Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Someone explain to me why it's ethical to force-bundle certain tickets w/the shuttle

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

Default Re: Someone explain to me why it's ethical to force-bundle certain tickets w/the shut

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    They've enjoyed saying that parking has always been free for that nice contrast with L.A. area venues and attractions (will the $2 water be gone next?). And while having to have parking passes could be dealt with (but since this thread is about entitled assholes complaining about how they are to too lazy to deal with things) it has been really nice not having to worry about it in the past.

I'm planning to walk in, I don't need a parking pass! Oh, wait, it's longer than I expected, I will drive.
    Oh, we'll all carpool, we don't need multiple parking passes! Oh, wait, you want to swim before going in and miss the first several hours, I will drive myself.

Since the shuttles only go to specific spots in almost all cases you either plan to use it or you don't use it. There may be the scattered folks that live on shuttle lines but drive anyway and a few in their party comes in earlier or later than the vehicle or leaves earlier or later than the vehicle but I would suspect this is relatively rare. That is to say, yes, you want to encourage shuttle use but it does not lend itself to flexibility.

Shuttle system planners also want to know how busy the shuttles are going to be - so wait times aren't awful - and overestimating (due to a few Archies not using their shuttle pass) is better than underestimating (which wouldn't happen with valued shuttle passes).
    I was charged $3 for a water on Sunday of week 2. I told her that I knew the waters were only $2, but she insisted on taking the other dollar (I always tip a dollar for water as it is). Making $1.50+ on every water they sell wasn't enough, I guess.

Default Re: Someone explain to me why it's ethical to force-bundle certain tickets w/the shut

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Well, I mean one fairly significant problem with this is it kinda completely screws anyone who might get a pass at the last minute. Hotels along the shuttle lines fill up relatively early, I've stayed in a couple places out in Palm Springs that I'm pretty sure were nowhere near any of the shuttles. I suppose the argument is that I could have just driven to the nearest shuttle stop 30 minutes away instead of driving all the way into the venue, but then you get into a parking logistics nightmare of people filling up the places where the shuttles stop just to be able to get to Coachella period because there's no way for us to be able to park there.
    two years ago that's exactly what i did. i drove to the "tennis gardens", parked, and rode the shuttle. it wasn't a big deal at all and was a hell of a lot more pleasant than that clusterfuck of leaving after Paul McCartney and sitting in the fucking parking lot for 2 and a half fucking hours, just sitting there because the god damn mother fucking retarded tweekers they had "directing" traffic weren't intelligent enough to fucking tie their own shoelaces, finally i got out of my car, tapped on the window of the car in line next to me, woke them up (yes, they were sleeping in traffic), freaked them the fuck out, asked them to backup 5 feet, which they did, then i got around them and got out through a 'closed' exit in about 3 minutes, true story. God damn those fuckers.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Well, I mean one fairly significant problem with this is it kinda completely screws anyone who might get a pass at the last minute. Hotels along the shuttle lines fill up relatively early, I've stayed in a couple places out in Palm Springs that I'm pretty sure were nowhere near any of the shuttles. I suppose the argument is that I could have just driven to the nearest shuttle stop 30 minutes away instead of driving all the way into the venue, but then you get into a parking logistics nightmare of people filling up the places where the shuttles stop just to be able to get to Coachella period because there's no way for us to be able to park there.
    Tennis Garden has a crapton of parking and that would not be an issue. Plus I think it's the closest shuttle stop to the fest so it would be just like driving in anyway. They would probably direct most to there.

my opinion may be skewed, as this will be my first coachella, but i liked the way bonnaroo did it. you bought a fucking ticket (wristband). that is all. that got you a car camping spot like everyone else, unless you wanted to spring for VIP or RV or whatever. no bullshit.

however, manchester TN has a lot less around it, so i imagine coachella has more locals attending and more festival attendees trying to get into the surrounding towns for resupply, etc. so while i can see the point, i wish it were buy a wristband, go to coachella, park your shit, party.

mainly this made me mad because it made buying wristbands second hand as hard as it could possibly be. im all for security, but if thats going to be the case, dont sell so many tickets to the scalpers.

The scalper argument is tired and not valid. Don't use it.

yeah, like i said, im new. haven't seen the threads, but i'm sure there are tons of them. is the official story seriously that all of the tickets were bought by legitimite festival goers though? because that is horseshit.

wait did you mean me or frontgate?

If you look around there are a few thousand tickets available on the secondary market, out of ~180,000. Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by Y0UNGBL00D View Post
    my opinion may be skewed, as this will be my first coachella, but i liked the way bonnaroo did it. you bought a fucking ticket (wristband). that is all. that got you a car camping spot like everyone else, unless you wanted to spring for VIP or RV or whatever. no bullshit.

however, manchester TN has a lot less around it, so i imagine coachella has more locals attending and more festival attendees trying to get into the surrounding towns for resupply, etc. so while i can see the point, i wish it were buy a wristband, go to coachella, park your shit, party.

mainly this made me mad because it made buying wristbands second hand as hard as it could possibly be. im all for security, but if thats going to be the case, dont sell so many tickets to the scalpers.
    Your opinion isn't skewed. It's irrelevant.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

thanks, penis.

forgot how close LA was. i wonder what percentage of festival goers that accounts for. it amazes me that such a ticket entity exists that can run everyone through that queue and sell so many tickets so fast. the presales, etc. helped too im sure.