Thread: I've got a free week post-Coachella on a backpacker's budget. Any recommendations?

Question I've got a free week post-Coachella on a backpacker's budget. Any recommendations?

I'm travelling over for weekend one and meeting some mates, then I've got a week after the festival to do something sweet before heading home and back to reality. I've been to LA before, so keen to see something else in Cali/the Southwest/Northern Mexico. Any recommendations?

Default Re: I've got a free week post-Coachella on a backpacker's budget. Any recommendations

L.A. has hostels, and its public transit system is underrated. I think you could have a good week here on the cheap! Just don't be shy about taking long bus rides.

Default Re: I've got a free week post-Coachella on a backpacker's budget. Any recommendations

Well, you could go backpacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Prob ably best to avoid northern parts of Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    Prob ably best to avoid northern parts of Mexico.
    This...
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

You're probably right about avoiding Northern Mexico, it'd be an interesting place to see though. Strange to think that 5-6 years ago, it was a major tourist spot. Fucking war on drugs eh?

Quote Originally Posted by quetalbrother View Post
    You're probably right about avoiding Northern Mexico, it'd be an interesting place to see though. Strange to think that 5-6 years ago, it was a major tourist spot. Fucking war on drugs eh?
    Not to mention all the Mexicans amirite?

No, but seriously avoid Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Not to mention all the Mexicans amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

Northern Arizona is pretty nice.
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

where the rubbers meet the road. Good luck, man.

I doubt you could spend an entire week there, but Joshua tree park is very nice.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Bang every American chick you meet. You'll have an accent to them so they will just spread their legs for you. It's magical.