Thread: Vacation Palm Springs (Rental Company)

Default Vacation Palm Springs (Rental Company)

Anyone have experience with this company? I found them through VRBO.

I looked up their Yelp page and pre-2010 they had AWFUL reviews due to cancelling on patrons last minute and coercing them to pay extra for a bigger place. The most recent reviews are mostly positive--some are even glowing.

There was a lack of Coachella reviews there, so I was wondering if anyone on this board has rented through them? What was the experience like? Were their restrictions (contractual obligations to limit occupancy as well as noise) any more strict than other Palm Springs/Indio vacation homes? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Default Re: Vacation Palm Springs (Rental Company)

Don't do it!!! A group of us had a horrible experience with them for coachella in 09, one of my buddy's reviews is on yelp, don't see how they could have gotten better unless they completely changed management.

It's almost always better to deal directly with an owner of a vacation property (whenever possible).

I've got a 3-bedroom condo still available for Weekend 2 in South Palm Springs, and I haven't listed with a vacation rental company because they're really expensive to the owner, requiring 20% to 30% of gross rents for their services. In return, most tenants will get pretty mediocre service. Instead, I use email, FedEx and a neighbor with a key for emergencies to coordinate my rentals, and I've been doing so since 2007.

I'm asking $375/night for 4 nights (or $425/night for 3 nights), and the place sleeps up to 6.

Here's my ad on VRBO.com:

http://www.vrbo.com/102354

$160 / 1 Br - Coachella Fest April 12-22 (10 Nites-Sleeps 4 -Worldmark Indio)

PERFECT, IF YOU ARE ATTENDING BOTH WEEKENDS!!!

$1600 final price for 10 nights for 4 PEOPLE for Coachella Festival!, 6.7 miles to the festival grounds

1 bedroom suite sleeps 4. KING BED in the master bedroom and a queen Murphy bed in the living area. Includes an "everything you need" kitchen (you supply food), washer/dryer (travel light...do laundry in your own apt.), two televisions, a gas B-B-Q (gas included), and a balcony or patio.

Check-in: Friday, April 12, 2013 at 4:00 PM. Check-out: Monday, April 25, 2013 at noon. (10 ni ghts).
    Rental does NOT include Thursday 4-11

You will receive PayPal request after your reservation is confirmed. You will be able to pay by credit card via PayPal. A refundable $250.00 deposit (PayPal) will hold your reservation, payment in full is due by March 1st (PayPal). You will receive a reservation form with you name on it after full payment NO ADDITION FEES OR CHARGES