Thread: I'm sorry if this has been asked before! Just a quick question.

Question I'm sorry if this has been asked before! Just a quick question.

I've never been to Coachella. I'll try to make this simple enough to not waste your time.

My wife and I are stationed at a base. Active Duty.
    We saw a guy selling Coachella tickets on Craigslist (near us) and messaged him.
    He's actually stationed here as well, it turns out. When the wristbands ship, he's willing to sell us the pair for face value.

Will I run into any problems? I'm only asking because we'll be investing a whole lot into this, and to be turned at the gate would be, quite literally, the worst thing ever. I think it's trustworthy, as we'll get wristbands from him, plus he's stationed where we are, and he's an officer. If he runs a scam, his career is basically done.

Basically, I'm just making sure I don't need anything special, traveling thousands of miles to CA and having ticket proofs that don't have my name on it.

Lastly, are we allowed to camp on the grounds with just the passes? This is a bit of a secondary thing. I'm trying to see if we'll have to book a hotel or something.

That's about it, really. Thanks!
    Last edited by khariii; 02-01-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: I'm sorry if this has been asked before! Just a quick question.

receive the pass with the box and all associated swag that comes with it. when people start to receive their packages you'll be able to see what should come along with the wristbands, and what the wristband for the weekend you're attending looks like.

you cannot camp with just a festival pass. i believe camping is also sold out.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You have to have a camping pass (which must be bought with the passes) to camp on site. There are places to camp off-site and hotels in the area. You may be able to camp with someone who already has a car camping pass and is willing to share their space.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

1. Be sure to get the mailing and billing address from the guy...If you electronic wrist band needs to be "reset" they will ask for a name & address of who bought them. To avoid this problem though, be SURE to scan your wrist band every time you go in or out....

2. You can't camp without a camping pass, wristband alone won't do. You might be able to find a camping pass online like stubhub. Or just try and book a hotel as close as possible...At this point in the game I would just try and camp if you guys are up to it.

Okay! Thanks. Just making sure that I didn't have to have my name on anything. I'm a 2nd weekend attendee.

Quote Originally Posted by khariii View Post
    Okay! Thanks. Just making sure that I didn't have to have my name on anything. I'm a 2nd weekend attendee.
    once you receive the wristband you can register it online with your name attached to it.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....

You can have the guy contact Frontgate and change the name and shipping address to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    You can have the guy contact Frontgate and change the name and shipping address to you.
    Front Gate Tickets at: PHONE: 888-512-SHOW or ONLINE: http://support.frontgatetickets.com

Robin is correct. You can also change the shipping address on your order on the frontgate coachella ticket page. I know for the longest time you had to call to have the shipping address changed, but that recently changed.

Last year, I had the original buyer email customer service and cc me on it. I also had the original buyer surrender her frontgate account to my friend (the one that needed the passes). He changed the login, password and all information to him to ensure that the passes will be mailed to him and that the original buyer couldn't go online to change anything.

Thank you guys. All of you. I'm much more at ease about this now!

Have you ever killed anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

My wife is the one in the military, not me.

...In other words, yes, I've killed someone.

Quote Originally Posted by khariii View Post
    My wife is the one in the military, not me.

...In other words, yes, I've killed someone.
    you killed your wife?

harsh, bro.

I meant it as a turn-around, but you could look at it that way. She actually enjoys the military. Far beyond me, but if she's happy, then we're all well off.

Quote Originally Posted by levi760 View Post
    2. You can't camp without a camping pass, wristband alone won't do. You might be able to find a camping pass online like stubhub. Or just try and book a hotel as close as possible...At this point in the game I would just try and camp if you guys are up to it.
    False.

You CANNOT buy a camping pass online like stubhub. Camping passes only work with the wristband they were purchased with. When a John Smith buys a festival pass and camping pass through the official frontgate website, ONLY John Smith can use the camping pass. John Smith cannot sell his camping pass on ebay/stubhub. He can't even give it to a friend when he decides that he himself is not going to camp anymore. When that camping pass he bought gets scanned at the campgrounds, bottom line, if John Smith is not present, they will not allow the person with the camping pass that isn't John Smith to use the camping spot.

John Smith cannot transfer the camping pass in any way. He cannot call Frontgate and ask them to change the name attached to the camping pass from John Smith to someone else's name, either.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    False.

You CANNOT buy a camping pass online like stubhub. Camping passes only work with the wristband they were purchased with. When a John Smith buys a festival pass and camping pass through the official frontgate website, ONLY John Smith can use the camping pass. John Smith cannot sell his camping pass on ebay/stubhub. He can't even give it to a friend when he decides that he himself is not going to camp anymore. When that camping pass he bought gets scanned at the campgrounds, bottom line, if John Smith is not present, they will not allow the person with the camping pass that isn't John Smith to use the camping spot.

John Smith cannot transfer the camping pass in any way. He cannot call Frontgate and ask them to change the name attached to the camping pass from John Smith to someone else's name, either.
    This is actually FALSE as well. If John Smith selles the wristband AND camping pass together, they can be used by Jane Doe or whoever. They just have to be a pair. Solution is to find someone that has a wristband with camping that doesn't need it and swap wristbands with them along with camping pass OR just have them sit in your car while getting scanned through security.

Your festival passes will get you into the camping area (on foot) but you do not get a camping spot unless you purchase one. You could, however, stay in the spot of friends (if you know or meet people) that do have a spot.

If you are going to contact Front Gate anyway it wouldn't hurt to ask to see if they can add a Car Camping Pass (assuming you are going to have a car) to the order. They may well be fully sold out but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

are safari tents sold out?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    are safari tents sold out?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    This is actually FALSE as well. If John Smith selles the wristband AND camping pass together, they can be used by Jane Doe or whoever. They just have to be a pair. Solution is to find someone that has a wristband with camping that doesn't need it and swap wristbands with them along with camping pass OR just have them sit in your car while getting scanned through security.
    Durr hurr I am not false in what I was addressing. You're false in accusing me of being false. The dude clearly stated that you can look for a camping pass online like a place like stubhub. You can't buy just a standalone camping pass on stubhub, nor anywhere for that matter (standalone camping pass) and I was explaining why you cannot. I did not contradict anything you said. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, bitch.

Because.

Durr hurr I am not false in what I was addressing. You're false in accusing me of being false. The dude clearly stated that you can look for a camping pass online like a place like stubhub. You can't buy just a standalone camping pass on stubhub, nor anywhere for that matter (standalone camping pass) and I was explaining why you cannot.
    Actually, you were wrong. Keyworded you just added in this response: STANDALONE. You posted that he cannot buy a camping pass on stubhub/ebay. That is technically wrong because he can buy one so long as it comes with the festival wristband purchased. Thus, he just needs to get a wristband/camping pass combined purchase and then he can swap his non-camping wristband with someone. Now in your 2nd response you point out he cannot buy a standalone pass. True. I was clarifying your original post that he COULD purchase a camping pass. Trying to give a simple alternative that has been mentioned multiple times on the board.

I did not contradict anything you said.
    Of course you didn't because you weren't responding to me. You were responding to levi760 in your original post.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, bitch.
    WHO SAYS THAT ANYMORE? Only former skater kids who graduated in the 90s or incredibly dorky, rich, white boys. Seriously expected something better from someone called "ManImCool". Then again, you DO live in one of the snobbiest places in the bay area. You probably think you're the sh*t and can't stand a girl contradicting anything you say. Not apologizing for trying to help out khariii. So, as TomAZ would say, "Go f*ck yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Actually, you were wrong. Keyworded you just added in this response: STANDALONE. You posted that he cannot buy a camping pass on stubhub/ebay. That is technically wrong because he can buy one so long as it comes with the festival wristband purchased. Thus, he just needs to get a wristband/camping pass combined purchase and then he can swap his non-camping wristband with someone. Now in your 2nd response you point out he cannot buy a standalone pass. True. I was clarifying your original post that he COULD purchase a camping pass. Trying to give a simple alternative that has been mentioned multiple times on the board.

Of course you didn't because you weren't responding to me. You were responding to levi760 in your original post.

WHO SAYS THAT ANYMORE? Only former skater kids who graduated in the 90s or incredibly dorky, rich, white boys. Seriously expected something better from someone called "ManImCool". Then again, you DO live in one of the snobbiest places in the bay area. You probably think you're the sh*t and can't stand a girl contradicting anything you say. Not apologizing for trying to help out khariii. So, as TomAZ would say, "Go f*ck yourself."

STANDALONE was an implied value of the original post I was referring to. If you had a better understanding of the English language you'd understand this fact, and that was the point that I was trying to address in my original post.

I am saying that NOTHING in my post contradicts anything in YOUR post trying to "correct" me. If there was a contradiction then yes, you'd be correcting me and I would be wrong. But nothing you said contradicts me, therefore I was never wrong in what you were trying to prove. Everything I said falls within the same umbrella of reality as what you said when you attempted to prove I was wrong, when in fact I am right.

What you are still failing to realize is that we both completely understand how camping passes work and that we can both be right. The problem here is you think I'm wrong, when we're both right. If you really don't understand this, then check yourself, before you wreck yourself. Boom shakalaka. Yo momma so fat. Talk to the hand.

Because.

If you had a better understanding of the English language you'd understand this fact, and that was the point that I was trying to address in my original post.
    Nope, not a snob at all, huh?

What you are still failing to realize is that we both completely understand how camping passes work and that we can both be right.
    Nope, I always knew I was right.

I could respond to the rest of your comments, however, you have already admitted I was right.

Until you can articulate how anything I stated as fact contradicts reality, you were wrong trying to correct me. Since you can't, I win. Move along, nothing to see here. You tried to correct the wrong person. Game over.

Because.

Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

Just register your wristbands at coachella.com when you get them and all will be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvn†y on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."