Thread: Osheaga 2014

Default Osheaga 2014

This is actually pretty solid and the last day falls on my birthday! If only I could afford to make another trip this year...

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Default Re: Osheaga 2014

I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see Lorde over the Replacements, Nick Cave and Modest Mouse these days.

Nothing on here is really blowing me away either.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by mahhhc View Post
    it's a very well curated lineup of big names. Might be a personal favourite out of all North American festival lineups so far.

There's a couple names that I think are billed too high(Arctic) and some billed too low(Sam Roberts in 30 names down).

If Jack White and the Replacements end up on the same night, I will probably get a single day pass and head north.

Quote Originally Posted by mahhhc View Post
    Very deep lineup though and they usually release more names in the summer. Plus the venue and Montreal are incredible.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I want to go. I've wanted to visit Montreal for a few years now. I would probably stay a full week. It's a very good and deep lineup. Even as low as lines 18-20 there is stuff I would see.

Osheaga is pretty well done. I went in 2011 and 2012. It's in a huge island park right in the middle of Montreal; you can just take the subway there and back; super convenient (although the subway crush at the end of the night can be an adventure). The two "main stages" are literally right next to each other facing the same direction; while one band is playing on Stage A, they are setting up the next band on Stage B. So when the first band finishes, they play like one or two transition songs, then the band on Stage B starts up. There's also large "third stage" with some very nice stone steps wayy in the back for relaxing, a smaller "forest" stage, a techno stage, etc. The grounds are neat, there's a little lake, tons of trees, etc. Not much in the way of art, but some of the food options are pretty sweet. And Montreal is fantastic if you've never been; just a fantastic city overall. I'd totally go again but my girlfriend finally got fed up with me disappearing for basically *all* of August to do Osheaga - GenCon - Burning Man (festivals aren't really her thing; she comes with to Coachella and that's enough for her). Something had to go... so Osheaga lost =(. Still, a fun festival. it's not Coachella, but then again, what is?

(I also have to say that they have the nicest customer service people; I got upgraded tickets in 2012 that gave you access to grandstands to view the main stages, but they sent me the wrong ticket by accident and I needed to swing by customer service to get it sorted at the venue and pick up the special lanyard / lenticular pass thing. A few weeks after Osheaga, they sent me a "we're really sorry" package that had the commemorative lanyard / pass, a t-shirt, and some other Osheaga swag, totally unsolicited).

Awesome festival in an awesome city. It's a really good lineup, but not enough to get me to fly across the country for. I'll probably get to see everyone on that poster that I want to see at some point on the West Coast this year.

Best part: The beer vendors walking around the crowds at the stages selling beer.

old school

Closest show by the Replacements reunion to all the major US cities on the east coast like NYC....

They must have a crazy guarantee. 500G???

I gotta disagree with most ppl on here and say this is one of my least favorite festivals. I've been twice and disappointed both times. Between the poor scheduling that causes similar bands to play against each other, the fact that most ppl don't dance at the electronic stage except for the headliner and the horrible set-up for the main stages that makes it hard to see acts unless you camp out all day (Not to mention that the field becomes a dust bowl in no time). Also the distance between the 2 farthest stages is big and not easily to go stage to stage.

Trying to decide between this and Lolla. Never been to either city (and would be sticking around for a few days to explore)...
    Coachellabound 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 Fuck I'm Old Now.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Based on the early Lolla reports that should make Osheaga the easy and correct decision. I hope to do this. I can't buy tickets for a few more weeks but i'm pretty sure i'm in. Can't wait to explore Montreal.

old school

https://www.facebook.com/osheaga/pos...?stream_ref=10

The 1975 cancelled, but are still set for Lolla the same weekend.