Pretty Lights 7/10
    Jamie Jones 9/10

Would see again
    Paul Oakenfold 5.5/10
    Mimosa 7/10
    Joris Voorn 7/10

Pass
    La Roux 4/10
    James Blake 1/10 (But this was a DJ Set, I will go and see his live show to see if its better)
    Excision 3/10
    Hardwell 2/10
    Adrian Lux 0.000001/10

Stoked for
    Wu-Tang Clan
    James Blake
    Disclosure
    Julio Bashmore

Default Re: Rate The 2013 Acts You've Already Seen As Live Performers

Must See
    FOALS
    Sigur Ros

Great
    Bassnectar
    Passion Pit
    Tegan & Sara
    Jake Bugg
    Beardyman
    Two Door Cinema Club
    Yeasayer
    Gaslight Anthem
    Paul Oakenfold

Meh
    Metric
    Stars
    Major Lazer
    Fedde Le Grand
    Janelle Monae
    Pretty Lights

Awful
    Social Distortion

This thread is too good not to contribute to. I'm actually pleasntly surprised by how few bands I've seen on the bill and would have never planned on going to see Franz Ferdinand...so thanks everyone.

God Status
    Sigur Ros - What hasn't been said about these guys already. Saw them at the Hollywood Cemetery and had HIGH expectations from their reputation. They exceeded it. Who does that?

4 Star Generals
    Metric - Go see Emily and fall in love with her already. So much energy, the new album is a little more chill but the older stuff rocks and she is relentless with the crowd. She won't let you leave without having a good time.

Two Door Cinema Club - Saw them in 11 and was blown away by the energy in the crowd. Their fans LOVE their material and have a great time listening to it being played. It's infectious and they were in my top 5 favorite sets in 11.

Phoenix - Their 10 set was probably my favorite of that year. There's no frills or jamming going on here. They sound so close to their live recordings I almost wanna call a Milli Vanilli on them. Love Like a Sunset is magical. I'm not concerned about them headlining at all.

Hot Chip - Unlike Phoenix these guys don't sound exactly like their recordings. But it's not a bad thing. I've seen them 3 times now and I've always had a good time at their show. Lots of dancing, lots of hits.

3 Stars
    FOALS - I knew nothing about them in 11 and watched them before FOSTER and the People came on. It was good stuff. REALLY good stuff. If I knew the material then they probably would be a low 4 star for me.

Modest Mouse - I hate putting them as a 3, but I've seen them twice and once was atrocious. First time was absolutely epic as they closed with a 10 minute jam out version of Spitting Venom. The second, about six months later, was all over the place. I'm a big fan so I'll definitely check them out for a bit.

Passion Pit - I'm not going to be as hard as everyone. I saw them in 10 and it was a good time. We were fairly close so I'm sure the energy rubbed off. I then saw them open for Muse at Staples and it was one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Muse coming on after with 80 foot light towers didn't help their case either. The third time was at the Palladium and it wasn't bad. Pretty good actually. Shit then I just realized I saw them again at the Hollywood Bowl opening for Hot Chip and they sucked haha. Maybe they should be a two star now that I think about it. The new record is pretty good but it doesn't translate live well at all. And his voice was WEAK WEAK at the Bowl.

Man I'm so pumped for Coachella now!

AWESOME
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hot Chip, Sigur Ros, Franz Ferdinand, Pretty Lights

GREAT
    Jurassic 5, Simian Mobile Disco, Ritchie Hawtin, Vampire Weekend, The Faint, Roni Size

GOOD
    Four Tet, Infected Mushroom, Phoenix, The XX, Grizzly Bear, New Order, Moby, Yeasayer, Portugal the Man, Booka Shade, Tame Impala, Father John Misty

OK
    Bassnectar, Wolfgang Gartner, Jason Bentley, La Roux, Tanlines

PASS
    Red Hot Chili Peppers, Paul Oakenfold
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

I saw Booka Shade and Disclosure this week. I would say both of them are can't miss acts unless there is a serious conflict. Something about live electronic music is just so impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    We've found it. We've found the worst post on the internet.

Lets see my take...

Blur (x3)- were much harder than i expected them to be. This was for the album Blur. Wish I saw them on The Great Escape tour. Wasn't into their music after this album so now sure what they would still play live.
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs (x6)- always great and Karen O's energy is admirable.
    Modest Mouse- Saw them once at the Palace/Avalon and was very impressed by them, but they played "Trailer Trash" so i was happy and didnt care about anything else.
    Band Of Horses- in my book were pretty boring live. The record was just as good.
    Beach House- So much better live than on record in my opinion. So I don't hate on them as much as I used to. I'd rather the record suck than the live show.
    Metric (x2)- Saw them at the El Rey and was pretty disappointed with the setlist and pacing. Thought they needed some time (but this was on their first album), saw them again at Coachella a few years later and had improved a lot and would consider seeing them again this year.
    Phoenix- one of the more impressive sets at their last coachella.
    Sigur Ros (x2)- saw them at the Joint in vegas and have a feeling I was screwed out of a good was. Wasnt impressed but I know they were upset with the venue. Saw them at Coachella in 06 and enjoyed it so I will need to give them another shot.
    New Order- cant give a fair assessment, it was 1993, i was there more for X than anything. Though it was the only show i have been to at the Hollywood Bowl where people run from their seat to the bathroom and back.
    Hot Chip (x2)- pretty good band, enjoyed what i Heard in 08. I enjoyed that more than the show at the Echo, I think I like shows in big venues.
    Grizzly Bear (x2)- the most boring fucking band i have ever seen, fell asleep at two of their shows and one time i was even standing up.
    Yeasayer (x2)- i think i agree with what most have said on here about Yeasayer.
    Violent Femmes- Was never a fan of their music in high school, though all my friends were. They used to play in the 805 every couple ofmonths but i would stay home. Finally saw them at a KROQ Flashback to the Future show and was very impressed by them.
    Cafe Tacvba (x2) saw them open for beck and was amazed, but every since then i have checked out their coachella sets and not been impressed.
    Bat For Lashes (x2)- great live. much more energy than i expected. I didnt know how she would translate from a club to a festival but she was one of the better sets at OSL09.
    Dropkick Murphys (x3)- cant help but to enjoy a good dose of these guys once in a while, but if something else is going on, sorry boys.
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- Only saw them at Lollapalooza 1991 and they were great, but they were relevant then.
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds (x4)- saw him three times at the Wiltern and loved it, but dont nkow how he will translate to festival, as he wasnt well received at Lollapalooza 94 but then he wasnt a hot bandwagon to hop.
    Vampire Weekend (x3)- always fun, how can you not have fun with these coke out yuppies?
    Social Distortion (x11)- saw them numerous times between 1992-1997, last time i saw them i realized they played the same set the last four times i saw them and was over it. Cigarettes have murdered his voice.
    Dead Can Dance- amazing live. Saw them at the hollywood bowl. the crowd was so enraptured when there was silence and breaks between Lisa Gerrard a capella you could hear a pin drop. That is amazing for a packed hollywood bowl.
    the Faint (x2)- eh its the faint.

thanks 4 contributing