Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightning in a Bottle 2013

Default Re: Lightning in a Bottle 2013

It's a completely different venue. I wouldn't rely on last year's set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    sweet! I will get one tomorrow! yay!!!

Beth, I am so excited to camp with you, but I will need pointers. I have never camped before (at a music fest) and I know you have some experience
    sounds like we need another dinner date

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    It's a completely different venue. I wouldn't rely on last year's set-up.
    of course not, but last year they had 2 separate camping lots with cars and general intermixed so I don't see any reason they would change that, especially since the new venue has more contiguous area compared to last year.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo
    1/23 Dent May at The Echo 1/19/14 Volcano Choir at H.o.B. San Diego

This being at Skinner = Riverside County Sherrifs Drug Raid.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

That being said, other people on this board live in Temecula? Yikes
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Why yes we do, Beth. Friday! (I hope)
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

For those of you asking about camping, last year the setup was they had "streets" as the boundaries with camping and car camping all intermixed and you could create your own space. There were no rules like there are at Coachella regarding 10x30, one car, etc. they just kinda let you figure it out and it works pretty well. Me and my friends had a set-up with about 5 or 6 cars (can't remember exactly and about 5 or 6 tents with communal space in the middle for ez-ups and such....pretty awesome way to do camping!

Car camping is nice in that you don't have to lug all your stuff, although there is a shuttle from cars to camping if you don't buy car camping (if you're willing to wait for it to make each trip with your stuff)!

wonderful, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks!
    2012 2013
    11/19 Night Terrors of 1927 at Soda Bar 11/11 & 11/18 Night Terrors of 1927 at The Echo

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    wonderful, that's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thanks!
    Perfect. So car camping it is, Beth? I will buy one today if that's what we are doing.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

yup! I think that's going to be the plan!
    2012 2013

YAY! I am So excited!!!

done!! somehow I managed to get tier 1 pricing even though the site took forever to load

I picked up car camping and a couple water bottles too.
    Last edited by scenicworld; 02-12-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    2012 2013

So who all is going to this?

I'm going! woo hoo!
    2010 / 2011 / 2012 (Wkd 1) / 2013*

http://www.last.fm/user/bea_afraid

temecula finally has something cool
    2012 2013

I'll probably be there, like it or not.
    LOL! <33

Quote Originally Posted by morticia__ View Post
    I'm going! woo hoo!
    Yeah you are! I can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    I'll probably be there, like it or not.
    Sweet!

I bought tickets for my family.
    Joseph Elwell.
    99, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 12, 13, 13

I'm considering it, but Temecula in July sounds fucking miserable.

I don't think it seems that much worse than Coachella normally is... Maybe that is just me?

Yeah, but it's not Coachella.

July in temecula can be MISERABLE, but we do get a nice ocean breeze every day around 2 that cools everything down and Skinner always seems to be a few degrees cooler because of the lake. I don't think it will be nearly as bad as you think it will, to be honest. by the time sunset hits, it's a perfect summer night
    Last edited by scenicworld; 02-16-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    2012 2013

Deff doing at least a day, hoping they sell single day tix the day of. With this not falling on a holiday weekend, work on monday sounds like a pain in the bunz.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Deff doing at least a day, hoping they sell single day tix the day of. With this not falling on a holiday weekend, work on monday sounds like a pain in the bunz.
    yeah, that was my concern, too. I was luckily able to get the time off approved (I was totally shocked though!)

the camping FAQ has been added to the website.

All Full Weekend passes (at all tiers) include on-site tent camping!

Walk in Camping
    Can I camp at LIB if I DID NOT get a Car Camping or RV pass?
    Just because you didn't get a car camping pass doesn't mean you can't camp at LIB. All full weekend passes include camping. What this means is that you will park your car in the general parking lot and walk or take a shuttle into the campgrounds.

How far will my car be from the campgrounds?
    The parking is very close to the camping this year so you are never too far from your vehicle and you will have access to the parking lot throughout the weekend.
    We will have some shuttles to help you get to the campgrounds but it may be faster and easier for you to bring something with wheels and make the very short trek yourself.

Car Camping
    Where do I have to park if I have a car camping pass?
    Car camping means that you have the ability to bring your car into the campgrounds and have it with you at your camp. There is not a separate area for people with car camping passes.

RV Camping
    Where do I go with my RV?
    RV passes allow you to park at the RV Hookups that are on site. The RVs will not be stacked next to each other the way they were in previous LIBs but more like a traditional campground. RV placers will direct you to your site when you arrive and they will try and work with you to enable you to be near other friends in RVs whenever possible. They will also reach out via email to provide more info on what can be expected upon arrival.

Will my friends who are not staying in my RV be able to camp with or near us?
    There is additional space around the RV spots so additional tents and even car camping passes can join you. This is not guaranteed but the space is there so try and arrive together or message your friends to let them know where you are.

Campgrounds
    How do I find my friends when I'm at the festival?
    All of the campgrounds will be named so you can coordinate with your friends to find out where you want to camp. There is cell service at this venue so meeting up shouldn't be too difficult. We will put a detailed map on our website prior to the festival so you will be able to try and plan ahead.

Can I save space for my camp mates?
    There is no "land grabbing" once you arrive in the campgrounds. Its popular for people to bring caution tape to block off space for their friends and this is not fair to all of the LIB participants so our campground managers will remove it. If you're just saving a small spot for a friend or two just kindly speak with other attendees that may want to try and set up there as well.

How much space do we get for our campsite?
    There is also no specific allotment of space when you buy a car camping or full weekend pass. It is encouraged to only use what is reasonable for you and your camp mates. As always be prepared to make friends with new neighbors who will be in or next to your camp.

Will there be a Family Camping area again this year?
    Yes we will have a dedicated area for Family Camping.

What do I do with my trash after the festival?
    LIB is a "Leave it better, Leave it Beautiful" event. That means that you take your trash out with you and help us leave the venue better then when you arrived. This isn't the kind of festival where you trash the place and rely on festival staff to pick it up for you. LIB tries to create awareness and encourage people to take care of the communities that they live in and the planet they live on.
    The best way to do this is to plan ahead and bring as little trash as possible. There will be helpful tips on our full website after it is launched.
    2012 2013

Imagine what Coachella could do with a "Pack in, pack out" mind set.

So much trash on the camp grounds.

Are you a big fan of Lightning in a Bottle and The Do LaB? Are you well-connected, driven and eager to help spread the word to people who share a love for art, music, community and sustainability?

If so, we need your help to get the word out about LIB in ___________.

All team members will be asked to complete 30 "tasks" in 6 weeks. A task can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. All applicants must be 18+.

All our team members earn a ticket to Lightning in a Bottle, but more importantly, you will be taking an active role in the amazing movement that we are all a part of as well as helping making this the best LIB yet!

Fill out the form and let us know why you want to join our team, and what special talents and skills you have that make you the right team mate!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/lightn...23439294339192
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

just a reminder -

REGULAR ON SALE NEXT MONDAY MARCH 18th..

I want a car camping pass!
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Are you a big fan of Lightning in a Bottle and The Do LaB? Are you well-connected, driven and eager to help spread the word to people who share a love for art, music, community and sustainability?

If so, we need your help to get the word out about LIB in ___________.

All team members will be asked to complete 30 "tasks" in 6 weeks. A task can be anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour. All applicants must be 18+.

All our team members earn a ticket to Lightning in a Bottle, but more importantly, you will be taking an active role in the amazing movement that we are all a part of as well as helping making this the best LIB yet!

Fill out the form and let us know why you want to join our team, and what special talents and skills you have that make you the right team mate!

http://www.facebook.com/notes/lightn...23439294339192
    This is a cool idea, I'm going to fill it out when I get a chance.

LiB is just too damn expensive, so I'm not going this year unless I get free passes.