Thread: Tired of "Add more bands" threads...

Default Tired of "Add more bands" threads...

This thread is for folks who love this lineup just the way it is right now.

I'm one of them, obviously.

And instead of requesting more bands, I am already overloaded trying to process this year's massive lineup.

For example: where/when else has it been possible to see Bjork and RATM within the span of a weekend, let alone under the stars at a beautiful outdoor venue, let alone with scores of other groovy artists??

I can't get over some posts that claim the lineup is too thin. Have you ever been to a concert before? Or listened to an album from front to back? Maybe artists should just release singles, play one or two songs at the festival, and go home - then it'd be just like your iPod. Personally, I'd be content with like 4 bands per day playing super long sets.

Finally, if you're bummed about The Shins, Sufjan, Modest Mouse, et al., then go to Pitchfork's festival. Plenty of these types of artists showed up last year. Or perhaps Sasquatch Festival (or whatever it's called)? The point is, there are other festivals. Coachella is what it is, and to me, that's more than enough. Mega thanks, GV - See you in 3 months.

Peace.

Default Re: Tired of "Add more bands" threads...

they will add more acts tho. Probably 10-20 more groups will be playing. But, the lineup as it is looks totally great to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Default Re: Tired of "Add more bands" threads...

I think the line-up is certainly adequate. Would I fly over the ocean and through the woods on foot to see, yeah. Probably. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt.

I'm sure they'll add more too, which makes it all the more difficult to decide who and when we can fit in ALL that we want to see. I could take or leave the RHCP, christ, I didn't even like their last album, in spite of the rave reviews- hopefully they'll stick to their old standards from BSSM or MM and skip the new stuff.

I dig FOW too with a long, cool drink of something with soda water and ketle one, but in the hot weather, yeesh-

Besides, Coachella is more than the music, it's the chance to see some great acts and spend time with old friends, meet new ones, blah blah blah.
    -----------
    Fabulist Releasing 5/2007
    modern man is ultra quick