Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: BottleRock Napa Valley 2014

Default Re: BottleRock Napa Valley 2014

A lineup that includes Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, Sublime with Rome, Blues Travelers, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors and Barenaked Ladies is not any worse than a lineup that includes Zedd, AFI, Skrillex, City and Color, Capital Cities, the Naked and Famous, Foster the People and Lana Del Rey. In 15-20 years, more than half of those bands will be lucky if they can pull a state fair gig.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

They change LL Cool J to LL Cool J with DJ Z Trip

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    My buddy broke up with his girl after he found out she got buttfucked backstage by sugar ray after a show.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

TV on the Radio is officially added. Hopefully Band of Horses follows.

Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

According to the festival's FB page, No Age has been added to the lineup as well.

Single day line-ups are out. Looks like they are charging $139 for them with a discount code. Thats super expensive.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

maybe tickets will be available cheap on craigslist the week of the event. outkast saturday night. with de la soul being the only other act I would see that day prices would need to plummet for me to consider it.

I don't think Mayer Hawthorne was on there before but he is now.
    Shannon and the Clams - The Chapel - SF Feb 1st
    DJ Shadow (DJ set) - The Independent - SF Feb 22
    TOOL - Bill Graham Civic - SF March 12th
    Sleep - Cocoanut Grove - Santa Cruz March 22nd
    Neutral Milk Hotel - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 9th
    The Knife - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 16th

Yes, they posted they added Mayer Hawthorne and Noah Gundersen.

old school

This says acts got added, but I'm not sure if there's anything notable that's new.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=810417

Here are BottleRock’s main stage lineups:

Friday, May 30: The Cure, TV On The Radio, Sublime With Rome, Matisyahu, Railroad Earth, Mayer Hawthorne, Robert DeLong, Third Eye Blind, Moon Taxi, Gin Blossoms, Empires, Hurray For The Riff Raff, Spin Doctors, Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Miner, Ben Sollee, Moonalice

Saturday, May 31: Outkast, Weezer, Matt And Kim, Heart, De La Soul, No Age, Blues Traveler, Robert Earl Keen, Howie Day, Smash Mouth, Tea Leaf Green, Cracker, Moonalice

Sunday, June 1: Eric Church, The Fray, LL Cool J with DJ Z Trip, Black Angels, Keep Shelly In Athens, Barenaked Ladies, Deerhunter, Thee Oh Sees, Camper Van Beethoven, Jon Batiste And Stay Human, Noah Gundersen, James Otto, Delta Rae, Ed Kowalczyk, The Stone Foxes, Victory

But that’s not all, folks. Presented by Latitude 38 Entertainment, BottleRock will feature local, regional and up-and-coming acts at the City Winery Lounge and VIP Lounge stages.

Friday, May 30: The Incubators, Major Powers and the Lo Fi Symphony, Crazy Famous, Irontom, Breakaway Patriot, Cosmos Percussion Orchestra, Thom Chacon, Anchor And The Bell, Trevor Lyon, Kristen Van Dyke & The Bunnies, Roem Baur

Saturday, May 31: Trebuchet, Kingsborough, Graveyard Boots, The Deadlies, Soft White Sixties, Thicker Than Thieves, Nancyjoy Evans & The Wholehearted, Fred Torphy, Autumn Sky, Jealous Zelig

Sunday, June 1: Ramblerz, Grass Child, Michael Thomason Band, The Bell Boys, The Sorry Lot, Mike Annuzzi, Pat Jordan Duo, Amber Snider

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    A lineup that includes Smash Mouth, Third Eye Blind, Sublime with Rome, Blues Travelers, Gin Blossoms, Spin Doctors and Barenaked Ladies is not any worse than a lineup that includes Zedd, AFI, Skrillex, City and Color, Capital Cities, the Naked and Famous, Foster the People and Lana Del Rey. In 15-20 years, more than half of those bands will be lucky if they can pull a state fair gig.
    This

Any on the fence people going to Bottlerock instead of OLs after yesterday’s reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by Sconce View Post
    Any on the fence people going to Bottlerock instead of OLs after yesterday’s reveal?
    I think it's getting to the point with both of these festivals where it's best to pick single days.

I've already committed to both festivals this year, but if I were doing it over again, I'd skip the 3-day passes, and probbaly just get day tickets for The Cure and Tom Petty.

Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    Shit, I regret getting my local discount tickets now for 230. Good find Roboto

Guess that's a clue about how ticket sales are going.

Quote Originally Posted by Listening View Post
    Guess that's a clue about how ticket sales are going.
    Eh, if Bottlerock dies so be it, at least it might not be that crowded for its final year. Natural Selection is sure to kill off a festival in the next year or two in the bay area anyways just because of how near the saturation mark we are: Outside Lands, Treasure Island, Hardly Strictly, First City Festival (Monterey isn't that far), I think a festival just started in Sacramento like a year ago, and Bridge is pretty much a music festival, you pile that on top of an area with sooo many concert venues and arenas to choose from already somebody is bound to not make it out of the skirmish alive. That somebody might just be Bottlerock.

How long do you guys think this special will be running? And thanks for posting it.

Also, no kidding these things aren't selling well. They were way over priced at $150 a day.

David Pack added- Grammy winning artist-producer, former singer-guitarist of legendary rock band Ambrosia, who wrote & sang their classic #1 hits "How Much I Feel" "Biggest Part of Me" "You're the Only Woman" His collective works have sold over 50 mil; David has music directed massive global events for Elton John, Barbra Streisand, Billy Joel, and both of Pres. Clinton's Inaugurals; His new Concord Records CD: "Napa Crossroads", a 5 year collaboration with 5 of Napa's most prestigious wineries, feat. guest stars: Doors' Ray Manzarek, Bela Fleck, Todd Rundgren, Cage the Elephant, and many others. www.napacrossroads.com

what does that have to do with anything?

definitely considering going now....especially with the freefalling ticket prices

I really want to see a proper OutKast show.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

$100 is still too much but I feel I could camp out for Outkast and get the best possible spot I ever have a chance to get
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

3 day pass with 3 day parking pass for $199: http://www.ticketfly.com/event/56287...ley-2014-napa/

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

3 day pass with 3 day parking pass for $199.
    1 day pass with $10 Groupon Bucks for $99.
    https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-bot...-san-francisco

I feel kinda bad for them.

I don't think I'll ever understand why OutKast is doing this instead of Outside Lands.

Quote Originally Posted by mjryan5 View Post
    I don't think I'll ever understand why OutKast is doing this instead of Outside Lands.
    Because they will be over seas during Outsidelands, Oya Festival and Flow festival in Norway and Finland.

Well, the $199 pricing makes some sort of sense. $349 for a couple decent bands and then 10 county fair acts per day doesn't. They were stupid to think that $349 was good pricing for the lineup they were offering. I mean that's $100 over OSL which has significantly more bands per day on top of everything else it offers. But it doesn't look good for Bottlerock in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoline Groove View Post
    Well, the $199 pricing makes some sort of sense. $349 for a couple decent bands and then 10 county fair acts per day doesn't. They were stupid to think that $349 was good pricing for the lineup they were offering. I mean that's $100 over OSL which has significantly more bands per day on top of everything else it offers. But it doesn't look good for Bottlerock in 2015.
    I don't understand why they didn't just take a yearlong break.

All the articles I have read have said in defense of the line-up "Line-ups usually take a year to make and we had 4 months" would it have really damaged the brand much more if they took at 2014 hiatus and came back with a solid line-up in 2015?

One article I read said they are looking at "the long term" and like it's a marathon (meaning they are okay with breaking even or losing money even) but the other 25.2 miles in a marathon don't matter if you can't get past the first mile.