Thread: Where can I park my car for free if I'm taking the Palm Springs shuttle?

Hybrid View

Default Where can I park my car for free if I'm taking the Palm Springs shuttle?

I'm staying at a condo by the Tram. ANd I Purchased the Palm Springs shuttle line. Where can I park my car if I drive to a shuttle location?

Thanks in advance!

James

Default Re: Where can I park my car for free if I'm taking the Palm Springs shuttle?

The past 2 years there's been a parking lot close to Desert Fashion Plaza that's designated for shuttle riders in Palm Springs not staying at any of the hotels. They'll probably send more info to you later.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Default Re: Where can I park my car for free if I'm taking the Palm Springs shuttle?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    The past 2 years there's been a parking lot close to Desert Fashion Plaza that's designated for shuttle riders in Palm Springs not staying at any of the hotels. They'll probably send more info to you later.
    I can confirm this... the buses are parked along a large parking lot that most people just parked their cars at beforehand. I'm not sure if it ever filled up though because I just stayed at the Palm Mountain resort across the street. Damn convenient... If I'd know it was that close I probably wouldn't have gotten a rental car.

Just be aware that once you're on the bus I think it took at least 30-45 minutes for that line to get to the grounds. Because of that it's a good idea to be there by 11 so you can get on the first few shuttles.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Quote Originally Posted by orangejulius View Post
    Just be aware that once you're on the bus I think it took at least 30-45 minutes for that line to get to the grounds. Because of that it's a good idea to be there by 11 so you can get on the first few shuttles.
    Good point.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

They had oodles of parking at the Fashion Plaza stop, downtown Palm Springs. Two years ago it was free. Last year it was $5 per day. You can park on the street for free, but I think it is safer and more convenient just to pay the $5.

Anyone have experience with the aqua caliente shuttle? Wondering about the parking there

I'm sure most know this by now but an email went out last week saying the buses will no longer go from Desert Fashion Plaza (I don't drive when I'm over there so not sure how/if this affects the parking situation at DFP).

Due to unforeseen circumstances we will no longer be able to dispatch shuttles from the Desert Fashion Plaza in Palm Springs. In lieu of this stop, you are free to ride from the Renaissance Palm Springs – only a short 10 minute walk from the Desert Fashion Plaza. Parking at the Renaissance Palm Springs is for registered guests only.
    Last edited by lovegeorgie; 02-04-2013 at 06:45 AM.

Sheesh - I never got that email. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Sheesh - I never got that email. Thanks for posting!
    No problem! Bit worrying people never got it (it got sent to me on 31st Jan)!

For anyone that this effects, the email also said they will refund shuttle passes for the Palm Springs line if this new option doesn't work for you (contact Valley Music Travel Guest Services by phone at (888) 833-1031 or by email at info@valleymusictravel.com).