Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sonar 2013 and off Sonar events

Default Re: Sonar 2013 and off Sonar events

BTW, I wasn't trying to be a jerk. I just really don't think they compare.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I agree that they have little in common. Coachella overall is a better festival and provides much more value for your money, but you have to share it with 90,000 others. Sonar is much more focused, smaller, and a less conspicuous.

Anyone go to the mobile party last year at the Hotel Diagonal? That shit looks gangsta! Looks like they're doing one Thursday but its not as the same venue which has tickets on sale already. I think they have yet to release tickets for the Friday's event, which on offsonar.net has it at hotel diagonal, the same venue as last year!(event not up on RA yet).

after further research I've learned this is an invite only. Any idea to how to get on the list? Its probably impossible considering they only allow 280 some people. I would imagine staying at the hotel might help , but my hotel is already booked elsewhere. oh'well...I'm still waiting to see what else comes out Friday.
    Last edited by jumpstart; 05-02-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Yea, it's invite only. I'd heard that you need to be a hotel guest or invited by an artist/promoter.

thoughts?

https://www.facebook.com/events/524670160924071/
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum...aspx?id=229257

venue looks like it could be awesome. open air, but seems to be some ways outside the city. Could be tough to find a ride back into town, but I have no idea since I've never been to Barcelona! The address they listed doesn't really come up specifically on the map, help anyone?

It doesn't come up specifically on the map, but that's ~15km outside of the Barcelona city center. Looks like you should be able to take public transportation there and back, if it really does end at midnight. (You'd be taking a combination of a train and bus, and it should be about an hour, maybe a little more, each way).

Google maps does work for public transportation in Barcelona. I've found it to be reliable but I always double check on the transit maps just to make sure.

I'm not familiar with the lineup or venue so can't comment on whether it's worth it.

ok! after more research I've pinpointed it. they're facebook site helps...https://www.facebook.com/MontgatPanoramic

from my hotel its definitely a solid hour via public transportation. A combo of the subway via 2 transfers, then 1 transfer via bus according to google maps. The venue looks really cool actually, its supposed/looks to be scenic. Although, it does seem like a bit of a trek. Very interesting none the less.

I would say it would be easier easier to get there and get back before it gets dark, being I'm not from there. lol
    https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CAsQ_AUoAg

Easier, sure, but Barcelona's public transportation is really good at night. There are buses that run all night, and the metro runs all but a few hours per night (I think it's closed from 4-6AM or something like that?)

Not much of an announcement, but an article highlighting some of the Spanish acts on the lineup:
    http://sonar.es/en/nw/_68#.UYkcHrU4uz4

Lurker

Hello everyone!

I'm Agathe, working for Indigo Raw, which has organized the Innervision showcase at Poble Espanyol where Chiapet was last year
    This year, we are about to organize something huge, and I wanna give you more details about our events for this year Sonar week

We organize more than 12 events: 4 days, and still the amazing venue of El Poble Espanyol (same place than last year, the one you can see on Chiapet's photos)
    Among our events, we are proud to present several very important showcases: Innervision, Pampa Records, Drumcode Records, Leisure System, etc
    And please keep in mind that we are still very special guests to announce

You can find the entire line up right here on our facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/5023...31153/?fref=ts, and on Resident Advisor as well.
    Don't hesitate if you want to ask me more questions, or if you need informations about our events or Sonar off

Have a beautiful day, and we hope to see you soon in our amazing and sunny city!

Friday 6/14 6pm-6am: OFF:WAX by Just Wax @ TBA
    Ricardo Villalobos, Margaret Dygas, Soul Capsule, Sonja Moonear & ZIP

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?479960

When do headliners go on usually?

Agathe, thanks for reaching out us on the Coachella boards. I will be at the Pampa event on Saturday

Thanks for the info, Agathe. Will be there for Innervisions again.

Quote Originally Posted by AgatheIndigoRaw View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm Agathe, working for Indigo Raw, which has organized the Innervision showcase at Poble Espanyol where Chiapet was last year
    This year, we are about to organize something huge, and I wanna give you more details about our events for this year Sonar week

We organize more than 12 events: 4 days, and still the amazing venue of El Poble Espanyol (same place than last year, the one you can see on Chiapet's photos)
    Among our events, we are proud to present several very important showcases: Innervision, Pampa Records, Drumcode Records, Leisure System, etc
    And please keep in mind that we are still very special guests to announce

You can find the entire line up right here on our facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/5023...31153/?fref=ts, and on Resident Advisor as well.
    Don't hesitate if you want to ask me more questions, or if you need informations about our events or Sonar off

Have a beautiful day, and we hope to see you soon in our amazing and sunny city!
    Hi Agathe

Will there be tickets on the door for Innervisions?

Lurker

Hi Jards!

For now, there will be no tickets at the door.
    But it remains to confirm. If it changes, I will inform you as soon as I know.

But for the Pampa showcase, which is also sold out, there will be more than 300 tickets at the door

Chiapet and Jumpstar, see you there! You guys are going to have a really good time, we are working hard to make something very special !
    Have a really nice day, and I still stay at your disposal for anything! Cheers from Barcelona
    Last edited by AgatheIndigoRaw; 05-09-2013 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AgatheIndigoRaw View Post
    Hi Jards!

For now, there will be no tickets at the door.
    But it remains to confirm. If it changes, I will inform you as soon as I know.

But for the Pampa showcase, which is also sold out, there will be more than 300 tickets at the door

Chiapet and Jumpstar, see you there! You guys are going to have a really good time, we are working hard to make something very special !
    Have a really nice day, and I still stay at your disposal for anything! Cheers from Barcelona
    Hi Agathe

Thanks for responding. I actually have a ticket but 2 of the people I'm going with didn't manage to get online in time to get theirs. If you could keep me updated if there are any changes to the situation regarding tickets on the door that would great.

Are you guys buying your actual Sonar tickets through they're web site or ticket master? thanks

I bought mine through their website which takes you to the want tickets website.
    Royksopp/Robyn 6/29 Hollywood Bowl
    The Antlers 7/12 Troubadour
    Paul McCartney 8/10 Dodger Stadium
    John Legend does What's Going On 8/20 Hollywood Bowl
    Elvis Costello 9/5 Hollywood Bowl

errr, I tried buying through ticketmaster and my card gets declined(because its obviously overseas and now I have to call them!). pain in my F'en ass! The link to buy through sonar send gets me into a room where its all in spnish with no english option. pain in the butt, I rather use an all english site, so I know what the heck is going on. lol

does want tickets offer single passes? I can't find them, link?

Off topic- anyone checked out ADE in Amsterdam? Thinking of hitting there in October....

holy fuck, has anyone tried buying single day passes through they're web site for sonar? I've tried 2 cards and they won't fucking go through. Called my bank and they said there was no transaction. My chase account didn't work either. How hard can it be to buy tickets, I must be the biggest idiot I guess.

I used https://www.sonartickets.com to purchase Friday night's single day ticket (click on the english on the top right) but I also called into my bank to let them know I was making purchases overseas when I was denied for my Melt! Festival tickets.. For me, I had to call specifically to the fraud department to make it happen.

I had all sorts of problems trying to buy the Sonar pass before the want tickets site was available, so it's not you. Want tickets only has the Sonar pass and the 2-night tickets available for sale though. I'm surprised that the page isn't translating into English though, what browser are you using?
    Royksopp/Robyn 6/29 Hollywood Bowl
    The Antlers 7/12 Troubadour
    Paul McCartney 8/10 Dodger Stadium
    John Legend does What's Going On 8/20 Hollywood Bowl
    Elvis Costello 9/5 Hollywood Bowl

I haven't tried buying single day tickets, but I bought my festival pass this year and last year via Ticketmaster without issues. If you're having problems with your credit card company declining the transaction, you should be able to call them in advance and authorize it. (Whenever I have had problems with international purchases, my credit card company has offered to stay on the phone with me while I attempted the charge).

Buying concert tickets in a different country is considered a high risk (for fraud) transaction, so it seems most likely it is your card company blocking the transaction, not any issue with Ticketmaster.

my credit card bank say the transaction doesn't even show up on they're computers. I'll ask for a higher management person when I call.

Chiapet, What's up with them having more events in the Poble Espanyol this year? Seems like they have multiple events going on at the same time now. THe park/picnic area you pointed out earlier, I think will be occupied by another off party now.
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?481762

This sucks for you guys...

Hello everyone,

We've decided to postpone our Soulwax shows over the summer so we can get our new record properly finished and have it ready for release this autumn.
    Sorry to whoever had bought tickets but we'd rather give you a good show and a good album than rushed versions of both.
    We'll have some good news about some 2manydjs Under The Covers shows instead very soon.

Thanks for all your support, everyone.

David and Stephen

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    Chiapet, What's up with them having more events in the Poble Espanyol this year? Seems like they have multiple events going on at the same time now.
    No idea, but I noticed that too. Hopefully it doesn't mean the venue will be overcrowded or have long entrance lines.

If Thursday couldn't get more conflicted...

5/13 Versus // Number @ Nitsa /Apollo

Surgeon
    + Blawan + JACKMASTER
    + Oneman + REDINHO
    + SPENCER + NELSON
    + DJ FRA
    + Special Guests

Ahhhh that is really tempting.