This will be a mostly dance music guide, because well, I don't ever really see "bands" outside Coachella

Jamie Jones - the man
Loco Dice - the myth
Richie Hawtin - the legend

Simian Mobile Disco - they don't even look at the crowd and have great command, all about the music. they're up there tinkering away and it's sort of mesmerizing to watch. techno sweat fest
Seth Troxler - phenomenal stage presence
Disclosure - show at the El Rey was great, expect them to take it to another level and more guest vocalists

DJ Harvey - no one mixes records like harvey
Hot Chip - always fun and a great catalogue of tracks
Booka Shade - their music when performed live has an ethereal feel to it, really fun to watch them play
The Faint - dance-a-thon even the rock kids can wiggle to
Dog Blood - while i didn't see an "official" dog blood set, i saw BN and skrillex do a b2b techno set and IT WAS AWESOME so i expect much of the same maybe with some fancy production to spice things up a bit

Moby - masterful DJ and high energy electro jams
Jamie xx - pheonomenal track selection
Dropkick Murphy's - if only they were playing in the beer garden, this would be a 10
Baauer - knock the whole 'EDM trap' train all you want, this is trap done right
Birdy Nam Nam - saw them in a dingy club in berlin, was really fun
Eric Prydz - euphoric progressive house at its finest
Grimes - love watching her on stage, hard not to have a good time
Maya Jane Coles - grab a dance partner and get sensual

Wolfgang Gartner - new live set-up is pretty cool, nothing special musically anymore though
Dillon Francis - high energy, the kids will be going apeshit for this and there's bound to be some tithes
Julio Bashmore - wasn't impressed with his mixing when i saw him, but awesome tunes
Joris Voorn - sort of run of the mill tech house mixing for me

Major Lazer - some of the set will be great, some of it will be unbearable. haven't seen them since switch left
Theophilus London - not awful, not great, meh
Dirtyphonics - four dudes doing some cool live stuff with midi controllers and samplers if you can handle the electro

Bassnectar - whole set sort of sounds the same to me, nothing moving
Tommy Trash - generic
Fedde Le Grand - outdated
Bingo Players - see tommy trash
Pretty Lights - see bass nectar
Adrian Lux - see bingo players

Infected Mushroom - 6 years ago i had a really fun time seeing them in a 500 person venue, granted i was in college and nearly blacked out. would consider checking it out to see the new stage set-up
Nicky Romero - see adrian lux
Benny Benassi - benny is really hit or miss, the last time i saw him in NYC he played the skrillex remix of cinema twice and got on the mic to apologize the second time
Kill The Noise - used to be a all-star caliber DJ, can still mix really well, but hopped on the dubstep train at the right time
Jason Bentley - no idea what to expect of him, saw him years ago and it was laughable
Paul Oakenfold - why am i writing about this

Excision - can't handle more than 20 minutes of it at once
Knife Party - most generic dubstep/electro set you'll ever hear. beatport top 10 anthems for an hour, shoot me now

Hardwell - trainwreck after trainwreck at electric zoo last year

Wu-Tang Clan - too many dudes yelling into mics at once, as the son of a sound engineer it made me want to strangle everyone within 500 yards, which is particularly depressing because i fucking love wu-tang and it put a really bad taste in my mouth. saw red and meth by themselves years ago, and that was great, but say no to the Wu