Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: There will be (Relevant) Add-ons / Surprises for sure, because...

Lightbulb There will be (Relevant) Add-ons / Surprises for sure, because...

As far as i can remember, Coachellas i've been, the additions/surprises were:

04: Beck.
    05: Kanye West.
    06: Madonna.
    07: This year did't even need any.
    08: Prince.
    09: M.I.A. (instead of Amy Winehouse, her visa was denied)
    10: Atoms for Peace/Yorke-Flea-Godrich-Waronker-Refosco (Before they had that name, the lineup only announced "Thom Yorke ????")
    11: Can't remember any, besides the Pure Filth's "Bass Oasis stage" inside the venue. (kick-ass performers, some of 'em even played twice)
    12: 2pac's Hologram, Eminem, 50 cent, wiz Khalifa, among others from Dre's&Snoop's Crew.
    13: _______________

Remember any other?

Who could be a Surprise based on this 2013 lineup?

Default Re: There will be (Relevant) Add-ons / Surprises for sure, because...

Fuck yourself with a razor blade.

I really don't think so. Its super sold out. A lot of those earlier additions were added because the festival didn't sell out, like Prince. I'm not saying that there wont be suprises and guest appearances...but I think the likelyhood of any major new headliners officially being added is pretty low. There just isn't any incentive for GV to pay someone 2mil to come add to a sold out show that, with all likely hood, will continue to sell out year after year...
    Last edited by themule; 01-31-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Fuck yourself with a razor blade.
    I will say this though, GuyinTucson can suck mine and everyone elses balls on this board. grats on 6000+ posts of hardcore trolling dude. Tucson sucks my balls.

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    I will say this though, GuyinTucson can suck mine and everyone elses balls on this board. grats on 6000+ posts of hardcore trolling dude. Tucson sucks my balls.
    You're still the worst.

I really don't think so. Its super sold out. A lot of those earlier additions were added because the festival didn't sell out, like Prince. I'm not saying that there wont be suprises and guess appearances...but I think the likelyhood of any major new headliners officially being added is pretty low. There just isn't any incentive for GV to pay someone 2mil to come add to a sold out show that, with all likely hood, will continue to sell out year after year...
    Maybe a Surprise act that already have been paid, to play among someone listed in the lineup.

You're still the worst.
    touche. if I lived in Tucson I guess I wouldn't have much else to do than troll Coachella boards either.
    Last edited by themule; 01-31-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Wow at half of those not even being adds.

Paft Dunk

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Wow at half of those not even being adds.
    What? You don't remember them adding Atoms For Peace? It was just a Thom Yorke DJ set before that.

Quote Originally Posted by nake13 View Post
    As far as i can remember, Coachellas i've been, the additions/surprises were:

04: Beck.
    05: Kanye West.
    06: Madonna.
    07: This year did't even need any.
    08: Prince.
    09: M.I.A. (instead of Amy Winehouse, her visa was denied)
    10: Atoms for Peace/Yorke-Flea-Godrich-Waronker-Refosco (Before they had that name, the lineup only announced "Thom Yorke ????")
    11: Can't remember any, besides the Pure Filth's "Bass Oasis stage" inside the venue. (kick-ass performers, some of 'em even played twice)
    12: 2pac's Hologram, Eminem, 50 cent, wiz Khalifa, among others from Dre's&Snoop's Crew.
    13: _______________

Remember any other?

Who could be a Surprise based on this 2013 lineup?
    It was Thom Yorke???? only because Atoms For Peace hadn't named themselves yet.

Also, IT'S GOING TO SELL OUT! God, I hate you.
    Last edited by DaFunkyPrecedent; 01-31-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    Cooler than a polar bears toenails.

Quote Originally Posted by chaz86 View Post
    Paft Dunk
    he said surprise. we all know they will be there for phoenix bro

Quote Originally Posted by igotmyxomatosis View Post
    he said surprise. we all know they will be there for phoenix bro
    This gave me a good chuckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Maybe a Surprise act that already have been paid, to play among someone listed in the lineup.
    Yeah, this is our only I hope I think...and entirely possible given ticket price increases. Actually, now that you mention it, I really don't feel like this bill, as great of undercards as there are, justifies the profits GV is making off of tickets. What sucks though is, save Prince and Kanye (who was super late) all the other shows (madonna, beck) were put on at times and in tents that made them impossible to see...I think after Phoenix mainstage is our best hope...

For the love of all that is holy and all that I treasure, if this is a reference to Daft Punk playing with Phoenix, I will literally track you down and slap those 3D Glasses off your avatar's head. This is so beyond not happening.

What? You don't remember them adding Atoms For Peace? It was just a Thom Yorke DJ set before that.
    so wrong dude. it was always atoms for peace. they had just played in LA. Everyone knew what was coming...and Thom Yorke can't DJ worth shit...I love the guy, but he cant' DJ lol. Period.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

A last minute add may fuel some buzz towards next year's ticket buyers. Unfortunately, I know 2Pac is still fresh on a lot of people's minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

so wrong dude. it was always atoms for peace.
    No it didn't.
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

What ticket price increase, mule?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    This gave me a good chuckle.
    team xbladez 4 lyfe motherfucker

honestly, if Daft Punk does their mini madison square garden jam with Phoenix, i'll be pissed. Who the fuck wants to hear that?? It was terrible. Thomas doing a suprise DJ set though...now that is a different story....

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    No it didn't.
    lol, they hadn't named their band yet. But had played in LA. NOBODY thought that was going to be a thom yorke dj set. Sorry, thanks for the graphic though.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    For the love of all that is holy and all that I treasure, if this is a reference to Daft Punk playing with Phoenix, I will literally track you down and slap those 3D Glasses off your avatar's head. This is so beyond not happening.
    LOL, is not a reference to any performer, i wrote that for you guys to come up with (possible/realistic) predictions.
    Coachella: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2012w2, 2013w1, 2014w1

lol, they hadn't named their band yet.
    You said it was always Atoms for Peace, but it wasn't. You're right, they hadn't named their band yet but they weren't Atoms for Peace until they called themselves that. See?

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    You said it was always Atoms for Peace, but it wasn't. You're right, they hadn't named their band yet but they weren't Atoms for Peace until they called themselves that. See?
    LOL, So that counts as an add?? Nope sorry, thanks for the argument, but you missed the point. Hi five. Everyone who was following what would later become Atoms for Peace knew they had just played in LA and were deciding on what to call their band...not to mention that there were several interviews with the members saying they were playing coachella...
    Last edited by themule; 01-31-2013 at 01:05 PM.

so wrong dude. it was always atoms for peace. they had just played in LA. Everyone knew what was coming...and Thom Yorke can't DJ worth shit...I love the guy, but he cant' DJ lol. Period.
    lulz

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    What ticket price increase, mule?
    Tickets were $50 more expensive this year

worst thread ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

No. Fees were included in the price this year instead of broken out.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    No. Fees were included in the price this year instead of broken out.
    $269 + fees = roughly $300
    $350 + 0 fees= $350