Thread: Venezuelan guy with no place to stay for the 2nd weekend, any recommendations?

Default Venezuelan guy with no place to stay for the 2nd weekend, any recommendations?

Hey,

So I bought a plane ticket from Venezuela to California and I bought a ticket for the second weekend of the Coachella festival. Unfortunately I am going by myself and this is my first Coachella experience so I have no idea where to stay (and don't even have anyone to stay with) and a hotel is extremely expensive! (300$ a night?!) What just wondering if there are any chances of sleeping on the grass or around town on a bench or something like that? Or if anyone could share a room/tent and I can chip in whatever you want me to?
    Last edited by robinenrique; 01-29-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Default Re: Venezuelan guy with no place to stay for the 2nd weekend, any recommendations?

You should have probably posted this in the Camping/Lodging forum since there are other people like you in a similar position like these guys:
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...AMPING-TICKETS

As far as your question goes, sleeping on park benches wouldn't fly. That area is really suburban and car culture oriented with housing communities surrounded by walls. No public transportation (outside of the festival Shuttle, which -- if you don't have one -- you would need to upgrade your pass to get) and the nearest hotels with prices under $300 are generally about 10+ miles away. You'd need a car for those unless they are near a festival Shuttle drop off point. Out of all of the areas that are further away, I'd recommend Palm Springs because it has the greatest selection of hotels... I was going to suggest one that I like which still had a room that was under $200 a night (3-night minimum stay) but it booked up as I was typing.

Regarding people sharing their camping or lodging with you goes... it's not impossible but it's not super likely either. I'm old and married so sharing lodging isn't up my alley, but maybe the aforementioned Camping/Lodging thread can help you out.

I wish I had better news, but people reserve their hotels a year in advance for this and the hotel pricing has become crazy in the past 5 years.

I'll cross my fingers for you.

Default Re: Venezuelan guy with no place to stay for the 2nd weekend, any recommendations?

Don't be mean to him krk67...He's Mexican and probably didn't know where to post his question...THERE. IS. A. SECCIÓN. NAMED. CAMPING/LODGING. WHERE. YOU. CAN. POST. YOUR. QUESTION! ¿COMPRENDE?

jk jk jk...i'm mexican and just messing around (I hope there aren't any Mods on here).

Good point (and you're silly) levi760.

robinenrique... one more thing. Palm Springs is *really far* from the festival grounds, so please be sure to have either a rental car or shuttle pass (and know how far the hotel is from the shuttle) before doing "advance purchase" on a hotel room since those are non-refundable.

You're probably a lot younger than me and looking to have more of the festival experience, trying to share someone's camping or a house nearby would be a lot more in line with that rather than a hotel in Palm Springs. My suggestion of Palm Springs was primarily so you had a more reasonably priced option if necessary. Under most circumstances, hotels can be reserved with a credit card and are refundable with the exception of the advance purchase situation I mentioned above.

Banned

i live 2 miles from the festival. maybe you can rent my room for the weekend since i will be camping inside the festival.

Red face Re: Venezuelan guy with no place to stay for the 2nd weekend, any recommendations?

Hey man,

We're a bunch of Egyptians. Will be camping off site at the Shadow Hills RV for 125 dollars for the whole stay. You're more than welcome to come join us .