Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conflictchella 2013: Your Greatest Fears

Default Re: Conflictchella 2013: Your Greatest Fears

Stone roses/yeah yeah yeahs/lou reed/jurrasic 5

Most of these fears are going to be realized, i'm sorry to say. Happens every year. They want to spread people out as much as possible and cut down on entire audiences moving from one show to another show together, all at once. Best advice I can give is to pick 1 or two sets a day you have to see all of, and then just catch four or five songs of the others. Or just give up entirely on trying to see anyone and wander around. Or take the drugs of your choice and let someone else decide where you are going to go and what you are going to see...this works well too. :-) If you are a nervous wreck all day thinking about everything you are missing, you are doing it wrong in my opinion. Fear and regret should not be a part of the experience...
    Last edited by themule; 02-08-2013 at 11:10 AM.

I'm afraid of Saturday
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

Simian Mobile Disco and 2 Chainz

Tegan & Sara/Metric/Lou Reed/Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    anything could happen

Basically everything on Saturday night. SMD, Booka Shade, Richie Hawtin, XX, Postal Service, Sigur Ros, Phoenix, New Order, Hot Chip, Yeasayer.... I have already come to the realization that I will be lucky to see half of these.

Aesop rock vs dam-funk

El-p vs dropkick murphys

Red hot chilli peppers vs taking a shit/ sleeping in my tent because I got work in the morning/ masterbating in the porta pottie

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

Oh and... Action Bronson vs cafe tacvba
    Last edited by christheshark; 02-10-2013 at 10:35 AM.

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

YYY v MM
    postal service v sigur ros v grizzly bear
    BoH v Japandroids v metric v passion pit
    2door v franz ferdinand
    Ghost v DIIV

please dont. please.

themule's advice is very good, have one or two "must-sees" but don't agonize over the ones that got away or force yourself into seeing something just because you planned it. One of my best Coachella experiences of all happened when Bjork was headlining in '07, my friend and I decided a couple songs in that, yeah we love Bjork and it was a really innovative show but hey let's check out Gogol Bordello in the tent. Don't regret that for a second. My only Coachella regrets are Sly-fuckingcrackhead-Stone related...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    YYY v MM
    postal service v sigur ros v grizzly bear
    BoH v Japandroids v metric v passion pit
    2door v franz ferdinand
    Ghost v DIIV

please dont. please.
    MM
    Sigur Ros
    Japandroids
    Franz
    Ghost

There ya go.
    10/18 - Nas - Orpheum
    10/22 - TV on the Radio - Fonda
    10/24 - Warhol - Royce Hall
    10/28 - Ben Frost/Tim Hecker - Los Globos
    11/05 - Pissed Jeans - Los Globos (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Thought the same thing when Sigur Ros headlined Outside Lands. My unwarranted assumptions were shattered by the time they hit the stage. It was probably one of the most intense music experiences I've ever had.
    Agreed, I sympathize with those who were at Metallica for they missed one of the most magical sets I've ever seen
    Aw but you failed grasshopper. I watched Metallica from the pit and crowd surfed and watched one of the greats in metal and eleven songs into the set we left to watch Sigur Ros and we got an awesome view from the left side of the stage sitting on the slope and watched the last four songs of their set. You may now weep.

My hope is all you RHCP haters back up your words and not show up Sun night at the main stage...in fact all of you can beat the traffic and go home...Please...Go...Home.

I know RHCP gets crazy hate on here but I've never seen them live and would like to catch at least some of their set. Def worried about late Sunday. WuTang/Pretty Lights and RHCP/Prydz or any other combination of them is gonna suck. Hoping to catch at least 3/4. If I had to choose it would be Pretty Lights and Prydz. I've seen WU before and I'm not missing Prydz after having to sell my tickets to see him in NYC on Thanksgiving Eve because I was sick. His set at Identity was my favorite of last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzzzzup928 View Post
    Is Xanman really big enough to sub?
    Is Motorave going to bring enough special guests with him?
    Is Nathan Fairchild's set going to be less awesome when I reflect back on it in a few months?
    Is Bumblebee's set going to consist of her just reading coachella facts for 50 mins?
    Is Guedita going to sound more like Karin O or Alice Glass?
    Is MJA going to be the first true EDM headliner?
    So many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by themule View Post
    Most of these fears are going to be realized, i'm sorry to say. Happens every year. They want to spread people out as much as possible and cut down on entire audiences moving from one show to another show together, all at once. Best advice I can give is to pick 1 or two sets a day you have to see all of, and then just catch four or five songs of the others. Or just give up entirely on trying to see anyone and wander around. Or take the drugs of your choice and let someone else decide where you are going to go and what you are going to see...this works well too. :-) If you are a nervous wreck all day thinking about everything you are missing, you are doing it wrong in my opinion. Fear and regret should not be a part of the experience...
    One of the best posts I've ever seen on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzzzzup928 View Post
    Is Xanman really big enough to sub?
    Is Motorave going to bring enough special guests with him?
    Is Nathan Fairchild's set going to be less awesome when I reflect back on it in a few months?
    Is Bumblebee's set going to consist of her just reading coachella facts for 50 mins?
    Is Guedita going to sound more like Karin O or Alice Glass?
    Is MJA going to be the first true EDM headliner?
    So many questions...

I don't think you're going to have to worry about Modest Mouse and Yeah Yeah Yeah's conflicting. They're more than likely both going to play on the main stage. YYY's played on the main stage in both '06 and '09. I really doubt Modest Mouse will play anywhere else other than Main Stage.

The real concern is Modest Mouse and Aesop Rock conflicting, that would be tragic.

Metric vs. Tegan & Sara…. clearly i'm THAT lesbian… in the best of ways

The only conflict that would drive me absolutely insane is Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. Blur. However, I'm almost positive YYY will be playing the main stage before the two headliners so I'm not terribly concerned. Other than that, I'm trying to remain open minded this year. Rather than having a list of "must sees" (which is what I usually do), I'm going to try to enjoy bands each day without worrying about who I might miss.

Quote Originally Posted by racheldonnelle View Post
    New Order vs. Postal Service. I am in deep conflict with my fourteen year-old self.
    new order. and thats not just my 29 year old self talking. seen both several times. no contest. Until they prove me wrong, every postal service performance i've seen hasn't translated...no matter how badly i've wanted it to. no reason to believe it will 8 years later. new order kills it every time.
    Last edited by themule; 02-12-2013 at 10:11 AM.

My greatest fear is, pretty much, Friday. All of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bemerritt View Post
    Booka Shade vs. Simian Mobile Disco
    I really don't see this happening. I feel like these two will be the final acts in the Mojave Saturday which makes the Sigur Ros/Hot Chip/Richie Hawtin even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    We've found it. We've found the worst post on the internet.

Blur/The Stone Roses vs. Grinderman. If it comes down to it I'm going mainly for Blur and The Stone Roses so it'd be them, but the idea of missing Grinderman's possible last performance sucks.

And the possibility of OMD conflicting with Grimes, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and Vampire Weekend
    Last edited by TheImportance; 02-12-2013 at 09:50 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead33 View Post
    The only conflict that would drive me absolutely insane is Yeah Yeah Yeahs vs. Blur.
    Won't YYYs do a zillion gigs over the next 12 months? Ditto those worried about Phoenix conflicts.

I live in Saskatchewan, the YYYs won't be travelling here.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead33 View Post
    I live in Saskatchewan, the YYYs won't be travelling here.
    Everything's a conflict for you except RCHP, Tegan/Sara, Stars and Metric.

I saw YYYs twice in 2009, yet they haven't played my local market of Vancouver in 7 years.

around when does coachella release the schedule so we can see the conflicts?

stone roses vs blur vs how to destroy angels
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Conflicts are gonna be deadly this year. My greatest fears each day ie. my top two bands each day:

Friday - Stone Roses vs. Jamie xx
    Saturday - New Order vs. Simian Mobile Disco
    Sunday - Wu Tang vs. Parov Stelar Band
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

Quote Originally Posted by jsong83 View Post
    around when does coachella release the schedule so we can see the conflicts?
    ITS A SURPRISE! schedule is posted a few days before the festival weekend one, usually Tuesday-ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

new order, hot chip, please