Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightning in a Bottle 2013

Default Lightning in a Bottle 2013

New location, new dates, new thread...

Lightning in a Bottle 2013 will take place July 11-15

http://lightninginabottle.org/2013/

Last edited by Coachella Bound; 04-19-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Default Re: Lightning in a Bottle 2013

It's going to be hot as fuck, now that it's in July and in Temecula.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

starting to really look forward to this.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    Austin City Limits (weekend 1)

So where did people see the 12 a.m. curfew thing?

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    So where did people see the 12 a.m. curfew thing?
    Just random people saying it on FB. One person lived right by there and heard it. I'll try and find it and send a screen shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Just random people saying it on FB. One person lived right by there and heard it. I'll try and find it and send a screen shot.
    Thanks man, that worries me.

It's pretty fucked that camping doesn't come with the pass like in year's past.

Most likely a really stupid question... I have never been. What is tier 1-3?
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    When you buy your pass. Earlier being cheaper
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

ah. That makes sense.
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

I live in Temecula and can confirm that the other "music" festival that's held there stops playing music by 10pm, but that's a much different
    crowd. the area that LiB is planning to use really isn't all that close to homes. Temecula proper has a noise curfew at 10pm but Skinner is technically unincorporated area of Riverside County. we'll have to see how it goes as we get closer.

Quote Originally Posted by ENluv12 View Post
    those are for the discounted passes. the first several will be tier 1 prices, the next batch would be tier 2 and the final presale batch would be tier 3 prices. after that it goes to the general onsale prices

does that mean you want to go with me
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I live in Temecula and can confirm that the other "music" festival that's held there stops playing music by 10pm, but that's a much different
    crowd. the area that LiB is planning to use really isn't all that close to homes. Temecula proper has a noise curfew at 10pm but Skinner is technically unincorporated area of Riverside County. we'll have to see how it goes as we get closer.

those are for the discounted passes. the first several will be tier 1 prices, the next batch would be tier 2 and the final presale batch would be tier 3 prices. after that it goes to the general onsale prices

does that mean you want to go with me
    ACTUALLY.... Bert will most likely be gone that week for Vb which leaves me WIDE OPEN hehe

well then, perfect! A girlfriend and I are already pretty much committed to going since it's so close to us. Even though I live about 10 miles from the fest and she lives about 4 miles away we're definitely planning to camp there, but we may sneak away here and there to go home and have a real shower or grab some food. of course you'd totally be welcome to camp/stay with us!! we were even thinking about doing the RV thing, but it depends on how many people we can convince to go.

on that note, I'm guessing it's fine to leave the venue/camping area and come back in throughout the day? and do car camping passes work the same as coachella (per car, not per person)?
    2012 2013 2014

Sweet! let me run it by him and I am totally down! As you know, I have been wanting to camp at a festival but he never does so this will give me a chance!

Official newsletter from LiB/Do Lab -

As you may have heard, Lightning in a Bottle is most definitely happening in 2013! Now that everything is confirmed, we're bursting with excitement to say, LIB has a beautiful new home! (We've had to wait until our new location was confirmed before making any official announcements -Sorry for the delay!) The Lightning in a Bottle Festival will now be the best thing that ever happened to Lake Skinner in Temecula, California. LIB is also changing dates to July 11th - 15th (more on that below). We are so excited to invite you all to an even more beautiful location surrounded by a big blue lake, majestic Southern California mountains, and more lush green grass than ever before! Lake Skinner is a hidden gem of Southern California and we feel very lucky to call it our new home. Besides the beautiful views, the new location is more compact, so even though there is more open space, it's all closer together and easier to navigate. It also features full RV hook-ups and a significantly more comfortable camping experience.

There will once again be 3 main stages along with tons of smaller stages and interactive areas spread throughout the festival grounds for you to explore and discover. These smaller stages and interactive areas will keep the dancing and festivities going all night long after the main stages close each night. Also, to beat the heat, we have plenty of daytime water areas and features planned to keep you cool, just like our oasis stage at Coachella.

still no official word on curfew.

Pricing -

*The Rush-N-Get-Em discount presale will be available for 48 hours from 2/12/2013 at 10am until 2/14/2013 at 10am.

FULL WEEKEND PASS

Tier 1

$195

Tier 2

$215

Tier 3

$225

Car Camping Pass

$95

RV Camping Pass
    (includes full RV hookups!)

$350
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Dirtybird night in the woogie please.

just give me Maceo, Lee, and Bonobo..... and I will go.

Skinner is a little bit of a hidden gem, but I hope they cut the grass before the fest since it's usually really long and you feel like you need a machete after a few hours of walking through. although, looking back that might be because of all the wine, haha
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Litoris View Post
    It's going to be hot as fuck, now that it's in July and in Temecula.
    THIS.

Ho ho ho, no securing the old venue and a later date! Guess that's what you get for trying to cash in on consciousness!

You say securing as if they had a choice.

Thanks man, that worries me.

It's pretty fucked that camping doesn't come with the pass like in year's past.
    I'm pretty sure that it's the same as ever. Camping comes with the ticket price. CAR or RV camping is more. Car Camping lets you park your CAR at your camping spot. Otherwise you need to shuttle over (with your gear) to your campsite from the parking lot.

I tweeted LiB and they confirmed that there will be a Family Camp this year. For those of us with little ones.
    Joseph Elwell.
    99, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 12, 13, 13

rush in a get em passes tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by jelwell View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's the same as ever. Camping comes with the ticket price. CAR or RV camping is more. Car Camping lets you park your CAR at your camping spot. Otherwise you need to shuttle over (with your gear) to your campsite from the parking lot.
    I'm not sure if I should get a car camping pass or just carry all of my stuff. Veterans, what would you recommend?
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    rush in a get em passes tomorrow!

I'm not sure if I should get a car camping pass or just carry all of my stuff. Veterans, what would you recommend?
    Are we still going together, Beth

? I got the time off approved... I will go in on car camping with you if you want to. Doesn't matter to me

we better be!

I just don't know which has the better atmosphere. I'd prefer not to have to carry all of my stuff to the campsite, but if regular camping is the better experience I'd prefer that and I'll just have to leave some stuff at home. I think we already have like 5 or 6 people in our spot counting you
    2012 2013 2014

I say let's car camp it if it is going to be about the same. What I am wondering is should we get more than one camping spot and go in together (saying it works the same as Coachella?)

I'd definitely prefer car camping, at least logistically. having a couple spots could be nice too, but I have no idea how any of that works at LiB.
    2012 2013 2014

well shoot. Can anyone offer some incite? Tickets go on sale this week and would like to know before hand.

I've decided that I'm getting a car camping pass just to be better safe than sorry. from what I can tell, they sell out pretty quick!

you should pick one up too, Jacy! I'm sure we can sell the extra or both if we don't need them.
    2012 2013 2014

When I went to this for the first time last year I met some great people and was exposed to a culture surrounding some great music and positive vibes. I really enjoyed my experience, but with that said the ticket prices are ridiculous to me.

All in the name of expanding consciousness I guess...
    They spend all the extra funds on the kid's crafts.

looks like car camping and general camping were in the same area last year and I assume that's how it will be this year too.
    2012 2013 2014

sweet! I will get one tomorrow! yay!!!

Beth, I am so excited to camp with you, but I will need pointers. I have never camped before (at a music fest) and I know you have some experience