Chromeo 830-920
    Saturday 2011: Empire of the Sun* 1030-1120
    Sunday 2011: Crystal Castles 830-930
    Saturday 2010: MGMT 850-940
    Sunday 2009: Roni Size* 1030
    Saturday 2008:Mark Ronson 830-930

I don't think Passion Pit are too big for the outdoor necessarily, but putting them on the outdoor anytime around the headliners will result in Pavement/Phoenix part deux. Not to mention they've played most of their recent festival appearances in daylight on the biggest stage.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I don't think Passion Pit are too big for the outdoor necessarily, but putting them on the outdoor anytime around the headliners will result in Pavement/Phoenix part deux. Not to mention they've played most of their recent festival appearances in daylight on the biggest stage.
    Passion Pit's set at Outside Lands was insane. I can't see that kind of audience at the Outdoor
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

In any case, Passion Pit is fucking awful.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

In every case.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

I don't think that Jake Bugg and Skinny Lister will conflict since they are both British folky acts. I would swap Jake with either Lord Huron or Polica.

I agree mostly with the OP's predictions, but I think Dillon Francis would be later in the day. He's pretty big, you know!
    See ya guys at Coachella 2013, Bros!! View my day job at https://github.com/sharksfan98

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    Passion Pit's set at Outside Lands was insane. I can't see that kind of audience at the Outdoor
    I don't think Twin Peaks is much bigger than the Outdoor Stage.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Im starting to think Passion Pit conflicting with Stone Roses or Blur makes way too much sense. Remember in 2010 when everyone assumed Vampire Weekend would be on the main, but instead played the Outdoor? I think the same thing will happen with Passion Pit this year.
    I get what you're saying. I just think that if GV is trying to get people to see what might be the least mainstream/popular in America headliner they've ever booked, putting the most accessible and poppy top billed act on the Outdoor during their set is a bad idea, even if the overlap is only for a few minutes on either end. Your average American 20 something is going to choose Little Secrets over a headlining band they don't know any songs from, leading to a huge outdoor crowd and nobody at the main. Pavement/Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I get what you're saying. I just think that if GV is trying to get people to see what might be the least mainstream/popular in America headliner they've ever booked, putting the most accessible and poppy top billed act on the Outdoor during their set is a bad idea, even if the overlap is only for a few minutes on either end. Your average American 20 something is going to choose Little Secrets over a headlining band they don't know any songs from, leading to a huge outdoor crowd and nobody at the main. Pavement/Phoenix.
    Agreed but Pavement and Phoenix essentially overlapped that year. Blur and Stone Roses will have silent main but something is going to play in between the two sets and Passion Pit makes the most sense to close the Outdoor. Remember, they also have to keep the crowd on the polo fields and Passion Pit is a draw.

They will make sure the timing works out so that the Outdoor and one of the tents ends roughly at the same time to move traffic to Stone Roses. It's going to take heaven and earth to get a full Main Stage for Stone Roses...

This is Aesop Rocks 4th Coachella. He plaid to a packed Mohave vs Aphex Twin's sahara slot in 08, and he played the OT at night in 05. The Gobi will be fucking packed and overflowing if he is in there. Festival Aesop is sooooooo fucking good.

That is a lie. After Aphex I walked over to the mojave to get a spot for Sharron Jones, and Aesop Rock was still on. The tent was MAYBE half full.

Of Monsters and Men is way to big to be playing the Mojave at 7pm

No they're not. Gotye and M83 played the Mojave last year around the same time and their singles were much bigger hits.

The Stone Roses- good to see them in the closing slot where they belong!

i was also there and i think your exaggerating a bit. I was able to get about 5 feet from the band with little to no problem. It wasnt that packed if you approached the stage from the left side.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    i was also there and i think your exaggerating a bit. I was able to get about 5 feet from the band with little to no problem. It wasnt that packed if you approached the stage from the left side.
    maybe I was more fucked up than I realized, but I recall their set having one of the biggest audiences for that stage.
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Main Stage looks good from Modest Mouse and on. Not completely sold on J5 being on the main though. Anybody think they will be on the outdoor? Maybe in tegan and Sarah's spot?

I agree with switching Grinderman and Passion Pit.

maybe I was more fucked up than I realized, but I recall their set having one of the biggest audiences for that stage.
    the crowd was going crazy for them so maybe thats why your thinking it was so packed. The middle of the field was really long and dense, but for whatever rrason there was lots of space on the hill

a Lee Perry/Japandroids conflict would make me want to eat glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.