Thread: chilli peppers to close? WEAK

Angry chilli peppers to close? WEAK

I have seen the chilli's a few times over the years. Great band that they once were they are not that band anymore. just over 3 months they put on the same OLD act at Austin city limits. ACL is $250 by the way. Wow pretty original Coachella every year I argue how much better your festival is to my friends. You will always see a closer at Coachella that you will see no where else. Now your copying last years garbage from another smaller cheaper festival. Shame on you. After 7 straight years I am questioning if I should still go for my goal of 10. none of the closers are anything mind blowing. It's just WEAK.

Default Re: chilli peppers to close? WEAK

Quote Originally Posted by juicey jer View Post
    I have seen the chilli's a few times over the years. Great band that they once were they are not that band anymore. just over 3 months they put on the same OLD act at Austin city limits. ACL is $250 by the way. Wow pretty original Coachella every year I argue how much better your festival is to my friends. You will always see a closer at Coachella that you will see no where else. Now your copying last years garbage from another smaller cheaper festival. Shame on you. After 7 straight years I am questioning if I should still go for my goal of 10. none of the closers are anything mind blowing. It's just WEAK.
    because of the chili peppers, you're considering not going this year? your logic is fucking flawless.

If it wasn't almost twice as much as any other festival I wouldn't care. I am going this year because I already have a ticket. But I will be keeping my options more open when deciding what festivals to hit next year. Coachella has always been a sure thing in the past. I was emphasizing my displeasure with my favorite festival closing with part of a once great band.

You sound like a whiney bitch, regulators mount up!!! You's a straight bitch dogg.
    Last edited by Riggins33; 01-28-2013 at 07:31 PM.

chumpy thread

If you're only going for the closers and you think the festival is only good because of better closers, you are bad and you should feel bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

it just means i have to go to primavera as well lol

I'm sure everyone on this board appreciates your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

oh RHCP are playing? thats cute! you know there is more than one stage right?
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

VigoTheCarpathian

Shame on you for being an insolent fool

rhcp - best band coachella 2013

I agree that it sucks. It'll be my first Coachella not spending the last triumphant moments of the festival at the main stage. Fortunately there are at least 6 other stages I can choose from.

Chances are I'll watch some of the Chili Peppers set anyways. Maybe we'll get lucky and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds or Wu-Tang will be on at the same time at Gobi or Mojave.

Be positive man. This is still the best festival lineup I've seen posted for this year so far. It's hard to top what they pulled of in 2012.
    My Arcade Fire Brooklyn review
    @cloneradio

Coachella '10, '11, '12 Weekend 1, '13 Weekend 1, '14 Weekend 1
    Lollapalooza '08, '12, '13
    Bonnaroo '13
    Sarsfest' 03
    Rock Am Ring '06
    Download Festival '06
    Novarock '06
    Rock The Bells '07
    Orion Festival '12
    Made In America '12, '13
    Laneway Detroit '13

Ghost 11:00pm @ the mojave
    be there

2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2013w1, 2014w2

If it wasn't almost twice as much as any other festival I wouldn't care. I am going this year because I already have a ticket. But I will be keeping my options more open when deciding what festivals to hit next year. Coachella has always been a sure thing in the past. I was emphasizing my displeasure with my favorite festival closing with part of a once great band.
    350 is not bad considering you see anywhere from (i'd say) 28-35 bands and djs over the weekend. Something like 12 bucks per band? Keep in mind you're never going to catch most of the bands/djs on the top 4 lines for under 30 bucks some even 60+. So to say you're not getting value is really stupid. Who would you have liked them to book instead? Cause pretty much anyone you can name I bet are unrealistic or they made an offer but failed to make a deal. What more can you really ask? They made up for it in the undercards so shut the fuck up and stop crying!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if Daft Punk were to play, but at the end, they take of their helmets and it was Justice all along? And they're all like "We are Juusteeeece!"

RHCP are fucking awesome, i dont give a shit if they play in some festival in kentucky or wherever. I DONT LIVE IN FUCKING KENTUCKY. Why does it matter that they play at other festivals.

By this logic, I shouldn't go to any show of any band since they tour around and play in other cities.
    Coachella 2010, 2011, 2012-2, 2013-2

VigoTheCarpathian

Narek Jon, Red Hots Chiling Peppers shad lav che. Doo chi kidde shad music, aper.

Lurker

Yeah, pretty weak. Chili Peppers have some good stuff, but they don't deliver live (unless old age has improved them substantially). Fortunately there are over a dozen other bands to be excited about, no matter what kind of music you're into.

(Last year I left during Black Keys because they were boring, and Radiohead because I didn't care. It's not about the headliners.)