Thread: The official Frontgate complaint thread.

Default The official Frontgate complaint thread.

THE DUMBEST.

Default Re: The official Frontgate complaint thread.

I'm curious as to why weekend 1 sold out (in less than 10 minutes) but then based off a tip to try again, two hours later I was able to purchase a GA with shuttle pass for weekend 1. Kinda sucks for those who were trying on time. I'm very happy for me - but I totally understand why so many are frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    William, does Kitsgirl's avatar look to you like a woman giving birth to a giant baby as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    I'm curious as to why weekend 1 sold out (in less than 10 minutes) but then based off a tip to try again, two hours later I was able to purchase a GA with shuttle pass for weekend 1. Kinda sucks for those who were trying on time. I'm very happy for me - but I totally understand why so many are frustrated.
    I'm just mad that everyone, not only couldn't get the tickets, but that the process is so unorganized and that the website kept crashing.

Complaining on the Internet, what a novel concept.

Complaint one: the inability to add a camping pass to an existing order this morning. Seems like it shouldn't be that hard.
    Complaint two: the busy signal that I keep getting when I call. It's like they just set their phones down off the hook... been trying since 10. I know they are busy but feck.

Are the car camping passes soldout for Weekend 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

According to frontgate website, yes.

No complaints because I'll just buy one for under face value in March if I decide to go. Fuck FG.

Wowwwwwww. They didn't even sell out for the 1st Weekend last year, and now it sold out the first day of the onsale period.

Must've been due to the packaging deals they forced people to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

If Coachella can allegedly offer MILLIONS to Morrisey to reform the Smiths, Paul can certainly throw in a couple of bucks to build an infrastructure that doesn't crash on you once you get to checkout. Anecdotally, I've heard this happen many times today. Happened to five of my friends. C'mon Goldenvoice. Is there a contract with Frontgate that you can't get out of?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsgirl View Post
    One simple explanation is Frontgate probably purged all the orders that exceeded the limit, or people's cards didnt go through. All those people who said they were ready to check out when they got an error, those tickets went back into the mix.

When you have the general population involved there is always bound to be mistakes, but i hardly think its a scam.

I take back my complaints because I just got off the phone with them. I was able to add a car camping pass to my weekend two order. I ask her how it looked in terms of remaining passes, she said that they don't have a count but it will "probably be sold out by the end of the day." For whatever that's worth.

I LOVE FRONTGATE I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS. NEVER THEY ARE COOL PEOPLE.

I got my tickets on layaway like I do every year, today was just another day. Retards

still better than Ticketmaster
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    I got my tickets on layaway like I do every year, today was just another day. Retards
    Not just another day. It's Oprah's birthday. And Tom Selleck's.

...and mine!

Quote Originally Posted by meyouseek View Post
    Not just another day. It's Oprah's birthday. And Tom Selleck's.

...and mine!
    hAPPY BIRTHDAY MAY YOUR PENIS BE SERVICED TONIGHT.

Put aside portion of tax returns for this year's layaway for next year.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    THIS.

Frontgate is incompetent.

They had 8 months to fix the problems that occurred with their system during the May presale, and it actually got worse.

The ability to purchase tickets after the "sellout" was a combination of tickets somehow being released for sale late and a buggy system. The people who successfully got through had to use kind of a back-door way to get to the right page, or go back to an outdated browser page and go from there. There is no excuse for this. If tickets become available, the system should automatically open everything up to everyone, with no backdoor trickery required.

As much as I hate TicketDisaster, I agree that it's time to dump Frontgate and get a ticket vendor that can do the job.
    Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Ken, shut up. We are smarter than you, accept it.

As much as FrontGate drops the ball and the EPIC system does for Comic Con... I will still take them any day over TicketMaster, LiveNation, and Stubhub put together.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post

They had 8 months to fix the problems that occurred with their system during the May presale, and it actually got worse.

The ability to purchase tickets after the "sellout" was a combination of tickets somehow being released for sale late and a buggy system. The people who successfully got through had to use kind of a back-door way to get to the right page, or go back to an outdated browser page and go from there. There is no excuse for this. If tickets become available, the system should automatically open everything up to everyone, with no backdoor trickery required.

As much as I hate TicketDisaster, I agree that it's time to dump Frontgate and get a ticket vendor that can do the job.
    You're a complete idiot if you don't understand the concept of tickets being released back into the sale after other people's pages and holds timed out and reset.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post

Ticketmaster also release extra tickets after "sellouts" for the same reasons frontgate released tickets after the "sellout". Though I think TM waits several hours.

frontgate also wanted to push fans over to W2 to move that ticket inventory.