Thread: Are Car-camping passes reallly Non-transferable??

Default Are Car-camping passes reallly Non-transferable??

I was unable to add a car-camping pass this yr and looked on the website to add it to my order but they have sold out.

I was wondering if I could just buy a car-camping pass (via friend or online).. however it says that they are non-transferable, meaning that you can't just sell it person to person. Is this true? I know last year they sent my car-camping pass separate from the actual wristband/box so I'm not sure if they're linked in any sort of way.
    Answers will be appreciated I just don't want to spend a grand on hotels and such.

Default Re: Are Car-camping passes reallly Non-transferable??

Yes. They have to be scanned with the ticket they were purchased with.
    Coachella - 2003, 2010, 2011, 2012
    Fun Fun Fun Fest - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
    ACL - 2011

Cheapest solution: 1. find somebody to adopt you at their site & 2. obtain a companion car pass (these are not tied to any wristband).
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Is this new? I bought a car camping pass on ebay the week before coachella 11 and got in with no problem

when are they scanned? Before they send them out or right when you get there? Last yr there was no way of checking to see if my camping pass was linked with my wristband..I just think they say that so people won't switch and or sell them? Guess i have to switch wristbands and pay more for a pass

Same problem here. Last year didnt get tickets the day they went on sale so had to buy off craigslist. Strangely enough though there was still car camping tickets available one week before the fest. I bought a car camping and added it to the persons account who i bought the tickets from. Hours on hold and transfered many times i was told i needed the person who bought the tickets credit card numbers last 4 digits. The person was nice enough to actually give me the digits and i paid for the camping pass with my own credit card. When i picked the pass up at will call on thurs they told me i needed the id for the original ticket purchaser even though the actual car camping was bought with my card and under my name. 5 min of arguing and asking for manager and making it clear i wasnt leaving without the camping pass they finally gave it to me. god it was a fucking shit show pain in the ass. SO now this year i have my tickets but wasnt able to get a car camping and now i am on the other end of the bullshit again now trying to buy a car camping pass again. Are they selling less car camping spots this year or what cause it doesnt make sense that they sold out tix faster last year and had car camping for months after and this year the car camping was first to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jae_nl View Post
    when are they scanned? Before they send them out or right when you get there? Last yr there was no way of checking to see if my camping pass was linked with my wristband..I just think they say that so people won't switch and or sell them? Guess i have to switch wristbands and pay more for a pass
    sorry forgot to add but they DID scan my pass and car camping when we entered on thurs night. No one checked yours?

lol we're screwed
    and maybe I dont remember..they might have scanned it with a radar gun thing but im not sure.

I'm still not 100% convinced that camping is sold out so I wouldn't rush to purchase anything from anyone especially since they don't have the camping pass to sell you in the first place. give frontgate a call next week and see if you can add one.

that said, last year it seemed like it was enforced pretty loosely, but it was definitely the rule that the camping pass had to be a part of the wristband. seems like they will crack down on it even more this year. you can probably swap wristbands along with purchasing the camping pass from someone and get in fine though since they don't check names.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

if I remember right, they scan your wrist band first and then the camping pass. they scanned someone in my car first and then asked if that was the wristband attached to my camping pass and when I said it wasn't, they asked to scan my wristband next.
    2012 2013 2014

Actually I was wondering about this myself. I bought a car camping space because I thought I'd need it, since I didn't want to spend extra money on a hotel but I might end up carpooling and staying in someone else's camp so I might not end up needing mine. I can't exactly refund the pass far as i know, but I can't sell it either...what can I do with my camping pass if I don't end up needing it? I'd preferably like to get my $80 back out of it. Only thing I can think of is finding some people who wanna buy the space, check in with them at the grounds, and then just head out to the other camp after we get the space. Is this the only solution for extra camping passes?

Yes. They ARE connected.

Last year I rode down in 1 car with some friends (Mark, Mike, Bill). We met up with a bunch of folks who all rolled in with 5 cars but only 4 car camping passes. I gave my car camping pass to the car missing a pass.

2 hrs later after we get shit faced waiting for our car to be searched we are driving into camp. All we had to do was get the car camping pass scanned and we'd be good. Luckily the car I gave my pass to was ahead of us. The lady scanned both wristbands in the car and told them neither matched the car camping sticker. I hoped out of the car I was in and drunkenly climbed into their cab. The lady scanned my wristband and then said we were good to go.

So once again, THE CAR CAMPING PASSES ARE CONNECTED TO THE WRISTBANDS THEY WERE PURCHASED WITH.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

One of the guys in my group bought a camping spot off ebay last year. it was impossible for the tickets to be linked with any of the wristbands in our group yet somehow we got through fine. still confused about how they are enforcing this.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    Actually I was wondering about this myself. I bought a car camping space because I thought I'd need it, since I didn't want to spend extra money on a hotel but I might end up carpooling and staying in someone else's camp so I might not end up needing mine. I can't exactly refund the pass far as i know, but I can't sell it either...what can I do with my camping pass if I don't end up needing it? I'd preferably like to get my $80 back out of it. Only thing I can think of is finding some people who wanna buy the space, check in with them at the grounds, and then just head out to the other camp after we get the space. Is this the only solution for extra camping passes?
    Which weekend? I am willing to meet up with you to exchange wristbands+ give you cash for the car camping pass/meet up in Indio.

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    I'm still not 100% convinced that camping is sold out so I wouldn't rush to purchase anything from anyone especially since they don't have the camping pass to sell you in the first place. give frontgate a call next week and see if you can add one.

that said, last year it seemed like it was enforced pretty loosely, but it was definitely the rule that the camping pass had to be a part of the wristband. seems like they will crack down on it even more this year. you can probably swap wristbands along with purchasing the camping pass from someone and get in fine though since they don't check names.
    Yeah last year some were strict others weren't but if you swap passes with the camping you'll be fine. Last year my friend sold them seperate and we all got there at the same time anyway so he hopped into the other person's car to get them in and won carpoolchella vip for life. so that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccabeltz View Post
    Which weekend? I am willing to meet up with you to exchange wristbands+ give you cash for the car camping pass/meet up in Indio.
    i thought you had to have your wristband on before you even arrive at the festival? They make it sound like there's going to be a checkpoint before you even get to the grounds at least lol. What about the registration and stuff? Would there no be issues? Not sure if you can just up and exchange bands or what you gotta do lol.
    Oh and it's for weekend 2 and I'm still not sure. I just like to know far ahead of time y'know?

i thought you had to have your wristband on before you even arrive at the festival? They make it sound like there's going to be a checkpoint before you even get to the grounds at least lol. What about the registration and stuff? Would there no be issues? Not sure if you can just up and exchange bands or what you gotta do lol.
    Oh and it's for weekend 2 and I'm still not sure. I just like to know far ahead of time y'know?
    it sounds like that every year, but I've never had anyone check before I was entering the camp grounds

i thought you had to have your wristband on before you even arrive at the festival? They make it sound like there's going to be a checkpoint before you even get to the grounds at least lol.
    you have to show your wristband to get passed the 1 mile police perimeter check, but the wristbands are not scanned at that time. the police are just trying to limit who can enter the perimeter of the extended festival grounds.

What about the registration and stuff? Would there no be issues? Not sure if you can just up and exchange bands or what you gotta do lol.
    registration has no bearing on the pass itself, it's merely a feature to link it to your facebook or use the social features of the website and rfid checkins.
    2012 2013 2014

PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Well if there's anybody with a camping pass they don't need I will happily buy it off you and we can switch wristbands or do whatever it takes. I'm desperately in search of a camping pass. I have a group of friends going but not enough camping spots to hold us all. Let me know. Also I have a shuttle pass I don't need so if you want that you can have it.

for those asking about my POSSIBLY unneeded pass, it's for week 2

Has anyone run into the problem of having a purchased camping pass that isn't linked to any of the wristbands and not being allowed to camp? I feel like if you have a car full of wristbands and a legitimate camping pass, they wont tell you that you can't camp. If this has happened to someone then maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've read it seems like they'll just give you shit and let you camp anyways.

@korbinn yess I'm going weekend 2 keep me in mind if you want to sell your camping pass we might have to switch tho

Quote Originally Posted by raspberryrob View Post
    Has anyone run into the problem of having a purchased camping pass that isn't linked to any of the wristbands and not being allowed to camp? I feel like if you have a car full of wristbands and a legitimate camping pass, they wont tell you that you can't camp. If this has happened to someone then maybe I'm wrong, but from what I've read it seems like they'll just give you shit and let you camp anyways.
    Yeah. My friend has my car camping pass and I was not in his car and they wouldn't let him go in. I had to go to his car and scan my wristband.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by gswhooper View Post
    Yeah. My friend has my car camping pass and I was not in his car and they wouldn't let him go in. I had to go to his car and scan my wristband.

Well I had a group of three last year (weekend 2) and none of us had a wristband connected to the camping pass. Security let us drive right on into the campgrounds, for realz.

So whats going on Coachella? You just fucking with the people to make it difficult or are the security just lazy and not giving a fuck? I mean c'mon for realzy though i mean doe.

Eh, maybe they don't care about weekend 2 because its not kewl !

I was worried about this last year so I called front gate and the lady assured me that they aren't really connected, They just said they were as a anti scalping tactic. There's a 50% chance that the pass I used matched my wristband.
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

i didn't even go into the campground last year in the car that had my camping pass on it. got in just fine