Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: whos going from the UK??

Down the fuckin' Volly with Tommy, playing pool. I'm playing like Paul-fuckin'-Newman by the way.

Default Re: whos going from the UK??

5th Coachella this year for Mrs DA and me. Travelling from Ayrshire ('mon the biff)
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Quote Originally Posted by CBPodge View Post
    At least you don't need to worry about missing the FA Cup Semi-Final...
    Lulz.

Noticed you're coming from Manc, Podge. Red or blue?

Without wanting to sound presumptuous but I second the question about the drugs. Is it like at raves back in the day back home where there are literally pills changing hands everywhere and it's just a matter of asking someone or do you have to know someone? Just curious of course, I have no interest in popping anything myself wibble wobble warble....

I'm Irish rather than British but have lived in Salford for years and will be traveling from NYC for this with my missus. We're both popping our Coacherries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozza View Post
    Without wanting to sound presumptuous but I second the question about the drugs. Is it like at raves back in the day back home where there are literally pills changing hands everywhere and it's just a matter of asking someone or do you have to know someone? Just curious of course, I have no interest in popping anything myself wibble wobble warble....
    careful, there are quite a few undercover cops, especially in and around the sahara tent (the electronic music stage). do not buy anything or sell anything from anyone you have just met. but dont worry you will not have a hard time finding that which you seek.

Quote Originally Posted by thizzin my brains out View Post
    careful, there are quite a few undercover cops, especially in and around the sahara tent (the electronic music stage). do not buy anything or sell anything from anyone you have just met. but dont worry you will not have a hard time finding that which you seek.
    post of thread! not only informative but makes buying drugs sounud like an epic adventure. I accept the quest

What's all this then!!!! You scally waggers... Another Brit Brit here, Cheerio my frisbee isn't it.

I hope your right! Question though.................how can you not buy off someone you have just met? I think this works differently in the states!

2 of us heading over from Manchester for week 2 - First time, cant wait.

Hi guys. I'm coming over from Ireland for weekend 2. It will be my first Coachella so I'm just wondering what you guys usually do for ticket delivery. I didn't see a will call option when ordering but I have seen that it's available. At the moment I'm down to get them sent to me in Ireland but I just wanted to check if anyone has ever has any issues with late delivery etc. I leave for California on the 15th April....

Down the fuckin' Volly with Tommy, playing pool. I'm playing like Paul-fuckin'-Newman by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jnthnbyl View Post
    Hi guys. I'm coming over from Ireland for weekend 2. It will be my first Coachella so I'm just wondering what you guys usually do for ticket delivery. I didn't see a will call option when ordering but I have seen that it's available. At the moment I'm down to get them sent to me in Ireland but I just wanted to check if anyone has ever has any issues with late delivery etc. I leave for California on the 15th April....
    There was a postal cock up in 2011 (I think it was that year) which meant tickets/wristbands which were supposed to be posted outside North America had to be collected at Will Call. Communication about the issue was fine i.e. weeks in advance but no refunds for the postage paid at point of purchase was annoying. Last year it was Will Call only for orders outside North America.

Compared UK festivals its a pretty slick operation overall.
    Dede' Arneaux

I didn't see an international shipping option last year (I see above that there wasn't one although a few kids on our plane seemed to have theirs already) so we had to deal with will call and it was a bloody nightmare for us... Because we had to pick up our shuttle passes too we had to wait for a guy in a run around van to drive us to will call. We were left waiting for over 4 hours on the side of the road at the Desert Fashion Plaza in the rain - turns out he had gone home between trips to will call! So we finally got our bands and passes but they had run out of the packaging for them so we missed out on the cool box and stuff which was a bit deflating after a month of seeing people posting their pictures but not a big deal.

In the end, we left our hotel around 11am, got to the main stage in time for Arctic Monkeys at 6.20pm. If the rest of the experience of the festival hadn't been so awesome that might have ruined it for us! Am looking forward to having my wristband on my wrist when I get on that plane at Heathrow this year though (fingers crossed).

looks like we are going to need to fins somewhere to watch Everton then! anyone know of somewhere we can?

Quote Originally Posted by badabingbilly View Post
    looks like we are going to need to fins somewhere to watch Everton then! anyone know of somewhere we can?
    What time will kick off be (local time)?

It will be a tough decision whether to try and watch it or not.

7/8 am

Lurker

Another Brit on the way to his 1st Coachella. I'm a blue (Ipswich) - lets not dwell on that please.
    Going with my little bro' from Carlsbad.
    We are jocks, and drink a lot.
    I don't imagine SkyGo works in the US for Toffees?
    23 Jan 13 - The Joy Formidable
    26 Mar 13 - Eels
    19-21 Apr 13 - Coachella 2
    25 May 13 - Muse
    18-21 July 13 - Latitude
    28 Nov 13 - Sigur Rós

4 of us heading over from Manchester.

Lurker

14 of us coming over, mixed back though. Some Manchester and others Newcastle & London! Bring it on

2014 is 6 in a row for me
    Dede' Arneaux

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Dede' Arneaux View Post
    2014 is 6 in a row for me
    First timer, Weekend 2.

Will be staying in Palm Springs from Monday 14th and then car camping for the weekend.

Yup - year 3 for me

British people are awesome to hang out with at the camp grounds. No one can stay up late drinking with me.

who needs drinking buddies for weekend 2????

Yep, heading over for the first time this year, weekend 2.