Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rodriguez!

Default Re: Rodriguez!

So great that the Searching for Sugar Man documentary won the Oscar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I'm happy for Rodriguez, whose music I enjoy, and who deserves much better than he got, but there were much better documentaries put out this year.

I need to watch this documentary, I've heard quite a bit about it on this board and on Reddit, sounds really good.

best part of the oscars last night. a well deserved recognition for the Rodriguez team.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

I went to a screening of Searching for Sugar Man at the Writers Guild the night before the Oscars. The crowd exploded in applause afterwards! Its such a well done documentary and and an even more amazing story.

I'd bet that now he's a lock for the Outdoor
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

oh wow....

this is awesome.

Rodriguez is scheduled to play the Orpheum in LA on Tuesday, April 16th, between W1 and W2. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10am. I will see him on W1 and am sorely tempted to see him that Tuesday.

http://www.axs.com/events/239868/rodriguez

Just watched the film. Great story, glad to see this guy getting the recognition he deserves.
    2013 Wishlist
    OUTKAST, Black Hippy, Ryan Hemsworth, Pleasurekraft, Shlohmo, TNGHT, Action Bronson, Flylo/Captain Murphy, Jamie xx, DJ Funeral, Lone, Cashmere Cat, De La Soul, Chief Keef, Flosstradamus,

Just watched this as well. Great film, and the artist is great too... can't wait to see him.

Watched the documentary over the weekend. What an amazing story, he's such a humble man. And his music is wonderful, can't wait to catch his set!

old school

Sold out 1,000 seat show in Vancouver on April 26th just got cancelled. Local promoter doesn't know what's happening.

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/en...ml?rel=6122402

old school

Sold out 1,000 seat show in Vancouver on April 26th just got cancelled. Local promoter doesn't know what's happening. More shows getting canned.

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/en...ml?rel=6122402

http://exclaim.ca/News/rodriguez_cancels_vancouver_show

well hopefully he cancelled that april 26th date because he plans on being exhausted after sf>la>coachella, and needs some time off before he goes to amsterdam in may. Lets keep our fingers crossed that he remains healthy & able to play for as long as he can manage.
    Friday - OutKast / The Replacements / The Afghan Whigs / Shlohmo / GOAT / Flatbush Zombies / Glitch Mob / John Spencer / DJ Falcon / The Bots
    Saturday - QOTSA / NAS / CHVRCHES / Temples / Mogwai / Warpaint / DARKSIDE / Ty Segall / Graveyard / Carbon Airways
    Sunday - Beck / Disclosure / Motorhead / Little Dragon / Trombone Shorty / Frank Turner / Bombino / Bad Manners / J. Roddy / Scuba

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience ― Mark Twain

Watched the documentary last night, holy crap what an amazing story. Would be really incredible to experience him live.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

old school

Phoenix on April 18th(between festival weekends) is listed as canceled on TM.
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/19...1&minorcatid=2

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsArtist.aspx?ID=142815
    Bunch of dates in March look safe. Those three nights and even four nights in a row must be pushing him quite hard.

damn, maybe that is why they put him on the main page for todays video. Let us know he still plans on coachella at this time.

Rolling Stone published 10 Things You Don't Know About Rodriguez:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-star-20130328

The artist I'm most excited to see.

I was thrilled to see him on the line up when it was released. I will for sure be there for his performance.
    Woodstock '94 and '99, Phish Fest '99, Moe. down '00, Gathering of the Vibes '00-'03, Rock the Bells '07, Sunset Strip Music Festival '11
    Coachella W2 2013, Bottle Rock Napa Valley 2013, Outside Lands 2013, Uproar Festival Chula Vista 2013, NIN @ Staples Center 8.11.2013
    Phish @ SPAC 7.4.2014
    Crosby, Stills and Nash @ Bethel Woods 7.5.2014
    The Hudson Project 7.10-7.13.2014
    Motley Crue @ Chula Vista, CA 7.30.2014
    Outside Lands 8.8-8.10.2014
    NIN and Soundgarden @ Chula Vista, CA 8.21.2014

So I have sort of mixed feelings about this guy. I listened to his music before I saw the movie -- got the soundtrack album when he was announced for Coachella. His songs are quite catchy and some of them have decent lyrics. But I find his songs also have some fairly clumsy aspects as well. anyway just saw the movie a few days ago, it is certainly a very interesting story. it also is very careful to display his songs in the best light possible, with none of the clumsy parts featured at all.

In the end though his songs stick in my head. I'll probably go to his set barring some awful conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    So I have sort of mixed feelings about this guy. I listened to his music before I saw the movie -- got the soundtrack album when he was announced for Coachella. His songs are quite catchy and some of them have decent lyrics. But I find his songs also have some fairly clumsy aspects as well. anyway just saw the movie a few days ago, it is certainly a very interesting story. it also is very careful to display his songs in the best light possible, with none of the clumsy parts featured at all.

In the end though his songs stick in my head. I'll probably go to his set barring some awful conflict.
    define clumsy......

examples?
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

welll i'm late to the party, but man I'm having fun discovering Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by fredbull View Post
    define clumsy......

examples?
    This is a valid question, I will find examples of what I mean in the next several days.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

i mean i might agree with you i just don't know what you mean jajajajaja
    09-10-11-12-13-14

Quote Originally Posted by Blaker View Post
    ...you will usually hear House music at a HOUSE (thus the name), Drum and Bass can be played anywhere and requires both a DRUM and a BASS in the song to be apart of the DnB genre, where EDM music stands for European Digital Music and really doesn't need an explanation because everyone knows what that sounds like.
    "No, No, you're not thinking - You're just being Logical" - Neils Bohr

"I wonder how many times you had sex"

"And your selfishness is your cardinal sin"

"I've played every kind of gig there is to play now
    I've played ****** bars, hooker bars, motorcycle funerals
    In opera houses, concert halls, halfway houses."
    Last edited by TomAz; 04-01-2013 at 05:19 AM.

yea.

What a songwriter . Can't miss set for me .

You lucky bastards get to see this man perform. If I were going I wouldn't miss this.