Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: where are the additions???

Default where are the additions???

So It's like 22 dayz till the show and No Big Additions! Underworld? Prince? The Police? A Tribe Called Quest? The Fugees? What up Goldenvoice?
    [B]Darthlaker

Default Re: where are the additions???

Underworld will not be added as they have an LA gig this summer and neither the Police nor Prince will be added as we already have three headliners.

hopefully they will add a decent act friday....thats all i could ask for....

Prince has tour dates on the April 27-28. And there is no way in hell they are adding anyone to Sunday.
    I still have a feeling a 2nd line Saharah act (headliner) will be added
    As well as another band who could be on the second, or third, line of the poster.
    Perhaps they will annouce these bands April 11? Why the 11th? Because, that is the day before Lollapalooza annouce their bands playing this year. I dont know though. Its just a thought.

could be....

Or maybe there are not going to be any additions and the current acts will play just a little longer.

People always complain that the bands don't have long enough set times...so maybe..

Also, Coachella never promised addition. It's not like other festivals where they pride themselves on additions. They just happen at Coachella sometimes but not always.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

No additions. Now go kick rocks.

you'll find out first here:

www.lemonparty.com

spammer
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

i just hope for one friday cause the line-up is a little weak

it is getting a little ridiculous. I mean friday HAS to have additions, its not fair to charge the same price for the other days that have 6 or 7 more bands.

Banned

well im gonna have a great time regardless but i am a little surprised that the lineups are so uneven with the amount of artists. granted great lineup, but they do open themselves up to criticism since they are asking full price for tickets to each of the 3 days and dont have as many bands on one day like the other 2 .

Banned

nearly 10 less acts on friday. hmmmm

last year they announced Madonna & Kanye West Late. They never even added Kanye to the Poster. EVER! I'm just asking like daftmonkey says at least Friday cause to me Byork IS NO HEADLINER! And yeah I have seen her three times!!! She doesn't impress me. Maybe a big Sahara act or add another hip hop act. heck I'll even take The Blue Man Group AGAIN!
    [B]Darthlaker

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    nearly 10 less acts on friday. hmmmm
    I think part of this is due to the Comedians of Comedy. Remember, there are a ton of comedians performing, taking up a lot of stage time. This is at least part of the reason that Friday doesn't have as many bands.

Quote Originally Posted by darthlaker View Post
    last year they announced Madonna & Kanye West Late. They never even added Kanye to the Poster. EVER! I'm just asking like daftmonkey says at least Friday cause to me Byork IS NO HEADLINER! And yeah I have seen her three times!!! She doesn't impress me. Maybe a big Sahara act or add another hip hop act. heck I'll even take The Blue Man Group AGAIN!
    that would be more than sufficient

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I'd like to see a solid addition as well. There was a lot of talk about possible adds two months ago. C'mon Modest Mouse!

pretty sure modest mouse is playing elsewhere during coachella.

i heard months ago police were going to play a surprise appearance... check it out perez knows his stuff...

http://perezhilton.com/topics/music_...w_20070129.php

Quote Originally Posted by kacie View Post
    i heard months ago police were going to play a surprise appearance... check it out perez knows his stuff...

http://perezhilton.com/topics/music_...w_20070129.php
    What in God's name is this?... Or, for that matter who in God's name is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

If someone big is added, I hope they allow for the size of the crowd. Remember a few years ago when Beck was added super late and he played in a tent slightly larger than a carport (can't remember which one). I couldn't get within 100 yards of the tent much less inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    i just hope for one friday cause the line-up is a little weak
    Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    it is getting a little ridiculous. I mean friday HAS to have additions, its not fair to charge the same price for the other days that have 6 or 7 more bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    well im gonna have a great time regardless but i am a little surprised that the lineups are so uneven with the amount of artists. granted great lineup, but they do open themselves up to criticism since they are asking full price for tickets to each of the 3 days and dont have as many bands on one day like the other 2 .
    the friday lineup is weak? friday HAS to have additions? coachella opens itself up to criticism for having less acts on friday?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT??? The friday lineup is killer! many people feel that it is by far the strongest lineup of the 3 days. obviously, fewer acts on friday will mean longer set times. since when does the price of admission have anything to do with the number of acts? the price has to do with the QUALITY of the lineup, not the quantity. there is absolutely nothing wrong with friday having fewer acts than the other 2 days.

you people crack me up. if we used scoop49ers' logic, then each day of the festival should have a different admission price. for instance, sunday sold out almost immediately, so obviously there was a much greater demand for sunday. are you really telling me that coachella should have raised the prices for sunday because they knew it would be the most popular and in-demand day? what if friday sold out the fastest but had the fewest acts? should friday prices be raised? you people are borderline idiots.
    Last edited by crazzz2007; 04-04-2007 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    many people feel that it is by far the strongest lineup of the 3 days. obviously, fewer acts on friday will mean longer set times.
    I don't give a shit at this point if there are additions or not, but I had to point out two things about the above.

1. Not enough people feel it's the strongest day to sell it out, obviously.

2. Longer set times is not only not likely, I'm willing to bet cold hard cash it doesn't happen. Comedians of Comedy will fill out the remaining time.

the adds will be in soon , madonna was added like 2 weeks or sooner before the show. yeah they still need sahara tent headliners and another headliner. I'm sure it will come. since its pretty much sold out they can wait till the last minute if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    the friday lineup is weak? friday HAS to have additions? coachella opens itself up to criticism for having less acts on friday?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT??? The friday lineup is killer! many people feel that it is by far the strongest lineup of the 3 days. obviously, fewer acts on friday will mean longer set times. since when does the price of admission have anything to do with the number of acts? the price has to do with the QUALITY of the lineup, not the quantity. there is absolutely nothing wrong with friday having fewer acts than the other 2 days.

you people crack me up. if we used scoop49ers' logic, then each day of the festival should have a different admission price. for instance, sunday sold out almost immediately, so obviously there was a much greater demand for sunday. are you really telling me that coachella should have raised the prices for sunday because they knew it would be the most popular and in-demand day? what if friday sold out the fastest but had the fewest acts? should friday prices be raised? you people are borderline idiots.
    Ok. First I agree with you on the different prices thing. Whether or not one day has more of less acts, it just makes sense to have all the days costs the same, as long as they are of equal amounts of time. ie. 12-12.
    However, I do think Friday is a little lacking. I personaly only have 2 MUST see acts on Friday. Gogol Bordello and Peeping Tom. I also have 2 MUST miss acts on Friday. Arctic Monkeys and Circa Survive. Oposed to Saturday where almost every single act on that day is a MUST see and I know the Saturday night conflicts are gonna kill me. Sunday as well has a TON of great acts. And if Infected Mushroom conflict with Rage like speculated, I might shed a tear or two. That all being said, there are a great number of acts I would love to check out on Friday. Stephen Marley, Interpol, Noisettes, JAMC, Sonic Youth, Brazillian Girls, Bjork and Of Montreal namely. However, I would love to see a Saharah act added. Im hoping for The Prodigy or Fatboy Slim (finger crossed) Also, as I said earlier, another bigger band or two could make a huge different. I think Primus would be an excellent fit to Friday. I was also thinking Cake would make a great addition.
    Thats just my opinion on the Friday line-up. Also, just to point out... Friday still isn't sold out. Compared to Sunday which sold out in a matter of hours. And Sunday which took less than 2 days. Which does say something about the general publics interest in Friday. Not that its a BAD line up. Its not a bad line up at all. It is quite a stong line up if you ask me. However, its not as strong as Saturday or Sunday's.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    However, I would love to see a Saharah act added. Im hoping for The Prodigy or Fatboy Slim (finger crossed) Also, as I said earlier, another bigger band or two could make a huge different. I think Primus would be an excellent fit to Friday. I was also thinking Cake would make a great addition.
    agreed, a sahara add would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    I don't give a shit at this point if there are additions or not, but I had to point out two things about the above.

1. Not enough people feel it's the strongest day to sell it out, obviously.
    Also, just to point out... Friday still isn't sold out. Compared to Sunday which sold out in a matter of hours. And Sunday which took less than 2 days. Which does say something about the general publics interest in Friday.
    i disagree. this is the first year that coachella has been 3 days. not many people in the US are used to 3 day festivals. also, the fact that people have to take a day off from school or work on friday makes a HUGE difference. plus, many people just don't want to be under the 100 degree sun for 3 days.

you can't just point to the fact that friday hasn't sold out and assume it's because of a weak lineup. that's not a logical argument.

Ok. First I agree with you on the different prices thing. Whether or not one day has more of less acts, it just makes sense to have all the days costs the same, as long as they are of equal amounts of time. ie. 12-12.
    You fail. Saturday has the most acts worth seeing, but Friday has more acts that are of the high-caliber, can't miss variety. Jarvis Cocker, Bjork, Interpol, JAMC, Sonic Youth, Of Montreal, none of those can be missed, and there's other acts worth checking out as well, like Gogol Bordello, Faithless, DJ Shadow, Peaches, etc.

Sunday has the fewest interesting acts to check out, and some of the big names are weak, and then most of the good acts are probably playing at the same time, because of their popularity/style/position on the poster.

I love how everyone also use their own personal taste as the law of what is good and what is bad. I highly doubt most of those artists mentioned are that ineresting to me, jarvis? sorry no although if it was his goth band i wanted to hear that, of montreal? yeah they would be easy to leave behind. Sonic youth, seen them twice, not a high priority again, jamc again seen them and even then it seemed like the heyday was over and just sounded a bit dated.

it always tickles me.

Also madonna was added closer to the lineup being announced instead of closer to the event. I think madonna was added three or four weeks after tickets went on sale, if even that long. Kayne was added like two days wasnt he? i think i didnt even find out til i read the set times.

Prodigy!!