Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 681

Thread: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

  1. #31

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    Only way to know for sure is to trick someone into doing that. Having listened to both bands, i would say that their music is pretty distinct from each other--given the context that both bands play in 4/4, have melodies, hooks, and have a guy/girl combo.
    You might be right. It might just be me, but all I know is that I heard little talks probably 40 or 50 times on the radio while only half paying attention over several months, the whole time I just assumed it was a new Stars track. I think you could drop Little Talks in to the middle of Set Yourself On Fire and it would fit in pretty seamlessly, at least, sonically.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

  2. #32
    Member syrrus101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    257

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    ohh the post count burn.

    the burn that burns through every thread.
    OK, i lol'd. I apologize for bein an idiot, lez be friends.

    The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11


    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

  3. #33

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    I would say switch Local Natives and Foals
    Arcade Fire 10/29 @ The Capital Building
    Arcade Fire 10/31 @ The Palladium
    Two Door Cinema Club 11/1 @ The Fox
    Father John Misty 11/2 @ The Wiltern
    Day of the Dead 11/2&3 @ LA Historic Park
    The Head and the Heart 12/7 @ The Wiltern
    Volcano Choir 1/18 @ The Fonda

  4. #34

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Can we get one for Sunday please?

  5. #35

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_Garrett View Post
    I would say switch Local Natives and Foals
    Realistically, is there any way we can get Local Natives on after dark? I can't see any way, but I'd really like that.
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

  6. #36

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    swap the nectar and dog blood

  7. #37

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray del Mundo View Post
    Realistically, is there any way we can get Local Natives on after dark? I can't see any way, but I'd really like that.
    I can maybe see them where Alt-J is right now but that would be pushing it.
    Arcade Fire 10/29 @ The Capital Building
    Arcade Fire 10/31 @ The Palladium
    Two Door Cinema Club 11/1 @ The Fox
    Father John Misty 11/2 @ The Wiltern
    Day of the Dead 11/2&3 @ LA Historic Park
    The Head and the Heart 12/7 @ The Wiltern
    Volcano Choir 1/18 @ The Fonda

  8. #38
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    The stone roses for headline slot. Check out "I am the Ressurection" from their first album (ESP last 4 minutes) imagine that closing out the first night--- blur are ok, but the stone roses are amazing, they imploded before they could make America first time.......

  9. #39
    Member drewskeee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    I already posted this in the other thread, but just wanted to add to the conversation:

    Main
    Blur 11:30pm-End
    the Stone Roses 9:40-11:00pm
    Yeah Yeah Yeah's 7:45-8:45pm
    Band of Horses 6:25-7:15pm
    Local Natives 5:05pm-5:55pm

    Outdoor
    Modest Mouse 11:50pm-End
    Jurassic 5 10:15-11:20pm
    Lou Reed 8:40-9:40pm
    Grinderman 7:10-8:10pm
    Tegan and Sara 5:50-6:40pm

    Mojave
    How to Destroy Angels 11:50pm-End
    Passion Pit 10:20-11:10pm
    Metric 8:50-9:40pm
    Beach House 7:20-8:10pm
    Stars 6:00-6:50pm
    COACHELLA '06, '10, '11, '12, '13 Outkast - The Knife - Broken Bells - Bonobo - Jagwar Ma - MGMT - Warpaint - Washed Out - Darkside - Blood Orange - Arcade Fire - Beck - Neutral Milk Hotel - Disclosure - Chance the Rapper - STRFKR

  10. #40

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Can we have some really shitty second-year attendee do Sunday's thread so we have something to talk about? This prediction is already good and it's february 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

  11. #41

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by markalfieday View Post
    The stone roses for headline slot. Check out "I am the Ressurection" from their first album (ESP last 4 minutes) imagine that closing out the first night--- blur are ok, but the stone roses are amazing, they imploded before they could make America first time.......
    I'm going Weekend 2 so will get Blur closing

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    My only complaint is that Jurassic 5 gets a sunset main stage slot. I don't think Coachella has ever given a rap act that slot before. They tend to give them that 4-5 o'clock on the main stage or an evening outdoor theatre spot. Also don't you think Lou Reed will get a sunset slot like Leonard Cohen?
    The White Stripes 9/18

  13. #43

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by drewskeee View Post
    Outdoor
    Modest Mouse 11:50pm-End
    Jurassic 5 10:15-11:20pm
    Lou Reed 8:40-9:40pm
    Grinderman 7:10-8:10pm
    Tegan and Sara 5:50-6:40pm

    Mojave
    How to Destroy Angels 11:50pm-End
    Passion Pit 10:20-11:10pm
    Metric 8:50-9:40pm
    Beach House 7:20-8:10pm
    Stars 6:00-6:50pm
    I dont think passion pit will be in a tent and hopfully not at the same time as J5.

  14. #44
    old school sonnyboy11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,031

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    God, if that schedule is close to true, looks like I'll be seeing a buncha partial shows. Can't imagine not seeing Grinderman but sure as hell not missing the opening of the Stone Roses. And are Stone Roses for sure on before Blur? Seems like that could be reversed.
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

  15. #45
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,236

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    That Lou Reed/Aesop Rock/TNGHT conflict would be pretty awful
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  16. #46

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    I don't know Dam Funk but they won't get two hours for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

  17. #47
    Member mikey1313666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    SF/LA
    Posts
    2,236

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    I have a hard time seeing Beardyman actually going to at 2, especially if he's on the new stage considering in 2011 he played at 9:00 in the Oasis Dome
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

  18. #48

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyboy11 View Post
    God, if that schedule is close to true, looks like I'll be seeing a buncha partial shows. Can't imagine not seeing Grinderman but sure as hell not missing the opening of the Stone Roses. And are Stone Roses for sure on before Blur? Seems like that could be reversed.
    It appears that for Weekend 1 it will be Blur -> Stone Roses, and Weekend 2 Stone Roses -> Blur, with each getting the same amount of headliner time.

  19. #49
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Modest Mouse closing the outdoor makes zero sense. To go against the one-two punch of older-skewing Britpop, you're not going to have older-skewing indie rock. It would be an act with a different fanbase or something of a completely different genre.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  20. #50

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Modest Mouse closing the outdoor makes zero sense. To go against the one-two punch of older-skewing Britpop, you're not going to have older-skewing indie rock. It would be an act with a different fanbase or something of a completely different genre.
    swap with j5?

  21. #51
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,760

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    That's what I'm thinking.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  22. #52
    Member Lemonpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The DP
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    I definitely see J5 as an outdoor closer as well. Reunion and different fan base
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    I really don't see J5 anywhere but the mainstage.

    EDIT: Also, when did Japandroids get moved that late in the mojave? No way they play that late. It is very possible Japandroids do play the mojave, but I will bet heavily Japandroids will not play after sunset. I more see them in the mojave around 5 or 6, or on the outdoor around 4 or 5.
    Last edited by rage patton; 02-03-2013 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  24. #54

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Modest Mouse in Jurassic 5 spot (before YYY's)
    Jurassic 5 in Passion Pit spot
    Passion Pit in Modest Mouse spot (Close outdoor between Stone Roses and Blur)

    thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  25. #55
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Reeber View Post
    Modest Mouse in Jurassic 5 spot (before YYY's)
    Jurassic 5 in Passion Pit spot
    Passion Pit in Modest Mouse spot (Close outdoor between Stone Roses and Blur)

    thoughts?
    We already tried that. We came to the consensus that Passion Pit will be on the mainstage.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  26. #56

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Must have missed that. Anyways yeah i agree that Jurassic 5 will be on main stage. And during the day light. Regardless where they end up its going to be a sexy party

    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

  27. #57
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,902

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I really don't see J5 anywhere but the mainstage.

    EDIT: Also, when did Japandroids get moved that late in the mojave? No way they play that late. It is very possible Japandroids do play the mojave, but I will bet heavily Japandroids will not play after sunset. I more see them in the mojave around 5 or 6, or on the outdoor around 4 or 5.
    Yeah, i can totally see them in that Titus Andronicus slot from 2011. I totally understand why Tokyo Ska Police Orchestra is in their current slot but I can seem ending up in the Mojave at night.

  28. #58
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,506

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Yeah, i can totally see them in that Titus Andronicus slot from 2011. I totally understand why Tokyo Ska Police Orchestra is in their current slot but I can seem ending up in the Mojave at night.
    Agree with the Titus Andronicus slot. That is exactly what I was thinking. Either that, or the Murder City Devils/ X slot from Sunday '09. I really can't imagine Titus Andronicus falling outside of one of these two scenarios.

    And Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra is a wildcard. They could easily be a daytime main/ outdoor act, while just as easily end up at night in Gobi/ Mojave. With how stacked Friday night is though, for both my sake and theirs, I hope they play one of the larger stages during the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  29. #59

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    Japandroids were made for Titus' spot.

  30. #60

    Default Re: 2013 - Friday Set Time Predictions

    My best guess for TSPO is earlier on Outdoor, but yeah that band is super-flexible anywhere on the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveChoi View Post
    One thing I do need to get off my chest

    Apologies to Freddy Prinze Jr for Cursing him out in 2012 when all that chaos unfolded.. I was a total prick to you and I was wrong

Similar Threads

  1. Early Set Time Predictions 2013
    By xanman86 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 373
    Last Post: 04-05-2013, 07:26 PM
  2. Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 707
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
  3. Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 682
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
  4. SET TIME PREDICTIONS 2011 - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1305
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
  5. Set Time Predictions- FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1141
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •