Page 1 of 81 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama off to a good start

Default Obama off to a good start

Obama off to a good start. No doubt, he was nervous but in his quest to always appear cool, it was a little embarrassing, at first.

Obama didn't allow Judge Roberts to finish the first and second phrases of the Oath before he jumped right in to repeat them.

In Obama’s haste, it seems the judge was thrown off guard and transposed the word faithfully to the end of the phrase,

that I will execute the office of President of the United States, faithfully…

I’m sure Obama memorized the oath so when Roberts transposed the word faithfully, it did not compute because Obama was not repeating what he was hearing but what he was expecting to hear.

Obama, who can’t carry more than 4 words in his head without his teleprompter, flubbed the phrase and nodded to Roberts to repeat it.

Instead of singing the U.S. National Anthem, Star Spangled Banner, Aretha Franklin delivered a terrible rendition of My country, tis of thee to the tune of God Save the Queen, for heaven's sake, while Obama was shown sitting like a mannequin gloating at the magnitude of his royal highness. Well, at least Obama didn't have to stand and put his hand over his heart.

Aside from Michelle looking like a banana, is there anyone else besides myself who believes Obama should have worn a glove when placing his hand on such a historically fragile, delicate artifact as Lincoln’s Bible? After all, Lincoln’s fingerprints and DNA are all over that Bible, and I believe it should have remained carefully preserved and not that the hand print of a perspiring president elect should disturb the chemistry.

Michelle wore gloves to hold the Bible, for that very reason. The same holds true of anyone handling Lincoln's Bible. They wear gloves. Yet, Obama was permitted to place his bare, perspiring hand on such a monumentally historic artifact. That should not be permitted of any president elect. Would Lincoln want Obama's palm/hand print on his Bible? Who knows but I do not believe it is for the living to decide the wishes of a dead president.

Even comic book collectors, for example, carefully preserve comic books right off the assembly line in plastic bags so they never see the light of another's fingerprints, hand print, including their own. And, here we have something as monumentally, historically sacred as Lincoln's Bible being exposed to another's fingerprints/hand print.

Obama is no Lincoln. Not even close. He can try to emulate Lincoln all he wants but Lincoln he is not.
    Last edited by listitrist; 01-21-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Default Re: Obama off to a good start

lay off the meth
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

Way to nitpick a bunch of bullshit and ignore Obama's actual work rather than his stumbling through oaths and his anti-glove stance.

I thought this was going to be about today's talks with Palestine, which is a good start.

And John Williams made up for everything else in the inauguration, so who gives a shit about Lincoln's bible.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

you have constructed some real quality sentences here. congratulations.
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

Young blood

Abortions for everyone!

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by listitrist View Post
    Obama, who can’t carry more than 4 words in his head without his teleprompter, flubbed the phrase and nodded to Roberts to repeat it.
    Yeah, I too was surprised when a Constitutional law professor wanted to accurately recite the words written in the Constitution.

It's nice to know what's really important. Being president has nothing to do with intentions or capabilities or politics and has absolutely everything to do with word memorization. You're a fucking moron. When are you going to be happy? What is it you want? Do you have anything for us other than the standard idealistic rants of stoner 9/11 truth-fellating basement-dwellers, or do you actually have a cognitive idea of where improvements could be realistically made? Let's hear it, then. In your political utopia, what's different? How does it work? How do we get there? Put up or shut the goddamn hell up.

Young blood

Is Jesus really that buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    stoner 9/11 truth-fellating basement-dwellers
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHH excellent
    Meow.Meow..Meow...

In your political utopia, what's different? How does it work? How do we get there?
    Gloves. It's all about the gloves.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I am dumbfounded by your idiocy. I have no words.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I don't know how a person could think that they could cover up their TMZ-filtered brain with decent grammar.

Can you believe what Aretha was wearing on her head? This presidency is going to suck!
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Young blood

I heard people obsessed with gloves are usually pedos.

i just read a little of this. how is ok to expose the bible to the elements, but not touch it with your bare hand?
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

John Roberts was being a douchebag and kept interrupting Obama while he was saying the oath

Why do all these presidents on these coins have their back turned to Lincoln...I think Lincoln would be more than happy for Obama to place his perspiring hands on his bible infact, I'm sure that he would be honored for him to use it on a daily basis...

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    i just read a little of this. how is ok to expose the bible to the elements, but not touch it with your bare hand?
    For real.

Either way, if Obama cleans up at least half the mess America is in, I wouldn't care if Lincoln's bible's pages got stuck together with Obama's sperm; because after National Treasure 1 & 2, I could care less about American relics.

How many abortions have been performed under the Obama presidency? That's real, measurable success right there.

i always saw lincoln as a badass. figured he was staring everyone down.
    Originally Posted by Riggins33
    Why don't you show me a pic of what you look like and I'll send you a pick of myself. I'm 6'5 230....
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Would you care to list the fixes I've proposed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    Thank god I did't suck that guy's dick.

I guess the OP got a little too caught up gazing into fractal posters to continue spewing.

I guess the OP got a little too caught up gazing into fractal posters to continue spewing.
    When you learn how to discuss an issue in a civil manner without the attacking and vulgarity, I'll continue.

When you learn how to discuss an issue in a civil manner without the attacking and vulgarity, I'll continue.
    When you learn how to discuss an issue that Perez Hilton wouldn't blog about on a slow news day, then you should continue.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Chief Justice Roberts was the one who screwed up the swearing in, he misplaced the faithfully that momentarily tripped up President Obama. If you want to get all conspiracy theory about it, Obama was an outspoken opponent of Roberts' appointment. Just sayin...

And a message to all you neo-conservative types: You've had your time, eight years to be exact. And look at the great job your administration did!! Take a tip from us liberals, numb yourself now. It will make the next eight years a whole lot easier on you.

No no. Even if he was able to talk about anything even remotely interesting he should not continue.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    How many abortions have been performed under the Obama presidency? That's real, measurable success right there.
    If that's the real measure of success, expect a very successful President because abortion will increase a hundred fold - heck, a thousand fold. Not only does Obama intend to overturn the ban on the murdering of live-born babies who survive abortions, a mother can abort a fully developed, nine month baby right up until the day of delivery. Obama intends to remove ALL LIMITS on abortion no matter what stage of pregnancy.
    Last edited by listitrist; 01-21-2009 at 06:17 PM.

Young blood

WOO-HOO!

More reason to sleep with my pastor now.

If that's the real measure of success, expect a very successful President because abortion will increase a hundred fold - heck, a thousand fold. Not only does Obama intend to overturn the ban on live-born babies who survive abortions, a mother can abort a fully developed, nine month baby right up until the day of delivery. Obama intends to remove ALL LIMITS on abortion no matter what stage of pregnancy.
    I hope you're the first one to get aborted.

This guy is amazing.

Every time I think we are at rock fucking bottom, I am proven wrong.
    last.fm

If that's the real measure of success, expect a very successful President because abortion will increase a hundred fold - heck, a thousand fold. Not only does Obama intend to overturn the ban on live-born babies who survive abortions, a mother can abort a fully developed, nine month baby right up until the day of delivery. Obama intends to remove ALL LIMITS on abortion no matter what stage of pregnancy.

Go! Gobama! Go Go Gobama!!

Good, I've been meaning to catch up on my recreational abortions.