Thread: Does my name have to be the name of the purchaser for the car camping pass?!

Exclamation Does my name have to be the name of the purchaser for the car camping pass?!

Okay, so I'm freaking out! I'm a first time timer for the whole Coachella experience. I was trying to buy the two festival passes/car camping pass, but my card kept getting declined. So we used my dad's card (who isn't going with us), eager to buy my tickets. Will I be allowed in even though I wasn't the name of the purchaser/on the card? Please help!

Default Re: Does my name have to be the name of the purchaser for the car camping pass?!

Yes
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

Default Re: Does my name have to be the name of the purchaser for the car camping pass?!

froom what I understand all you need is the band/pass together. Doesn't really matter if you're the one who bought it or not. It's like a pair/combo scanning process thing I think.

So even though he's not going into the concert, I don't need to show his ID?

You're fine. As long as you have the wristband that was purchased with the camping pass. You don't need the purchasers ID.

Okay, thank you so much!

Fuck off 17 year old

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

fuck you, riggins. this was a fairly legit question and he/she quit asking when they got a decent answer.

totally correct, you don't have to have the id or credit card of the purchaser, just the wristband and pass together.
    HOWEVER:
    I would make a suggestion. take a photocopy of your dad's driver's license and a printout of the order #. if one of you ends up with a damaged/incorrectly applied wristband (it can happen to the best of us) or have to otherwise correct things on site, you might need some kind of proof. just better safe than sorry.

Says this nerd^^^ Face

Website says:

Please note: Camping passes are non transferable by themselves. They will only work when scanned with the festival pass it was ordered with originally. If you bought multiple festival passes and one camping pass, the camping pass will only be valid with the first one from your group that arrives.

-----

So this seems to mean that its connected to the order, so whoever checks in first with a wristband from that order gets the camping?

Maybe you can call and change the name on the camping pass if you are concerned?

What I did last year. Me (George) ordered 2 tickets. And I wanted my friend to get there before me, and told them to put the pass on Chris' s name. So the tickets were sent to me, George, as I ordered them and added the camping pass.... but sent Chris his wristband and he was able to park fine.

Maybe I will and ask them to do that, then you will get a straight answer about what is needed.

the only time you would have to have the credit card of the purchaser is if you were picking up at will call. you're all set
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits