Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rodriguez!

Default Re: Rodriguez!

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    "I wonder how many times you had sex"
    That song would be so much better if that part wasn't in it, creeps me out every time...
    Formerly Riggins33
    Formerly Profchaos

Coachella 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 w2 2013 w1

I really want his set to be at sun down!!
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Fidoosh View Post
    I really want his set to be at sun down!!
    It was at sundown.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I watched Searching for Sugarman the Wednesday before leaving for Coachella, that documentary is amazing. Check it out if you haven't already. Rodriguez was probably my top 1 or 2 performer I was looking forward to all weekend. When he came out, I think his daughter helped him to the mic, and the crowd went simply wild. He wasn't moving well - his daughter gave the crowd the love symbol since the crowd was going wild. A very touching moment. His mic didn't seem to be turned up enough, it was somewhat hard to hear him. Also, Social Distortion was playing on the main stage, so their sound was bleeding over it seemed like. Still an honor to be able to see him perform. One of my favorites of the weekend.
    Coachella 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.2, 13.2, 14.2, 15.2
    Outside Lands 10, 11, 13, 14

His damn Mic was so low , all I could hear was Tame Impala.
    Spicy pie is mainstream shit.

Did he play "Cause?" That song is so desolate. I teared up to it the other day. Very strange.
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

i caught a few songs of his set weekend 1 but i went to my locker as he was summoning a dust storm. i have a feeling i'll be kicking myself in the face after i see the documentary but oh well
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Has anyone else had the feeling that he doesn’t really want to tour and that it’s really his daughters pushing him thought this as a last ditch effort to pick up a few bucks?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

I totally thought about that. The way he was guided on stage he just seemed lost and reluctant. It made me sad. It was like he was her puppet.

I thought his set was awful and I feel bad for anyone who pays $70 to see him
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I totally thought about that. The way he was guided on stage he just seemed lost and reluctant. It made me sad. It was like he was her puppet.
    My understanding is that he's partially blind, which was why he needed help and was guided on stage. That could be why the mic was bright red too, so he could see it more easily? I only noticed it at his set.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I thought his set was awful and I feel bad for anyone who pays $70 to see him
    Did anyone see him at the Orpheum?
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

i was looking forward to this set, but was extremely disappointed... horrid sound, nasty bleed over..

did anyone notice the bass player just standing there while a backing tape played? very odd. couldnt hear him..

Quote Originally Posted by fibes View Post
    i was looking forward to this set, but was extremely disappointed... horrid sound, nasty bleed over..

did anyone notice the bass player just standing there while a backing tape played? very odd. couldnt hear him..
    Yeah at the beginning of "I wonder" the bassist was playing and the song was sounding good then Rodriguez just stopped told everyone not to play and did the song himself. I don't understand why cuz it was sounding good... I got videos of it all, just waiting for them to finish uploading and I'll post them.
    I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

i thought i heard the bass line but coming from the PA (like a taped track)

So, how was weekend 2? I don't think I heard a full song during the full first half of the set weekend 1 and didn't go back weekend 2. It was good to see him still, too bad about the sound though.

Here's my Vids.

I CAN HAZ SHUTTLE?

Was this the closest thing to a 2013 meltdown?

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

Weekend 1 it was the 2013 meltdown. So disappointing, it was a shambles.

How was it weekend 2 guys? Tell me redemption was forthcoming
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Redemption indeed. I posted this in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    I agree he sucked pretty bad weekend 1, but part of it was that the sound was shit from those high winds. You couldnt hear a damn thing unless you were in the middle of the tent. He also stopped midway through the song, sat there for a while, then started over....not sure if he forgot where he was or what. But I decided to give him another shot weekend 2 and I gotta say...he was 100 times better. Not only did it sound great, but he performed much better...he didnt have to restart any songs, he seemed more lively, overall I'm really glad I went again. It was much more of what I was expecting.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    Redemption indeed. I posted this in another thread:
    I agree. I skipped him weekend 1, but caught the last few songs of his weekend 2 set. He did a good job, and the crowd was really digging it. Lots of applause and he seemed sincerely touched/grateful by the ovation at the end of his set. He soaked it in for a while before he split.

Definitely redeemed himself. I heard his weekend 1 set was very bad due to sound issues but I wasn't about to miss him weekend 2, even while knowing that. One of my favorite sets all weekend. Just seeing him walk on stage was a gift. I was up front and his mic was a little low the first 2 songs but they seemed to have fixed it after that. So glad I didn't miss him. The band seemed to be really honored playing up there with him also. They all took a bow at the end of their set while the applause lasted for minutes.

I'm glad he had a better set w2. He's working a lot this summer. I hope they don't kill him.

Glad to hear he killed W2. W1 set did suck sadly. Love him though and hope I can see him again.
    Coachellas '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 (W1&2), '13 (W1&2)