Thread: Where's the option for Car Companion Pass Weekend 2?

Default Where's the option for Car Companion Pass Weekend 2?

I need to add a companion pass to my car camping pass for weekend two, there is no option on the frontgate site.

Default Re: Where's the option for Car Companion Pass Weekend 2?

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    I need to add a companion pass to my car camping pass for weekend two, there is no option on the frontgate site.
    There's only a limited number. Not sure if they sold out, but you can always call to ask (since you will need to provide your order number for them to be able to add it to your camping pass). 888-512-SHOW

I called this morning and added a companion pass quite easily, the lady on the phone was very helpful and nice.
    30$ and I don't have to worry about where my friends are gonna park their car for 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ApacheRunner View Post
    I called this morning and added a companion pass quite easily, the lady on the phone was very helpful and nice.
    30$ and I don't have to worry about where my friends are gonna park their car for 4 days.
    Agreed. I bought one last year as well and didn't end up using it, so I gave it away. Only $30 and it makes life so much easier to have the option.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Agreed. I bought one last year as well and didn't end up using it, so I gave it away. Only $30 and it makes life so much easier to have the option.
    Hey, I have a couple questions for you if you don't mind. Where exactly is that lot? And are there in's and outs?

Last year companion parking was by the Lot 2 day parking. See the third map on the Coachella page: http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/interactive-maps It is quite a walk from some of the camping spots, so it's highly recommended that whoever is driving into car camping have all the gear (or as much as possible).

There are NO In's and Out's. Once you are parked, you have to remain there the entire weekend, similar to car camping. They do that because this is intended to be only for people that can't have entire group in one car for whatever reason (size, timing, etc.). It is not intended as a lot for people to be able to go In and Out all weekend. If you need groceries/additional alcohol, you can take the shuttle to Ralph's. Otherwise it's a cab or hitching a ride with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Last year companion parking was by the Lot 2 day parking. See the third map on the Coachella page: http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/interactive-maps It is quite a walk from some of the camping spots, so it's highly recommended that whoever is driving into car camping have all the gear (or as much as possible).

There are NO In's and Out's. Once you are parked, you have to remain there the entire weekend, similar to car camping. They do that because this is intended to be only for people that can't have entire group in one car for whatever reason (size, timing, etc.). It is not intended as a lot for people to be able to go In and Out all weekend. If you need groceries/additional alcohol, you can take the shuttle to Ralph's. Otherwise it's a cab or hitching a ride with someone.
    Thanks, that is great information.

Just got one of these mailed to me today. Was the companion pass a card or a sticker in the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?