Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are coachella.com forum posters such DOUCHEBAGS?

Default Re: Why are coachella.com forum posters such DOUCHEBAGS?

Quote Originally Posted by pelon7724 View Post
    Fucking trust fund babies with nothing else to do but to waste their time on this shitty forum. Fuck 'em. Seriously...the average age of people on this fucking forum is probably like 15 or some shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by pelon7724 View Post
    OH and BTW...to everyone who is a douche for no fucking reason-

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND GET SOME FRESH AIR YOU IGNORANT FUCK.

Are you sure it's not an enema that you're needing? Fuck. You talk enough shit...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I do agree that this board is much more vitriolic than any other board I frequent, which is really a shame, given the utopic nature of the festival itself. Perhaps the mods could post some more detailed guidelines about board etiquette so the number of "dumb" questions by new people would be reduced.

It would be really nice if we could foster more of a culture of being excellent to each other - just as we do at the festival itself.

I do enjoy the music knowledge and wit of the membership here and will continue to read and contribute, but I ask everyone to treat each other a little nicer please.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskev View Post
    I do agree that this board is much more vitriolic than any other board I frequent, which is really a shame, given the utopic nature of the festival itself. Perhaps the mods could post some more detailed guidelines about board etiquette so the number of "dumb" questions by new people would be reduced.

It would be really nice if we could foster more of a culture of being excellent to each other - just as we do at the festival itself.

I do enjoy the music knowledge and wit of the membership here and will continue to read and contribute, but I ask everyone to treat each other a little nicer please.
    there are at least five threads dedicated to 'how to not get flamed'. some of them are even pinned at the top of the sub-forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskev View Post

Listen buddy, I just spent 3 years getting bawled out and humiliated by Internet nobodies from this forum. You think I'm going to take all that, turn around and be nice to other insolent Internet nobodies ? Poof. go stick your dick in a blender
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 02-04-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

3 years? Speaking on behalf of the internet, we didn't even realize what a sack of shit you were until like three months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

VigoTheCarpathian

You see

If people on the Internet make you upset, sad or confused with the state of humanity: perhaps it is time to find something to do that is more useful with your time. Have you done your taxes yet? Called a relative and share a conversation? Do you have to obsess about potential late adds since they added Prince in 09?

Most human beings lack basic reading skills due to the Internet. Some who still have them, have exceeded their tolerance for reposting of information that is readily available if you simply search for a minute or two

2013 - 2011 = 2.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

There should be some minimum post count one must reach before being able to start a thread. Would force the lazy to look around for an answer a little more rather than starting another redundant thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    There should be some minimum post count one must reach before being able to start a thread. Would force the lazy to look around for an answer a little more rather than starting another redundant thread.
    This is a great idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Seconded.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    2013 - 2011 = 2.
    After the first year I felt like a horrifying monster

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    there are at least five threads dedicated to 'how to not get flamed'. some of them are even pinned at the top of the sub-forums.

There is only one pinned thread that addresses this issue and it's in the "Rumors" section. It's a really good introductory post, but then a couple pages of people not really being all that excellent to each other.

It would be pretty easy for the Mods to post basic search info and encouragement to be cool with each other right at the top of the forum homepage.

There are some incredibly knowledgeable people in here and this could really be a great board if we all would chill out just a bit!

...now where did I put that blender?

The funny thing is that when you're at Coachella, you very rarely encounter anyone who isn't completely cool and someone you wouldn't want to be friends with back home. Of course when you're there you're too busy going from act to act and enjoying all the smiling faces, incredible sights/sounds/smells and good vibrations to have heart-to-hearts with 70,000 other people. But on here we're still locked into our "real lives" whatever that means, and it's easy to be jerks behind a screen.

Cactuskev is right, Be Excellent to each other, a la Bill and Ted! We should be the change we wish to see in the world, and less negativity is always a good thing. I usually try not to respond to Trolls or posts I consider dumb. But I must say, they're funny and people who get offended by them just fuel the fire with their counter-reactions.

Perhaps the moderators could take JustSteve's input into consideration, maybe 20 posts or so before you can begin threads? I've been reading this forum since 2002, and it will be hard to change the culture of snarky replies, but I think it's ok that the internet personality doesn't match the real life personality. We all know that when we're on the polo fields it's nothing but the very best, I guess that's all that really matters.

Let me just step in here to say that the mods don't give a shit about any of you or your ideas.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Quote Originally Posted by mlant View Post
    The funny thing is that when you're at Coachella, you very rarely encounter anyone who isn't completely cool and someone you wouldn't want to be friends with back home.
    Pre-2010 perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Yes, no shitty people showed up prior to the 2010 festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

We wouldn't have to be jerks if you guys would just stop asking dumb questions and starting shitty threads.

I could go for some chocolate ice cream right about now.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

VigoTheCarpathian

Good god man

For the record, I never once thought of any of these shit-stained assholes around here as douchebags.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Mesa, Az, Amsterdam and Antwerp when I can!

Coachella Forum Posters are divided into 2 categories and which one they are is immediately determinable.

Negative Posters are usually 30+ year old virgins or will be someday age wise. They have few friends, no job, live with mom because dad won't put up with them. They have no debit or credit cards and are mad they can't get tickets to Coachella.

Positive Posters or Coachellians have tickets. Plain and simple. Or they seriously want tickets but couldn't get through the purchase BS in time. They have serious questions relating to the festival or serious advice for new Coachellians who are excited about going. They have jobs, lots of friends and are nice to everyone including their parents, who possibly helped them get their tickets.

The simple truth! - Negative = Loser / Positive = Coachella Lover
    Last edited by artisticcreator; 02-15-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    99, 01, 02, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11,12,13, 14
    Dancing In The Desert and Loving Every Minute of Coachella!

Check out my Coachella pictures at Flickr.com under AJVaughn.com. Other art work there also!
    There are 3 Coachella sets on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alanjvaughn/sets

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbz View Post
    Pre-2010 perhaps.
    fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    This guy deserves his own category...under super-mega-ultra-awesome!!! How does he get his eyes to roll like that!!?

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    Listen buddy, I just spent 3 years getting bawled out and humiliated by Internet nobodies from this forum. You think I'm going to take all that, turn around and be nice to other insolent Internet nobodies ? Poof. go stick your dick in a blender
    now this is some hot shit! wow. anyone else appreciating how ironic the dicks on these boards are!!? its amazing. vigo, i want to break up.
    Last edited by themule; 02-14-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhatspydog View Post
    Seriously,

-People asking serious questions get stupid responses and trolled in every thread. Sure, some questions can become repetitive or the person could have looked it up themselves, and if that's the case ignore it. Not a reason to be a DOUCHEBAG.
    -Snobbiest music taste, fucking hipster douchebags, it pains me to read some of the "serious" discussions here.
    -Fuck you all.

Typical coachella poster:

Attachment 9143
    * C L A P S *

So fuckin true......... hipsters, Hahahahaha! Small dick havin cheesebags who feel they can act and talk like a tough guy, but in the real would other wise curl up in the fetal position if you raised your voice at them and gave em the stink eye! Don't mistake us all for that shit. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by artisticcreator View Post
    Coachella Forum Posters are divided into 2 categories and which one they are is immediately determinable.

Negative Posters are usually 30+ year old virgins or will be someday age wise. They have few friends, no job, live with mom because dad won't put up with them. They have no debit or credit cards and are mad they can't get tickets to Coachella.

Positive Posters or Coachellians have tickets. Plane and simple. Or they seriously want tickets but couldn't get through the purchase BS in time. They have serious questions relating to the festival or serious advice for new Coachellians who are excited about going. They have jobs, lots of friends and are nice to everyone including their parents, who possibly helped them get their tickets.

I don't think there is one shred of truth to what you've just said. Plane and simple.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Yea, shitcreator's manifesto is about as useful as Dorner's.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

How darest thou besmirch the name of Dorner.

RIP
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Positive Posters or Coachellians have tickets. Plane and simple. Or they seriously want tickets but couldn't get through the purchase BS in time. They have serious questions relating to the festival or serious advice for new Coachellians who are excited about going. They have jobs, lots of friends and are nice to everyone including their parents, who possibly helped them get their tickets.

Plane

and

Simple

December 31 - Matthew Dear/The Sword/Pallbearer
    January 30 - Behemoth
    February 3 - Zola Jesus
    February 6 - Sleep
    February 28 - A Place To Bury Strangers
    April 6 - Swans
    April 10-12 - Coachella
    April 17 - Clark/Nosaj Thing
    May 8-10 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 15-17 - Psycho California
    June 24-28 - Glastonbury

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
    Hey Artisticcreator, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all that goofy shit on the wall and mozzarella sticks?

Shenanigans?
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 02-14-2013 at 06:06 PM.