Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers?

Default Transformers?

Yeah, what did you guys think of the movie?
    & that trailer? What the fuck was up with that?
    Godzilla?
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo & Traxman @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

Banned

Default Re: Transformers?

NO.

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Banned

eye.

socket...what're you doing for the 4th J?
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Banned

winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Banned

my job here is done. sorry everybody. spaz attack.

Well done. I took the liberty of screencapping your victory for posterity.

Banned

Thank you Hannah, I had to be sneaky about it, but I'd like to that Jesus, my dog and cat, the 4th of July, SUGA FREE RED BULLZ! all of you out there for making this possible and you hannah for the wonderful screen shot. Peace up D town.

I am going to see it tonight at 9 in digital projection.

Thank you Hannah, I had to be sneaky about it, but I'd like to that Jesus, my dog and cat, the 4th of July, SUGA FREE RED BULLZ! all of you out there for making this possible and you hannah for the wonderful screen shot. Peace up D town.
    They should give us a morning show. All we'd have to do is make asinine jokes and surround ourselves with attractive people.

Banned

As long as I can fill up time with stories like this.....

Bubb Rubb. Awesome.

We can have a few of those "Dangers of Emo" newscasts too!

Banned

Who is going to be the wacky weather person? Or should we have the nerdy hot blonde who giggles too much and always forgets to turn their mic on? wait I want Hotshot the robot to be a co-anchor.

Hotshot can sit on the sidestage with a guitar in his lap and laugh at the appropriate time. Mix things up a little. Morning/latenite.

For weathergirls, I vote we have Alyssak and Caitlin co-report. With any luck, they won't get along. It'll be a huge draw for our 18-25 male audience.

Banned

You are on top of it today Hannah. What will draw in our female audience? Other than hotshots classy smooth banter? We need some feel good stories maybe we can rope in the ladies from the girls only thread for some special segments.

Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$ View Post
    What will draw in our female audience?
    Why, you will, of course.

We need some feel good stories maybe we can rope in the ladies from the girls only thread for some special segments.
    Or the post pictures of your pet thread. And the interview threads are a good starting place. Do you think we can get Hat? I know he's pretty selective about his television appearances.

Banned

God I hope so, hat seems to be everywhere these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Godzilla?
    it was confirmed by paramount this morning... its godzilla vs charles barkley...

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Godzilla?
    Not Godzilla. Not Voltron. Not anything else old/recognizable. That would never go through. No one is going to shoot a movie like that with all hand helds. It could be an exciting/interesting movie but it's not going to be something familiar like that.

Also, and I lost the other thread where somebody quoted something on the trailer and something about "an iconic image that will have people talking for months" and damn that's ridiculous. It didn't even look good. It was nothing special; it was nothing that hadn't been done before. It's run of the mill "take one of the most recognizable bits of a city and destroy it" nonsense.

Transformers was good enough, I guess. It was full of well done but easy laughs, stock characters and confusing battles. Also the Transformers were ugly; busy as shit. There were some sly references to the old cartoons which was cool. There was a good deal of out and out ridiculousness so that meant more laughing so that was good. Ish.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Ya I saw it in DPL too. Looked amazing, the theatre was packed since it was on a smaller screen but it looked phenomenal. You'll enjoy it for sure. 2 hours and 20 minutes of good solid summer entertainment.

Anyone else notice that the only autobot casualty was the token black-voiced one?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    dude wtf? are you going to that special screeing thing? where tickets were sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    dude wtf? are you going to that special screeing thing? where tickets were sold out?
    No, I mean I figure you live around the area and went to AMC to check it out. Its available in digital projection in select theatres, you just have to know where. They had it on a 3rd screen at AMC 16 and its on the small screen. Its clearly stated on the big digital schedule thing when you go look at times or on movietickets.com It was the same for 300 and probably Spiderman and Pirates. Yeah it sold out, of course it did, I went ot the theater this mornign to get my ticket and the 10:30 am performance was sold out along with 4 others.

With this all past me, f**k, S**t!!! That movie ruled everyones face!!! F**k Spiderman going all emo and Pirates just taking us out for a 3 hour joyride, this was the s**t. Shia was the perfect cast as the lead no doubt. Yes, lots of humor and those moments we expect from a movie like this, but you take it with a grain of salt. Hate it, like it, you know you still loved watching them transform and do their thing. Nobody here will deny Megan Fox isnt hot as hell, or the aussie girl either, she had no real purpose in the film other than to tie in all the government tech stuff. I give this movie a 10 and for sure will go see it as soon as I can again.

Quote Originally Posted by anti-square View Post
    Anyone else notice that the only autobot casualty was the token black-voiced one?

Tyrese didnt die either, so 1 out of 2 black characters dead isnt so bad. And it sucks Jazz had to go, I am sure we get some good replacements next movie.

First off, I really liked that trailer. But there is no way its Godzilla. Godzilla already attacked New York. I dont think hollywood is dumb enough to make Godzilla attack the exact same place again. Then again...

Now, onto Transformers. I liked it. In some ways it was a lot better than I though. But in other ways, I still feel let down. You first also must understand. When I first say the trailers for this, I choked on my popcorn. I have been waiting for this for this for a while. Throughout the last year, my expectations of the movie have gone up and down. My verdict after watching it once, it was good. Not great, no excellnt, not bad and it definately didnt suck.
    Here is my criticisms though. Was it just me, or could they have cut out a lot of charcters and/or plot lines? A lot of the movie seemed to be about all the other characters in the movie, other than the Transformers themselves. For a while there, I actually forgot what movie I was watching. With that being said, there wasnt nearly enough Autobots/Deceptacon batling. The last hour/half hour of the movie kicked ass. There movie became quickly paced, there was batling, there were explosions, and basically, it was everything I though the whole movie should have been. Maybe I am crazy, but the first hour and half seemed to move by really slow. And yes, it did have some referneces to the original series and such, but I felt as a whole, the movie didnt really stay true to itself. Also, I felt like they portrayed the Autobots as weak, and not capable of standing up the Deceptacons by themselves. They needed help from the humans and the army and such. The deceptacons were owning the autobots. In the series, they usually seemed to be at even strength. And in Beast Wars (for anyone whole followed that far) The deceptacons were actually, for the most part, quite stupid. Also, Starscream didnt have a big enough roll, and that Frenzy guy, was just plain anoying.
    With that being said, I will say what I liked. Autobots, ROLLOUT! Enough said. The comdeic elements to the movie were quite great as well. The scene where the autobots were hiding was great. Another thing, now some people may call me really crazy for this... but I thought most of the actors did a really good job. Bernie Mac at the begining was a funny add in. Also, I quite liked John Turturro in it. Shia LaBeouf also did a great job. His acting wasnt "amazing" or anything. He just played the part well. Also, the people who played his parents in the movie were funny. And as I said, the final battle scene was great. The CGI was really amazing.
    So yes, those are basically my thoughts, I fell like I am forgetting something. Oh well. Perhaps I only saw the movie this was, because I was looking at it witha critical eye. I will likely see it a few times in the theatre though. We will see if my opinion changes then.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    First off, I really liked that trailer. But there is no way its Godzilla. Godzilla already attacked New York. I dont think hollywood is dumb enough to make Godzilla attack the exact same place again. Then again...
    No way its Godzilla. I want to say its something new...

It's some underwraps project called:

Cloverfield.

For all you wondering about "Cloverfield":

From Comingsoon.net
    J.J. Abrams' Secret Project Gets a URL
    Source: ComingSoon.net
    July 5, 2007

If you have seen Transformers in theaters, you have probably gotten your first glimpse at the teaser trailer for J.J. Abrams' (Mission: Impossible III, "Lost," "Alias") secret project at Paramount Pictures. We talked previously about the teaser here of which a bootleg was briefly posted on YouTube on Wednesday but pulled by the studio not long after.

The code name for the movie is "Cloverfield," but Paramount is now referring to the film as "Untitled J.J. Abrams Project." However, could the title simply be 1-18-08? A new URL is now up, 1-18-08.com, featuring a screenshot and a date stamp. The domain was registered by the studio on March 30th, long before anyone knew about the movie. The teaser ends with "From Producer J.J. Abrams" followed by "In Theaters 1-18-08."

The Bad Robot production is co-produced by Bryan Burk ("Lost"), executive produced by Guy Riedel and Sherryl Clark, written by Drew Goodard and directed by Matt Reeves.