Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BottleRock Napa Valley 2014

Lightbulb Re: Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013

If anyone is looking for a Sunday ticket to Bottle Rock please email me: rachncox@gmail.com. I purchased one but decided to get the 3-Day pass instead.

Selling for $115 (face value $139). Will meet you at Will Call!

Default Re: Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013

Wait, how do they get away charging over $100 for:

Zac Brown Band
    Train
    Michael Franti and Spearhead
    Kacey Musgraves
    The Secret Sisters
    Cake
    The Wallflowers
    Grouplove
    Rogue Wave
    Erin O’Hara
    Rodrigo y Gabriela
    Brandi Carlile
    Mavis Staples
    Girls and Boys
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

not sure when it happened but I guess they pulled Further off the lineup.
    Shannon and the Clams - The Chapel - SF Feb 1st
    DJ Shadow (DJ set) - The Independent - SF Feb 22
    TOOL - Bill Graham Civic - SF March 12th
    Sleep - Cocoanut Grove - Santa Cruz March 22nd
    Neutral Milk Hotel - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 9th
    The Knife - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 16th

Quote Originally Posted by seyrnon View Post
    not sure when it happened but I guess they pulled Further off the lineup.
    they announced it last night, guess one of the guys is having some health issues that will keep him from playing so now they are scrambeling to find a replacement headliner for Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Wait, how do they get away charging over $100 for:

Zac Brown Band
    Train
    Michael Franti and Spearhead
    Kacey Musgraves
    The Secret Sisters
    Cake
    The Wallflowers
    Grouplove
    Rogue Wave
    Erin O’Hara
    Rodrigo y Gabriela
    Brandi Carlile
    Mavis Staples
    Girls and Boys
    $329 for a GA seems high to me in general.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRotten42 View Post
    they announced it last night, guess one of the guys is having some health issues that will keep him from playing so now they are scrambeling to find a replacement headliner for Thursday.
    oh for sure. I'm not gonna hold my breath but I hope they get someone halfway decent.

One of the guys ...... sorry that was funny to me anyway ..... cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Leaving tomorrow afternoon to head up for this. Going to be staying with family that lives pretty close to Russian Rivers and Lagunitas brewery. Who else is headed to this fest?
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole. Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Leaving tomorrow afternoon to head up for this. Going to be staying with family that lives pretty close to Russian Rivers and Lagunitas brewery. Who else is headed to this fest?
    I got a 4 day pass from a friend. I'm pretty pissed how they just reorganized the schedule for thursday though. they couldn't find anyone to replace further so now primus, violent femmes and avett bros are all playing at the same time closing a stage. pretty much the only acts I was really excited to see that day

The shuttle business is bullshit. Only one departure time from outside cities (10:30am)? Not very useful for those who have work on Friday and were looking to catch the last few hours of the fest (could have seen any of Blues Traveler, The Shins, The Flaming Lips, or The Black Keys).

I thought the definition of a "shuttle" is something that travels regularly back and forth between two places. I guess leaving at the same one time each day counts as "regularity," but man are they stretching the notion of a shuttle bus.

Oh joy! For those who can't attend the festival, they are kind enough to provide you with live streams of each day... FOR A PRICE. (wtf?)

$10/day or $35/4-days. I guess I can now say they've truly embraced the spirit of the Napa Valley... you can't even get a taste of the festival for free.
    Last edited by knotted_donuts; 05-08-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: prices

Did anyone go yesterday? Day 1 impressions? It sounded like the Macklemore night show on Wednesday was a clusterfuck on the way out - just wondering if they've sorted out some of the issues. Also, entry lines and security pat-downs?

Please let us know how it went to those that went (I think a couple from the board were going). Nice area but I didn't have a good feeling about this fest..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by knotted_donuts View Post
    Did anyone go yesterday? Day 1 impressions? It sounded like the Macklemore night show on Wednesday was a clusterfuck on the way out - just wondering if they've sorted out some of the issues. Also, entry lines and security pat-downs?
    I entered through the VIP entrance but the security patdown was really minimal and not invasive. Getting out was fine because it wasn't that crowded by the end of the night, but waiting for the shuttle back to the parking lot became a bit of a clusterfuck. There was a crowd of about 60 or 70 VIP's standing on a corner for almost a half hour before the first party bus came and it could only take 8 people or so. Folks started getting really mad and eventually three big busses all came out of nowhere and got us out of there. It was a little funky finding the will call to get our lanyards (seems like the shuttle should've just dropped us at the will call) and we missed the first 15 minutes of X cause of that. Other than that it was surprisingly a lot of fun. Violent Femmes fuckin killed it. The crowd was way more excited and singing along than the coachella crowd and they seemed more comfortable and in the element. Black Crowes were really awesome (never really listened to them before) especially because Jackie Green was playing with them and that guys great. there were a few other fun acts and overall it was a very nice day of music. and even though the beer and wine is expensive, the festival allows in's and out's so me and my brother left and got a couple beers at a mexican restaurant around the corner when we had some free time.

Quote Originally Posted by seyrnon View Post
    I entered through the VIP entrance but the security patdown was really minimal and not invasive. Getting out was fine because it wasn't that crowded by the end of the night, but waiting for the shuttle back to the parking lot became a bit of a clusterfuck. There was a crowd of about 60 or 70 VIP's standing on a corner for almost a half hour before the first party bus came and it could only take 8 people or so. Folks started getting really mad and eventually three big busses all came out of nowhere and got us out of there. It was a little funky finding the will call to get our lanyards (seems like the shuttle should've just dropped us at the will call) and we missed the first 15 minutes of X cause of that. Other than that it was surprisingly a lot of fun. Violent Femmes fuckin killed it. The crowd was way more excited and singing along than the coachella crowd and they seemed more comfortable and in the element. Black Crowes were really awesome (never really listened to them before) especially because Jackie Green was playing with them and that guys great. there were a few other fun acts and overall it was a very nice day of music. and even though the beer and wine is expensive, the festival allows in's and out's so me and my brother left and got a couple beers at a mexican restaurant around the corner when we had some free time.
    Cool keep up the helpful reviews. I get to see the B Crowes in a couple of weeks so glad to hear that esp ... cr****

We came in around 1pm from the North side and had no problem with traffic or finding a parking spot. For the first day, I thought things went pretty smoothly. It wasn't too crowded and once I got my bearings I was able to get close for everyone I wanted to see without much of a problem. The sound at the main stage was comparable to other festivals, but the other stages didn't seem loud enough, although Primus sounded great. It really sucked that Avett Brothers, Primus and Violent Fems were all at the same time. I always felt I was missing something, but Primus was the best of the bunch. X was great, but the sound at that stage wasn't up to Coachella or OSL standards. Same for Joan Jett. Black Crowes had easily the biggest crowd of the day. If you are going to but the tokens for the food court, it helps to get your tokens early in the day. The line to buy tokens around dinner time was ridiculously long. Didn't have much problem with beer or bathroom lines. All and all, I had a great time. It felt different than other festivals, but still enjoyable. Not sure I would want to go for the weekend unless I was staying within walking distance. I am sure the complainers will find something to complain about, but for $59, it was well worth the money.

but for $59, it was well worth the money

You could spend that much up there for dinner, and that wouldn't be an super expensive place .. So yep, I agree ... cr****

Getting to the festival parking lit has been very easy. Was close to the stage Friday and it took a while waiting in the crowd for the shuttle back to the lot and then waiting for cars to get out if the parking lot. Saturday, stayed further back from the stage, and left at the final song. Much shorter wait for the shuttles and exit from the lot.

Been good so far. Going into it this had the feel if a smaller festival, the lineup is admittedly thin ( Firday was the strongest day, IMO) and the grounds are even smaller than I expected. But the traffic (to the Kiser Road parking lot and once you get past past Kiser Road to exit) hadsnt heen bad at all, and both The Black Keys and Kings of Leon both delivered as headliners.

It is hot though, and there's minimal shade, so if you don't take heat very well you may not enjoy it much til the sun starts going down...but since the lineup is top-heavy you could wait it out and come later if you're mainly interested in the headliners.
    Last edited by Listening; 05-12-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Tnx for the info. If you can take any generic pics, not so much the people, but the venue set up and such, it would be appreciated cr****

Not wasting any time, they've already announced, and are selling tickets for, next year.
    Last edited by Listening; 05-13-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Tnx for the info. If you can take any generic pics, not so much the people, but the venue set up and such, it would be appreciated cr****
    I'll try to upload some later.

For the people that went, would you go again next year?

In and Outs. Basiclly no search (i brought in my rebel and a bunch of lenses). One guard didnt even bother searching me, he just said "hey is that a dakine backpack, you've got good taste" and waved me through. Friday and Saturday were crowded as fuck. Sunday and Thursday was really easy to move around to get water and to the front of the stages. Security inside was non existant, I walk in to the sound booth at the WillPower stage while Jane's was on to take pics and no one cared or stopped me. I feel next year will be a lot different and a bit more organized.

I went all 5 days and yes it was fun and yes the security was non existent. You could have brought in a bazooka and they probably wouldn't have noticed. All in all I enjoyed it, the VIP shuttle situation was a little nutty, they kept moving the pick up point because the CHP kept closing roads. The indoor comedy stage was a nice break from the heat, they had seats, A/C and mostly everyone got in.

I would say that they over sold the VIP because there were certain times it was so jammed in the VIP area that you couldn't move.

Mackelmore and Ryan Lewis was supposed to be free to pass holders if you RSVP ed, they didn't have an RSVP list and apparently they were selling tickets for $40 bucks but I basically talked my way in because I wasn't going to pay since they promised it was free to pass holders.

The food and wine were great. I had some amazing food from local Napa restaurants.

Mostly everyone was very nice, there were definitely some really bizarre white trash people there, not sure where they came from.
    Last edited by Ardentbiscuit; 05-14-2013 at 09:39 AM.

bizarre white trashOakland

Tnx for the info since I usually trust what you post. I can'e see me making that fest but ya never know.... cr****

I went Friday through Sunday, and I thought musically it was great. There wasn't much else to do outside of watching bands though, but its the old fucking fairgrounds, so I didn't expect anything else. I will be back next year though. Got lots of good bootlegs too

The comedians were fun, but Anthony Jeselik definitely upset lots of people around me, it was hilarious. People were gasping in horror.

I'm surprised there were no warnings for the comedians, I saw kids in there during some really dirty comedy.

The white trash people were the only downer of the show, they were truly the lowest form of life when they are yelling speak English at Cafe Tacuba. Truly sad people.

I saw these really dirty hippy girls with their hippy mom, they were picking up discarded food and tasting it and telling each other what it was.

I saw some wasted hippy guy going nuts screaming and attacking and destroying every water bottle he saw. So F ing weird.

The white trash people were so racist and homophobic I couldn't believe the things I heard them say and saw them do.

I can only assume they snuck in and once they up security the crowd will get better.

I never saw any "white trash" people. I saw a bunch of rich yuppies who thought it would be cool to just yap and yap during certain bands (like Andew Bird), but overall I felt the crowd was pleasant. I hated all the chairs and blankets, but thankfully on Sunday they told people they couldnt bring them in front of the soundboard area, which helped with the overcrowding I experienced on Saturday. It was fun being "home" for a few days. I expected a lot more kids/highschoolers to be there, but it was generally an older crowd I felt, which I have no problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    The comedians were fun, but Anthony Jeselik definitely upset lots of people around me, it was hilarious. People were gasping in horror.
    This is so awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I never saw any "white trash" people. I saw a bunch of rich yuppies who thought it would be cool to just yap and yap during certain bands (like Andew Bird), but overall I felt the crowd was pleasant. I hated all the chairs and blankets, but thankfully on Sunday they told people they couldnt bring them in front of the soundboard area, which helped with the overcrowding I experienced on Saturday. It was fun being "home" for a few days. I expected a lot more kids/highschoolers to be there, but it was generally an older crowd I felt, which I have no problem with.
    I was close to the stage on Friday, and it was a young crowd there...talked through the entire Shins set about the fact that they were going to see The Black Keys!!!!

And the shuttle ride did have a bit of the feel of being back in school ("I was so high during Edward Sharpe" was heard at one point).

Whatever though. If you go to enough festivals you get used to people acting like they've never been before...and if they're not drinking age yet, maybe they haven't.