Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol at Coachella 2013

Lurker

Default Re: Alcohol at Coachella 2013

Quote Originally Posted by christheshark View Post
    FESTIVAL SOLUTION
    i always sneak in alcohol and its honestly not hard....
    they sell these at bevmo and its really easy to hide in ur shoe or somewhere in ur clothing....
    fill it up with vodka and pour it into the frozen lemonade and u are golden...

CAMP SITE SOLUTION
    SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS DIDNT NOTICE IT UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE--->
    OF COURSE U ALREADY HAVE ABOUT A 24 PACK OF WATER BOTTLES
    WITHOUT DESTROYING THE PACKAGE
    PULL OUT THE BOTTLES FROM THE SIDE OPENING AND GET TO THE MIDDLE 4
    FILL THEM UP FULL OF VODKA OR GIN AND PLACE THEM NEATLY BACK INTO THE PACKAGE...
    FOR JAGERMEISTER POUR CONTENTS INTO A DIET COKE BOTTLE AND HAVE ABOUT THREE OTHER DIET COKE BOTTES IN A COOLER SO IT DOESNT LOOK OBVIOUS...
    FOR SAILOR JERRY FIND A CREAM SODA BOTTLE AND FOLLOW THE RULES AS THE THE JAGER MEISTER
    This sounds like a good idea. Forget paying $10 a drink ontop of the ticket price.

The cocktail waitresses will always come back to you if you initially give them a 20 dollar tip.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Now we talking. On the self-imposed wagon right now, during weekdays, but love seeing this thread. Bring on the drinks!

Still officially a case per car like 2010? On Thursday would like a shot or two of tequila followed by a beer and some ganj. That sounds delightful. Pre-planning.

Ever since I've started coming to Coachella I thought the alcohol policy was silly. Fortunately the music more than makes up for it.

I think this year I'll need to sneak something in though... When it gets dark and the best shows are on the last thing I want to do is waste time in the beer gardens. I've almost completely avoided them. I prefer the bottle of wine you can carry around at Lolla... now that's a good day.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza

Lurker

I can't imagin going to coachella and NOT drinking but that's just me.

do they sell ice in the camp grounds btw? Warm alcohol in the desert dosnt sound appealing.

To get liquor into the campgrounds I have used nalgene water bottles and also just stuffed plastic bottles of smirnoff etc into my sleeping bag. My best advice is get there super early thursday to get a good camp spot and then you never have to buy in the fest. We were on 109th and any time we wanted a beer or anything else for that matter we just took a ten minute walk. It was faster than waiting in line for beer and I saved about $100 that weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Can't be more bro than Gotye.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaL View Post

do they sell ice in the camp grounds btw? Warm alcohol in the desert dosnt sound appealing.
    Yeah, its not cheap but you can get it. Putting 10lbs of dry ice in your cooler before you add regular ice or anything else keeps it cold a lot longer. You can get it at pretty much any grocery store sometimes you just have to ask at the front counter though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Can't be more bro than Gotye.

Yes, the general stores will have ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I basically only drink in the campgrounds, after. I don't like being drunk outside in the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Why don't you wankers stay in jolly old London with your questions isn't it? Sounds like a party for benders on this thread isn't it. We know you scaly waggers over there can't drink like us Yanks isn't it.. Well chump off now..
    No one had anything to say about this?!?!?

Bring an extra case for the car line on Thursday.

I work at a bar, and we don't allow foreign drivers licenses, the security at Chella can either be much tougher or more lax, depending on their training, so bring your passport to the campground ID check and you'll be fine

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Lurker

Smile Re: Alcohol at Coachella 2013

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    I work at a bar, and we don't allow foreign drivers licenses, the security at Chella can either be much tougher or more lax, depending on their training, so bring your passport to the campground ID check and you'll be fine
    Cheers

im really suprised by this. only ever been to glastonbury and you can pretty much do what you want and take drink to all the stages/campsites/ areas. sneaky bevies it is then

I had a hookup at the ID check in between the main and outdoor stage that would sell me two dollar budweisers outside of the beer garden, he finally got caught last year after two years of awesomeness and isn't working this year. Anyone else get beer from this guy? Huge Mexican dude.

Quote Originally Posted by badabingbilly View Post
    im really suprised by this. only ever been to glastonbury and you can pretty much do what you want and take drink to all the stages/campsites/ areas. sneaky bevies it is then
    It's same at festivals in Oz, frustrating cos in ireland they have bars beside the stages. A shame cos the real festival feeling can only be got by walking around with a warm flat beer!

It won't rain at Coachella either, that's gonna be wierd too!

Who knows, weekend one last year was cold and a little wet, although since it is desert rain it evaporates within seconds.

do u think that the security will think that a box of wine a day is excessive? therefore 3 boxes of wine?

That's likely just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by billtino View Post
    You actually need to go thru the whole ID Check/21 & over wristband ordeal daily now. They change the color of the wristband. At least they did from Sat to Sun during Week 2 last year. I left my ID in the campsite on Sunday & couldn't get a new drinking band until I went back to my campsite...but by then I just drank my own beer so it saved me some $.
    Going forward I really hope they don't make you get a new one each day. Damn weekend two f'ing it up for everyone.

What a waste of time and who wants to carry their ID around everyday.
    06', 07', 08', 09', 10', 11', 12', 13'

Smuggle in alcohol. Get those bags at bevmo and put em in your shoes, bra (if your a girl) crotch it as a dude. The alcohol is expensive.

We get VIP and there's never a line for booze there but damn, that GA booze line was incredible. People are assholes and they don't move out of the way when they get a drink, they stand there talking and drinking until they need another one. Fuck those people. Smuggle your shit in so you can avoid that. Even with no lines for booze in GA I'm smuggling stuff in like I did last year. I opened up a small part of my backpack and shoved in drugs and booze and sewed it back up every day. Also shoved stuff in my bra. Nice to be a chic they don't feel up the boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Jemima View Post
    bevmo - where is is this place??? im a little special somtimes... let me get this right... u cant take beer to the stages?
    cor blimey yur a stupit git
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstFeist View Post
    Going forward I really hope they don't make you get a new one each day. Damn weekend two f'ing it up for everyone.

What a waste of time and who wants to carry their ID around everyday.
    The same wristbands were used Friday & Saturday, but they were having a problem with a bunch of underage drinkers getting in on Saturday, so they switched the wristbands on Sunday so everyone had to get re-ID'ed. Hopefully they will improve the controls this year so we can go with one ID all weekend.

Also, there was an ID check half way down mainstreet in Lot 8 of camping. I didn't do it last year, but my friends saw the ID swaps on Sunday and were able to go back to our tent a lot easier than if they had waited until entering the festival. Then they went back and just put their IDs back in the car. Worth considering if you are campign so you don't have to walk further if you want to leave your ID at camp.

Quote Originally Posted by sl4shd0t View Post
    Smuggle in alcohol. Get those bags at bevmo and put em in your shoes, bra (if your a girl) crotch it as a dude. The alcohol is expensive.

We get VIP and there's never a line for booze there but damn, that GA booze line was incredible. People are assholes and they don't move out of the way when they get a drink, they stand there talking and drinking until they need another one. Fuck those people. Smuggle your shit in so you can avoid that. Even with no lines for booze in GA I'm smuggling stuff in like I did last year. I opened up a small part of my backpack and shoved in drugs and booze and sewed it back up every day. Also shoved stuff in my bra. Nice to be a chic they don't feel up the boobs
    Security check from camping into the festival no boob check. Security check from shuttle stop into camping was a full boob check. Side, over, and under every day...so be careful ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by badabingbilly View Post
    it's nice to be able to walk the grounds at 12am and not be stepping on millions of beer cups in addition to all the trash that is already there. or even better, be in a crowd and not have to worry about some asshole carrying 4 beers to his "friends up front" and spilling them all over you (im always the spill magnet). and usually i see FAR less shitfaced people laying around in their own vomit than i do at most unrestricted festivals
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    it's nice to be able to walk the grounds at 12am and not be stepping on millions of beer cups in addition to all the trash that is already there. or even better, be in a crowd and not have to worry about some asshole carrying 4 beers to his "friends up front" and spilling them all over you (im always the spill magnet). and usually i see FAR less shitfaced people laying around in their own vomit than i do at most unrestricted festivals
    At ezoo last year, an extraordinarily drunk woman tried to get me to dance with her; i demurred. A while later, she tripped on something and her entire beer went flying through the air into me. :{

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by lolandmark View Post
    It's same at festivals in Oz, frustrating cos in ireland they have bars beside the stages. A shame cos the real festival feeling can only be got by walking around with a warm flat beer!

It won't rain at Coachella either, that's gonna be wierd too!
    Really? Most Sydney festivals let you drink everywhere.

It's funny because at OSL and ACL (where you can walk the grounds with your beers) I've never had anyone spill beer on me, but I could definitely see this happening at Coachella because of this reason.

i thought that was a festival!! next you will be telling me there's no mud!

Really? Most Sydney festivals let you drink everywhere.
    This was Perth, Perth is very different!