Thread: Is it possible to both car camp and stay in an offsite condo?

Default Is it possible to both car camp and stay in an offsite condo?

My friends and I would love the comfort of a nice shower/pool/bbq at a condo while at the same time being able to enjoy the craziness of the campgrounds. My understanding is that you can not get into the campgrounds without a camping pass - is this correct?

If we were to get a car camping pass (as that seems to be the only thing left) could we go and park our car, setup a tent but then rent bikes to roll from condo to fesitival to campgrounds? Has anyone done this?

Thanks for the help!

Default Re: Is it possible to both car camp and stay in an offsite condo?

All you need to enter the campgrounds is a festival wristband.

You can get into the campground without a camping pass.
    A camping pass is for a camping spot, not for the right to enter the campground.
    Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
    - Kurt Vonnegut

I had friends who did this and it worked out great for them. They were staying a nearby hotel and parked one of their cars there and the other in the campgrounds. Although there was only one car in their group they were able to go in and out of the venue and hang out, relax and drink if they wanted to. They ended up packing up the car early on Sunday and just drove to the hotel after everything was over.

Yes, my friends did this last year. They pretty much did "Late afternoon-Chella" to avoid the heat. We'd meet back at my car campsite for the evening pre-funk sessions and re-enter w/ our second wind
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTime View Post
    If we were to get a car camping pass (as that seems to be the only thing left) could we go and park our car, setup a tent but then rent bikes to roll from condo to fesitival to campgrounds? Has anyone done this?
    you have to set up tent next to car but sure you can bike out to a condo.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I did the car camping pass and condo last year and will never do anything else. We bought the camping pass with our tickets and rented a condo in la quinta. It was amazing to have a bed shower hot tub pool bbq then go to our camp ground and drink leave a change of clothes and water to have a homebase if anyone got lost. I highly recommend that.

This was going to be my plan, until I was unable to get a single camping pass. Oh well.

If you have a ticket you can add it on for like 80 bucks

YES! This is what we are doing this year and I'm super excited and looking for some advice too.

We are planning on being in line for car camping as early as 6am Thursday before the fest Weekend 1. We're going to get a badass spot for car camping, setup, and kick back for a bit. Then we planned for our other friends to pick us up and take us back to the two hotel rooms we have booked. I've never camped/car camped in the 5 years I've been. We've always had a hotel close to the venue. I really cannot imagine doing Coachella all day and not getting the proper rest at night either. So we thought it would be good to also get a cheap hotel close to the venue too. That way we can decide to camp or drive back to the hotel each night and just use the camping spot for partying and chilling out at different times during the day. Plus it will pay dividends just for the beer money savings.

Here's where I need some advice. #1 reason I don't want to camp the whole weekend is because I don't want to have to shit in a nasty porto-john.... I just can't do it. Second, I don't party like the kids do anymore, and I won't be trying to stay up all night. However, I imagine its loud and roudy after the festival closes each night, and shitty sleep = a shitty attitude the next day, especially if I got a headache from drinking(potential problem with the heat). So, what are your recommendations as far as staying at the campgrounds a night or two? Or should I just get the best of both worlds?

I used my camp site as like a giant locker small beer garden. You downed an 18 pack before even walking in day one and left a pair of clothes there in case I wanted to change and not lug around an ugly back pack. But I went home every night I needed food a bed that doesn't have the sun cooking you at 7 in the morning and a hot clean shower. Best of both worlds no doubt.