Thread: Car Camping Photos and Diagrams

Default Car Camping Photos and Diagrams

I have been to Coachella for the past 5 years, but this will be my first time camping.

The message board has a ton of great info about what to do and what to bring
    HERE IS A GREAT THREAD: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...To-Car-Camping

So, I was hoping to use this post to specifically solicit photos & diagrams of how people set up their camping spot. Who's got 'em?
    U MAD?

Default Re: Car Camping Photos and Diagrams

COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Here are some possible diagrams I drafted, 2 tents on 1 spot, you can throw an ez up on both of them, then the other diagram is 4 camping spots in a row
    COACHELLA 2014

Do they allow you to park the cars differently? Is there a required parking position for the cars?
    U MAD?

Lurker

4461545086_7b033a409b.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    Do they allow you to park the cars differently? Is there a required parking position for the cars?
    You're only allowed to park one way. My friend parked horizontally last year and the security/police came by and told us to move it back into our spot. on the 3rd visit back, they said they were going to tow it!

Also have an idea in your mind that you may get parked back to back or side to side
    COACHELLA 2014

For safety purposes, the car has to be facing out towards the aisle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    Haha, that's the mock up Dustin made for me last year (thank you again BTW). My friends and I used my ez-up to cover the tents as much as possible to allow us to sleep in until at least 8am. We still had room for a common area by sleeping as close to the trunk of my car as possible. The common area included a camp couch chair, two folding chairs, a couple coolers and led solar powered xmas lights. This year I hope to get a grill and stovetop coffee maker...I have spent too many mornings at coachella jealous about neighbors having pancakes and coffee in the morning.

My campsite will more than likely be the same, just without the second tent this year. My best advice is invest in the ez-up with the Velcro walls that are moveable, cause the hot sun is not your friend. The second day of coachella 2011 comes to mind in how hot and miserable it can get in Indio. Even if you don't get a tent you can sleep under the ez-up if you so please.
    Last edited by HoneyBadgerForLife; 01-30-2013 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadgerForLife View Post
    Haha, that's the mock up Dustin made for me last year (thank you again BTW). My friends and I used my ez-up to cover the tents as much as possible to allow us to sleep in until at least 8am. We still had room for a common area by sleeping as close to the trunk of my car as possible. The common area included a camp couch chair, two folding chairs, a couple coolers and led solar powered xmas lights. This year I hope to get a grill and stovetop coffee maker...I have spent too many mornings at coachella jealous about neighbors having pancakes and coffee in the morning.
    Lololol Xtine! It's still named xtine mock-up too if you check the name of it haha. Glad to see someone else from the FB group posting on the boards.

Sounds like my mock-up was pretty damn close to being accurate too haha.
    COACHELLA 2014