Thread: How do i camp?

Default How do i camp?

First time to Coachella this year hoping to get my ticket soon. Could anyone tell me how I camp at Coachella without a car, do I need to buy a tent camping ticket? (as they seem to be sold out on the website) or can you buy these when buying a GA Festival/Shuttle Pass Combo? thanks

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: How do i camp?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

You won't..

well first you spin around a few times. look to the sky. find the big dipper. BOOM! camping!

like this

Could someone who knows please advise on how to camp? First time festival goers too. We assumed camping was included in the GA festival pass.

You assumed wrong, jameshealy; the FAQ is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

There's a FAQ at the website. Please read it.

Tickets are sold out anyway.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

You read what you're buying before you buy it? They state clearly that you need a separate camping pass in order to get a camp spot. One thing you can do is try to find someone who already has a camping pass and join in with them to share the campsite. Lots of groups will have multiple camping passes and create large camp sites, so if you start early and are nice and conversational and try to get to know people beforehand you should be able to get into a bigger camping group. The added bonus of this is that you get to know lots of people and have more fun over the weekend. The drawback? you probably won't sleep.

Oh, and don't buy a scalp camping ticket. The camping ticket has to have been bought with the pass, and they will check to make sure that the names on the camping pass and the festival pass match. They do this to keep people from just buying camping and A) trying to sneak in or B) filling up the campsite without going to the festival.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****