Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: There will be (Relevant) Add-ons / Surprises for sure, because...

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: There will be (Relevant) Add-ons / Surprises for sure, because...

woooooooooooooooooooo who fucking cares
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    No it didn't.
    Passion Pit, Benny Benassi, Vampire Weekend, and Hot Chip all got bumped up on their ranking in 2013 solely for existing in 2013, three years later. Sort of weak.

I don't even understand what everyone is arguing about.

Let's all just admit there won't be any particularly surprising or relevant adds and call it good.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    For the love of all that is holy and all that I treasure, if this is a reference to Daft Punk playing with Phoenix, I will literally track you down and slap those 3D Glasses off your avatar's head. This is so beyond not happening.
    HAHAHAHAH.

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    woooooooooooooooooooo who fucking cares
    Shutup slapdick.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post

Shutup slapdick.
    oh, you'd like to argue about how much tickets were last year like we already did 9 fucking motnhs ago? cool. enjoy.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

there wont be any official adds. but there will be unexpected shit happening all over. Thom playing with Modeselektor? Usher, Rhianna (neither of which I saw), the not so secret hologram. Vampire weekend joining Chromeo? . Beck trying to "secretly" play in the Mojave? Coldwar kids + Florence...The Only really official things that get added are when the festival isn't sold out and they bring someone on to try and sell tickets...i.e. Prince or Madonna absolutely ruining the Sahara tent . It drives you crazy trying to predict whats going to happen where but its just part of the show. Go to both weekends if its stressing you out so much!

Wait til you see what they are gonna do with David Guetta!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    No. Fees were included in the price this year instead of broken out.
    yeah, Steve... not sure who your trying to convince here. Tix deff went up.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    there wont be any official adds. but there will be unexpected shit happening all over. Thom playing with Modeselektor? Usher, Rhianna (neither of which I saw), the not so secret hologram. Vampire weekend joining Chromeo? . Beck trying to "secretly" play in the Mojave? Coldwar kids + Florence...The Only really official things that get added are when the festival isn't sold out and they bring someone on to try and sell tickets...i.e. Prince or Madonna absolutely ruining the Sahara tent . It drives you crazy trying to predict whats going to happen where but its just part of the show. Go to both weekends if its stressing you out so much!
    Yeah, those kind of "surprise" collaborations was what i meant.
    Can't wait, although i don't think I'd make it this year to attend both weekends :@
    Coachella: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2012w2, 2013w1, 2014w1

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

remember when we all speculated on the guests that kanye would bring? that was fun, right?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 9 - Black Vice
    September 11 - Earthless
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 2 - Beck
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    yeah, Steve... not sure who your trying to convince here. Tix deff went up.
    Trying to jog the memory, It was figured out during last years presale when everyone was so outraged. Passes went up around $13, I believe, from the cost of passes during last years regular sale. Pretty negligible amount considering the costs involved with attending the weekend.

Edit: Using the google I am finding results saying final price was $335 last year.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-31-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    remember when we all speculated on the guests that kanye would bring? that was fun, right?
    That is my favorite thing about this board. Complain when Kanye doesn't bring guests, complain when Dre and Snoop bring guests.

That is my favorite thing about this board. Complain when Kanye doesn't bring guests, complain when Dre and Snoop bring guests.
    Kanye sucked because his sound was shit and he didn't have a backing band. Period. Dre and Snoop put on a cool show, and I was happy to see some of their guests, as I would never pay to see Eminem/ 50 cent/ whoever in concert outside of Coachella. I was sort of disappointed by the whole Tupac thing. Fuck Tupac. Like Tupac AKA MC Brooklyn or MC New York, whatever he once called himself, in any way represents Dre, Snoop, or the West Coast? I would have MUCH rather seen an Eazy E hologram, and I was really hoping to hear them play Real Mothefuckin Gs. I was still satisfied with the show they put on, much unlike Kanye's show.

It was figured out during last years presale when everyone was so outraged. Passes went up around $13, I believe, from the cost of passes during last years regular sale. Pretty neglble amount considering the costs involve with attending the weekend.
    No wonder economics are lost on you. Wasted time.

Yeah, god forbid I make a typo while on my phone and sitting here with 2mg of dilaudid flowing into my veins. I'll fix it for your little shit brain, even though I know you knew what the word was supposed to be, yet the only thing you can bring up is a misspelled word out of the post.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Zafocaine, does anything make you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    No it didn't.
    Still can't believe Porcupine Tree was on the 6th line

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nake13 View Post
    09: M.I.A. (instead of Amy Winehouse, her visa was denied)
    Winehouse bailed soon after the lineup was announced. I think she actually could get Visa to work in April but not for the Grammy's.

Zafocaine, does anything make you happy?
    Attention.

Quote Originally Posted by nake13 View Post
    As far as i can remember, Coachellas i've been, the additions/surprises were:

04: Beck.
    05: Kanye West.
    06: Madonna.
    07: This year did't even need any.
    08: Prince.
    09: M.I.A. (instead of Amy Winehouse, her visa was denied)
    10: Atoms for Peace/Yorke-Flea-Godrich-Waronker-Refosco (Before they had that name, the lineup only announced "Thom Yorke ????")
    11: Can't remember any, besides the Pure Filth's "Bass Oasis stage" inside the venue. (kick-ass performers, some of 'em even played twice)
    12: 2pac's Hologram, Eminem, 50 cent, wiz Khalifa, among others from Dre's&Snoop's Crew.
    13: _______________

Remember any other?

Who could be a Surprise based on this 2013 lineup?
    now that I've come home and had a chance to research it..... 2009 was much more than MIA. Chemical Brothers (DJ Set), Etienne De Crecy, Devendra Banhart, and The Orb were all added to the line up via this -

http://coachelladigital.com/

still hope every year that we'll get another one, but then again the ones we get when we show up for camp are pretty sweet as well.

Trying to jog the memory, It was figured out during last years presale when everyone was so outraged. Passes went up around $13, I believe, from the cost of passes during last years regular sale. Pretty negligible amount considering the costs involved with attending the weekend.

Edit: Using the google I am finding results saying final price was $335 last year.
    Yeah, it went up but not that much. I didn't know the exact number either. Regardless, I don't mind it. Ive kind of been expecting it for a few years.
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 01-31-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Don't know if this means anything but the description of the video says "Coachella is just the beginning" and was posted today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg7i5hKKjwM&sns=em

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Tickets were $50 more expensive this year
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Attention.
    And driving at night.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwriteslines View Post
    Don't know if this means anything but the description of the video says "Coachella is just the beginning" and was posted today.

hmmmmmm. weird.

Kanye was a late add in 2006, not 2005.

old school

Kanye didn't use guests who were watching 50 feet away. Dre was only onstage for about 25 minutes.

Both valid criticisms.

wrong.... Dre's set was more about the history of his production. While Kanye's set was all about Kanye.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    touche. if I lived in Tucson I guess I wouldn't have much else to do than troll Coachella boards either.
    Does the Arizona government still refuse to celebrate Martin Luther King Day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Kanye didn't use guests who were watching 50 feet away. Dre was only onstage for about 25 minutes.

Both valid criticisms.
    Weren't there only two or three songs without Dre? I'd say he was up there for a minimum of 45 minutes. Kanye didn't use guests because he didn't have any guests. You think Jay Z is going to drop in on lil Kanye's show when he wouldn't be getting paid shit as a guest? Hell no. Dre technically owns all of the guests he brought out. That's the major difference.

Quote Originally Posted by paulwriteslines View Post

actually this is pretty interesting
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Coachella is just the beginning, hmmm. He seems to know something that the can't talk about.