Thread: Bumbershoot Festival Line Up Announced

Default Bumbershoot Festival Line Up Announced

So they signed a deal with AEG(GV's owner to help out, this might be interesting since they will have more $$ to spend on talent)

The Shins
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Panic! At The Disco
    Crowded House
    Lupe Fiasco
    Gogol Bordello
    Kill Hannah
    Norma Jean
    Plain White T's
    The Gourds
    Lyrics Born
    The Holmes Brothers
    More TBA

Taken from billboard.com

The Shins, the Wu-Tang Clan, Panic! At The Disco, the reformed Crowded House and Lupe Fiasco lead the initial lineup for the 2007 installment of Bumbershoot: Seattle's Music & Arts Festival, Billboard.com can exclusively reveal. The event will be held Sept. 1-3 throughout the Seattle Center. Steve Earle, Devotchka, Devendra Banhart, Roky Erickson, Allison Moorer and Magnolia Electric Company are also on the bill.

Rounding out the lineup are Gogol Bordello, Kill Hannah, Norma Jean, Plain White T's, the Gourds, Lyrics Born and the Holmes Brothers, with scores of acts to be announced. This year's Bumbershoot will be the first since organizers One Reel linked with AEG Live to bolster talent buying and sponsorship resources.

"They have been a great sounding board on our mainstage talent, since we were pretty far along in our bookings when we officially entered into our collaboration with AEG," One Reel artistic director Michele Scoleri tells Billboard.com. "Our mutual focus this year has been to maintain Bumbershoot's unique identity. I think people will find we did just that this year while simultaneously making our lineup among the heaviest hitting to date."

Bumbershoot's non-musical activities will include three stages of comedy (up from two last year), the Flatstock poster art fair, readings from writers Miranda July and "This American Life" contributor Davy Rothbart, visual arts exhibitions, dance and theatre performances and the 1 Reel Film Festival.

"The foremost thing that distinguishes Bumbershoot is our pairing of the arts with popular music," Scoleri says. "We are still the only festival doing contemporary dance, theater and literary arts. Bumbershoot is urban, which lends itself to a much different experience because we have both indoor and outdoor venues. If you come to Bumbershoot, you have the chance to discover the next Modest Mouse or Death Cab For Cutie, two Northwest bands that have played Bumbershoot since the beginning of their careers."

Bumbershoot three-day passes can be ordered through the event's Web site for $75 through Aug. 17, after which the price increases to $95. Single-day tickets are $30 and go on sale July 13.

Default Re: Bumbershoot Festival Line Up Announced

Kill Hannah
    I hate these fuckers. Although I'm pretty sure I've never heard them.

I hope there's a lot more TBA. Nothing that I'm too excited about there aside from Wu Tang.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    I hope there's a lot more TBA. Nothing that I'm too excited about there aside from Wu Tang.
    Well you have gone I assume, you know they are adding like 70 more acts or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Well you have gone I assume, you know they are adding like 70 more acts or something to that effect.
    Of course, but I don't see much on that preliminary lineup that's going to spark a rush on early ticket sales. I'm curious to see what else they've got up their sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    Of course, but I don't see much on that preliminary lineup that's going to spark a rush on early ticket sales. I'm curious to see what else they've got up their sleeve.
    The festival is in like 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I can't tell a british accent from a gay accent.

yeah but you gotta remember the festival is usually four days and this year it's only three. actually, i didn't go last year, so i can't vouch for last year, but for at least the three years before that it's always been four days. and what with Shins, Wu-Tang, and Panic (ugh) it looks like the three headliners have already been announced. Unless they add MM and throw the Shins on before them, which i believe they have done before.

More acts have been announced along with a provisional day-by-day lineup schedule. More announcements coming in July.

http://www.bumbershoot.org/lineup.htm

Magnolia Electric Co, Rodrigo y Gabriela and the Shins = Saturday is awesome. Also DeVotcKa and Honeycut and the Avett Brothers and Crowded House.

Sunday isn't as full but Andrew Bird and the Watson Twins would be worth going for.

I don't really know Steve Earle or Roky Erickson or the Frames or Miranda July or Lyrics Born or My Brightest Diamond but I think I would like to see them all. I also must admit to not really knowing the Wu but, again, it'd be something.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I don't really know Steve Earle or Roky Erickson or .
    Steve Earle used to be awesome.

Roky Erickson used to be awesome, but now it's amazing that he's alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I think I'll at least be checking out Friday for The Shins and Gogol Bordello.
    Alright... I regret the screen name.

Saturday is amazing! The Agrolites, The Avett Bros., The Shins, Gogol Bordello, and Rodrigo y Gabriella!
    Sunday is pretty good as well. Devandra Banhart, Bouncing Souls, Rose Hill Drive and Sean Paul. (What is Sean Paul doing on the line up? haha)
    Monday, I will pretty much go just to see Roky Erickson. I'll also check out Wu-Tang, just to say I saw them haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Queens of the Stone Age are playing in Vancouver September 1. As in, the first day of Bumbershoot. Argh!!!
    Anyone think theres a chance QOTSA will play Day 2 or 3 of Bumbershoot? The full line up will be anounced sometime in July.
    I should mention they have no tour dates, as of right now, after their Vancouver show.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I kinda want to go to this for a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Bumbershoot! Is that for real? Why not just call it Arsepipe?

Quote Originally Posted by hitthenorth View Post
    Bumbershoot! Is that for real? Why not just call it Arsepipe?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Queens of the Stone Age are playing in Vancouver September 1. As in, the first day of Bumbershoot. Argh!!!
    Anyone think theres a chance QOTSA will play Day 2 or 3 of Bumbershoot? The full line up will be anounced sometime in July.
    I should mention they have no tour dates, as of right now, after their Vancouver show.
    I hate to quote myself, but seriously? Is there any chance of this happening? Or have all the "big name" acts already been anounced?

I'll be there.

I hate to quote myself, but seriously? Is there any chance of this happening? Or have all the "big name" acts already been anounced?
    Dunno about QOTSA, but I have a feeling that more big acts are going to be added come July. The initial lineup is OK, but I'm hoping for more now that they're hooked up with AEG Live for promotion.

BUMBERSHOOT FAILS!!!!

Gogol Bordello and Rodrigo y Gabriella are playing at the exact same time!

I really wanted to go to this... but Im not sure if I will anymore.

Fergie and Panic at The Disco. Could they have possibly booked worse headliners?

I dont care. Im not seeing either of them
    But seriously?
    Gogol Bordello and Rodrigo y Gabriela!?!?!?!?!
    Thats horrible! That is the wors conflict I have ever had to deal with. My two favorite acts of Coachella, going head to head! Argh!!!
    Also, The Avett Bros. and the Agrolites are conflicting! The four bands I wanted to see on day one, and I only get to see two of them. I will have to go with the Agrolites on this one though.

Overall, its a seems like a semi decent line up. Not really many conflicts on Sunday and Monday. Its still worth 75$, but it sure as hell isnt worth 95$... I should buy tickets soon.

Hmmm... I might consider travelling up for the first day and first day alone... Crowded House, The Shins, Panic!, Gogol Bordello, sounds like a decent time...
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Overall, its a seems like a semi decent line up. Not really many conflicts on Sunday and Monday. Its still worth 75$, but it sure as hell isnt worth 95$... I should buy tickets soon.
    Yeah but Coachella was worth $300 right? Its a good deal, its still under $100 dont complain. And yes, conflicts suck, but what do you do.

Yeah but Coachella was worth $300 right? Its a good deal, its still under $100 dont complain. And yes, conflicts suck, but what do you do.
    For me, after tickets, camping pass, and shafting fees, it came out too $400 in Canadian dollars. And it was more than worth it. I will be buying presale tickets for next year, which will hopefully save me a decent amount.
    And yes, its still pretty damn cheap for 3 days. It just sucks that the two bands I wanted to see most are conflicting. Rodrigo y Gabriela are playing in Seattle on halloween though. So it looks like I will be hitting up Gogol at Bumbershoot... Who am I kidding? I would have gone to see Gogol either way!

Question though, while Fergie is playing, there are two acts I am interested in seeing. Zap Mamma and Devandra Banhart. Who should I go see?

Devendra's pretty damn good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

BUMBERSHOOT FAILS!!!!

Gogol Bordello and Rodrigo y Gabriella are playing at the exact same time!

I really wanted to go to this... but Im not sure if I will anymore.
    rodrigo y gabriela are literally playing EVERY SINGLE festival on earth. you can see them anytime. if they keep going at this pace, they're gonna start playing street corners again soon.

I live in Canada... we dont get festivals up here.
    Except for Vancouvers lame ass excuse of a festival known as "Virgin Festival"
    Ugh...
    They also dont have a Vancouver show announced.
    With that being said, I would go see Gogol Bordello on a street corner. That actually sounds quite fun. I would rather see Rodrigo y Gabriela at an actual venue though.